Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Nice! How does it vape? My wife has a Random present day coming up.
It's awesome! Here's a pic of the guts :)
image.jpg
The atty is the Bambino built at .34 with 26g kanthal :)

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
It's wonderful, Dinger! I used to love those, too! Nothing better than actually seeing inside of a carto and watching it fill, or empty.

I love your final thought - "I do believe I can happily vape pretty much all across the spectrum." That's what it's really all about anyway. I don't much believe in the Unicorn or holy grail vapes anymore. To me, it is much more sensible to figure out how to have a marvelous vape with what I actually have... and stop looking constantly for better and better.

On the subject of BF..... I've got an Aurora BFT thingie, and I'm pretty sure someone else around here has one too. (;)) I've yet to give mine a whirl (she said with shame). Anyone else using one?

Richard! Rich! Ric! RIX!!!!! Love the progression, and the story! I've got a similar one, yet not quite as colorful as yours.

Ramble on, dude.

Well I'm all set to start my Rixsta Pixstas juice line..(I make a dam good custard juice if I do say so myself, the wife loves it and will do anything for it...well almost anything :?:)

11kjubk.jpg

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
This so has to be my next adventure. It's time to DIY some joose :-}

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"
You will find that once you start, you will never go back, for instance, the best custard juice, Isle of Custard, has a cult following, £25 for 100ml, which in todays retail market, isn't bad. I have recreated his juice, had a smile on my face, this cult following is just Capella Vanilla custard with a few others mixed, better not say any more..but it works out at £1 per 100ml.
Mother's milk, suicide bunny, expensive, uses three flavours mixed which I can recreate very easy, the list goes on..

It's great fun, it's something me and my wife do together, we come up with new flavours, some great, some down right awful. You control your juice to your liking and to your taste buds, you know what's going in it, how much flavouring you like, you can alter the vg pg ratio to suit different coils, same with the nic level, your not spending money every month, you always have juice to vape while others are steeping, I don't have to worry about how much I vape any more or think about putting an order in.. The list goes on, it is fantastic and so so much cheaper. If you decide to give it a whirl, I'm always here to help, it's really not that difficult.. I use "e juice me up" calculator which makes it super easy. I'm so angry at myself for the money I have spent on juice, what was I thinking, I should of done this a long time ago.. I have 8 litres of juice now (unmixed), hmm, should last a while :) :)

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Well I'm all set to start my Rixsta Pixstas juice line..(I make a dam good custard juice if I do say so myself, the wife loves it and will do anything for it...well almost anything :?:)

Custards are my favorite! I'd do what I'd do for a Klondike bar for a good custard! ;)

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
You will find that once you start, you will never go back, for instance, the best custard juice, Isle of Custard, has a cult following, £25 for 100ml, which in todays retail market, isn't bad. I have recreated his juice, had a smile on my face, this cult following is just Capella Vanilla custard with a few others mixed, better not say any more..but it works out at £1 per 100ml.
Mother's milk, suicide bunny, expensive, uses three flavours mixed which I can recreate very easy, the list goes on..

It's great fun, it's something me and my wife do together, we come up with new flavours, some great, some down right awful. You control your juice to your liking and to your taste buds, you know what's going in it, how much flavouring you like, you can alter the vg pg ratio to suit different coils, same with the nic level, your not spending money every month, you always have juice to vape while others are steeping, I don't have to worry about how much I vape any more or think about putting an order in.. The list goes on, it is fantastic and so so much cheaper. If you decide to give it a whirl, I'm always here to help, it's really not that difficult.. I use "e juice me up" calculator which makes it super easy. I'm so angry at myself for the money I have spent on juice, what was I thinking, I should of done this a long time ago.. I have 8 litres of juice now, hmm, should last a while :) :)

You do make it sound so easy. Time is my issue but I'm really tired of juice expense so I'm certain this is the way to go I just need to order some supplies and jump in. I vape at 3mg and sometimes zero now so I'm all about the flavor. I've definitely learned what I like and don't so it's time. I just think of all the other pretties I could have if I wasn't spending a fortune on joose. Thanks Rixsta you may have just motivated me.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I got a new shiny! Thank you mailman! View attachment 475661

I really like this! But, I have yet to move on to any mods that require an external battery. They kinda scare me. I LOVE the looks of them though, so I really, really want to try one!

Reactions: Kprthevapr

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL

It's great fun, it's something me and my wife do together, we come up with new flavours, some great, some down right awful. You control your juice to your liking and to your taste buds, you know what's going in it, how much flavouring you like, you can alter the vg pg ratio to suit different coils, same with the nic level, your not spending money every month, you always have juice to vape while others are steeping, I don't have to worry about how much I vape any more or think about putting an order in.. The list goes on, it is fantastic and so so much cheaper. If you decide to give it a whirl, I'm always here to help, it's really not that difficult.. I use "e juice me up" calculator which makes it super easy. I'm so angry at myself for the money I have spent on juice, what was I thinking, I should of done this a long time ago.. I have 8 litres of juice now (unmixed), hmm, should last a while :) :)

The DIY stuff is making me more and more interested in trying it. If you don't mind my asking, how much were your "start-up" costs to get the basics for what you need for DIY?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
You do make it sound so easy. Time is my issue but I'm really tired of juice expense so I'm certain this is the way to go I just need to order some supplies and jump in. I vape at 3mg and sometimes zero now so I'm all about the flavor. I've definitely learned what I like and don't so it's time. I just think of all the other pretties I could have if I wasn't spending a fortune on joose. Thanks Rixsta you may have just motivated me.

It takes 5 minutes to make 100ml, I will post a screen shot soon that should help...sorry for the slight off topic btw x

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
I really like this! But, I have yet to move on to any mods that require an external battery. They kinda scare me. I LOVE the looks of them though, so I really, really want to try one!

It's not as scary as you think. The most important thing is buying reputable batteries and you can always start with a regulated device. Lots of inexpensive devices use external batteries and have the protections you need to get comfortable. An accessible battery charger and you'll love it.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
It's not as scary as you think. The most important thing is buying reputable batteries and you can always start with a regulated device. Lots of inexpensive devices use external batteries and have the protections you need to get comfortable. An accessible battery charger and you'll love it.

I don't think I realized that you can get regulated mods with external batteries? Or is that like the KBox? I get confused once we get beyond egos, spinners and box mods with internal batteries! SO much to learn! It does seem like once you've invested in the batteries and the charger, you could interchange those with a lot of different mods? Am I correct in that thinking?

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
The DIY stuff is making me more and more interested in trying it. If you don't mind my asking, how much were your "start-up" costs to get the basics for what you need for DIY?
Basic start up including nicotine can vary. My suggestion is buy PG/VG in bulk, it's cheaper and you won't have to reorder as often. PG/VG will run about $25/gallon. Nicotine prices vary on strength. Shop around for flavors they can get expensive, but worth it in the end product.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I don't think I realized that you can get regulated mods with external batteries? Or is that like the KBox? I get confused once we get beyond egos, spinners and box mods with internal batteries! SO much to learn! It does seem like once you've invested in the batteries and the charger, you could interchange those with a lot of different mods? Am I correct in that thinking?
Yes ma'am you can use the batteries in different mods. That's the point of having removable batteries so you can use them in other mods. I don't use anything regulated anymore.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Basic start up including nicotine can vary. My suggestion is buy PG/VG in bulk, it's cheaper and you won't have to reorder as often. PG/VG will run about $25/gallon. Nicotine prices vary on strength. Shop around for flavors they can get expensive, but worth it in the end product.

How many different flavorings do you need to buy to get started. (And sorry I keep talking off-topic). I know that some flavors take multiple flavorings to make. Or did you just wait until you knew your favorite flavor profiles and just purchased what you would need for those?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

PG - $3.95/16oz
VG - $3.97/16oz
Nicotine (100mg/ml) - $10/120ml (but I buy the "throat hit nicotine" which is really cheap -- normal price is about 50% higher)
Flavors - all over the place, but you can find 8/10/13 ml bottles for around $1.50-$2.50

I use an expensive strawberry flavoring (Inawera Shisha Strawberry) and I also still use a little WTA, but even with 3% WTA and that expensive strawberry, mine is around .12/ml to make -- once I'm done with the WTA, it will drop to about .08/ml.

bullcityvapor.com is my favorite flavor vendor; they show very clearly which flavors have any type of diketones -- if they know, and they make an effort to find out. Wizard Labs has 8ml vials of flavors, so you can try out a lot without going broke; ecigexpress.com also has a lot of flavors (their "Signature" line is the same as TFA) and fairly decent prices.

Andria

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Ok, from the top (left hand side of the calculator

My nicotine is VG based, you can get PG based, it is 7.2% or 72mg which is the strongest you can get in the UK
I want my nic level when mixed to be 3mg
I am making 100ml
I add my flavours, they add up to 15% which is average and what I prefer, all my flavours are PG based
My target end ratio is 70VG 30PG
Hit calculate
Of course you can change the quantity to what you like, 20ml, 30ml and it will work it out for you..

The right side of the calculator is the amount in ml
Add them one buy one, starting at the top into a 100ml bottle, I use a 5ml syringe and a 100ml one
Shake
Steep
Done
Simple..

You can make little 5ml test batches when you start to see what works best for you.

Hope that helps :)

24y71h1.png

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
How many different flavorings do you need to buy to get started. (And sorry I keep talking off-topic). I know that some flavors take multiple flavorings to make. Or did you just wait until you knew your favorite flavor profiles and just purchased what you would need for those?
Buy the flavours you like, you can use them on their own to start with or play around with the flavours, like strawberry, you could buy some cream and add that, peach and pineapple, it's down to your personal tastes, just start off simple at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread