AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
PG - $3.95/16oz
VG - $3.97/16oz
Nicotine (100mg/ml) - $10/120ml (but I buy the "throat hit nicotine" which is really cheap -- normal price is about 50% higher)
Flavors - all over the place, but you can find 8/10/13 ml bottles for around $1.50-$2.50

I use an expensive strawberry flavoring (Inawera Shisha Strawberry) and I also still use a little WTA, but even with 3% WTA and that expensive strawberry, mine is around .12/ml to make -- once I'm done with the WTA, it will drop to about .08/ml.

bullcityvapor.com is my favorite flavor vendor; they show very clearly which flavors have any type of diketones -- if they know, and they make an effort to find out. Wizard Labs has 8ml vials of flavors, so you can try out a lot without going broke; ecigexpress.com also has a lot of flavors (their "Signature" line is the same as TFA) and fairly decent prices.

Andria

Thanks for that info, Andria! Not ready to start yet, but really getting excited after reading info from you, @Kprthevapr and @Rixsta. Thanks, all! Soon I hope to be chatting right along with you guys knowing what I'm talking about. LOL

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Ok, from the top (left hand side of the calculator

My nicotine is VG based, you can get PG based, it is 7.2% or 72mg which is the strongest you can get in the UK
I want my nic level when mixed to be 3mg
I am making 100ml
I add my flavours, they add up to 15% which is average and what I prefer, all my flavours are PG based
My target end ratio is 70VG 30PG
Hit calculate
Of course you can change the quantity to what you like, 20ml, 30ml and it will work it out for you..

The right side of the calculator is the amount in ml
Add them one buy one, starting at the top into a 100ml bottle, I use a 5ml syringe and a 100ml one
Shake
Steep
Done
Simple..

You can make little 5ml test batches when you start to see what works best for you.

Hope that helps :)

24y71h1.png

Thanks Rixsta this will be my next project. My husband the mad chemists will have a blast doing this (I've officially found a new use for him) LOL.....I'll get the supplies, pick the flavor profiles and put him to mixing and measuring. Of course I'll need some decorative bottle to put them in. Bless Your Heart (yes I'm a southern girl in Vegas) sparkly bling bottles for my signature blend no need for labels.

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Of course I'll need some decorative bottle to put them in. Bless Your Heart (yes I'm a southern girl in Vegas) sparkly bling bottles for my signature blend no need for labels.

Oh my god, what have I done :p

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
That's exactly what the hubby will ask....I can see it now.
ATR Blinged Bottles to match my mods to my joose.

I'll deny everything, someone hacked my account :rolleyes:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for that info, Andria! Not ready to start yet, but really getting excited after reading info from you, @Kprthevapr and @Rixsta. Thanks, all! Soon I hope to be chatting right along with you guys knowing what I'm talking about. LOL

I forgot to add -- syringes and bottles. I get all that crap at Amazon, Wizard Labs for 1ml syringes. I get the 10ml and 3ml syringes in 10-pks at Amazon; the 3ml get the most use, but the 1ml are good for very small quantities, because they measure .xx ml amounts.

Andria

Reactions: AllElseFailed

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
I forgot to add -- syringes and bottles. I get all that crap at Amazon, Wizard Labs for 1ml syringes. I get the 10ml and 3ml syringes in 10-pks at Amazon; the 3ml get the most use, but the 1ml are good for very small quantities, because they measure .xx ml amounts.

Andria
I actually have a lot of blunt needle nosed bottles and a bunch of 5ml syringes. I got a 10 pack of the bottles for under 2 bucks at Fasttech and the syringes for .25 each at Bootleg Vapors. I like supporting US companies, so try to but sometimes Fasttech's prices are just too good.

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Some one.... please post pictures.... :cry:

I'm broker than an egg squished by an elephant and need to live vicariously through y'all! :drool:

I'll even accept DIY pron as I want to start DIY so bad but can't afford a set up yet! :blush:

Bring it on! :pop::pop::pop:

Otherwise I'm gonna start posting pictures of all the things I want off Fasttech! :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Some one.... please post pictures.... :cry:

I'm broker than an egg squished by an elephant and need to live vicariously through y'all! :drool:

I'll even accept DIY pron as I want to start DIY so bad but can't afford a set up yet! :blush:

Bring it on! :pop::pop::pop:

Otherwise I'm gonna start posting pictures of all the things I want off Fasttech! :)
image.jpg

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I'd love to share the new charm I made...but...
Now you're just being mean... :cry:

Or lazy... :rolleyes::lol:

Lol, I never could get into charms. The whole flappin' in the wind every time I moved thing bugs me. And my knuckles get sore...

But I still think they're pretty!
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I see a Derringer and a Bambino if I'm not mistaken. On SMPLs?

I need a mech... but I is still scared I gonna blow meself up...

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Now you're just being mean... :cry:

Or lazy... :rolleyes::lol:

Lol, I never could get into charms. The whole flappin' in the wind every time I moved thing bugs me. And my knuckles get sore...

But I still think they're pretty!

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I see a Derringer and a Bambino if I'm not mistaken. On SMPLs?

I need a mech... but I is still scared I gonna blow meself up...
Yes ma'am you are correct!
Don't be skeered! It's really not as hard as the guys would like you to believe lol.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Ok, this is a girly/pretty/etc. thread. I was wondering what you guys think about the phiniac glass juice bottles. Among my planned purchases, DIY is top of the list. I realize it's a bit expensive, but I'm thinking about getting some custom engraved for different juices. Anybody order these before? They look gorgeous.
thumb_pink-jar_0.jpg

thumb_clear-juice-bottles.jpg

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Yes ma'am you are correct!
Don't be skeered! It's really not as hard as the guys would like you to believe lol.
I do want a Bambino as I love my Derringer. I just don't like it with that uber short tip. Too much juice in my mouth. I think I've posted a pic of my Derringer set up before, if not, let me know and I will.

As for the mechs, I'm a big wuss. Although, sometimes, not the smartest wuss. I have been known to do incredibly dumb things simply from inattention or not care syndrome and almost blow myself up/ set something on fire/ crash a vehicle/ etc.

It's not like I'm trying to tempt the vape gods here, let's not give them any cannon fodder.
^^^ those ones. Much prettyness!

Personally, I don't like the idea of corks with joose.

And I will agree with the expensive part. I think those only come in 15mls and 30mls?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You will find that once you start, you will never go back, for instance, the best custard juice, Isle of Custard, has a cult following, £25 for 100ml, which in todays retail market, isn't bad. I have recreated his juice, had a smile on my face, this cult following is just Capella Vanilla custard with a few others mixed, better not say any more..but it works out at £1 per 100ml.
Mother's milk, suicide bunny, expensive, uses three flavours mixed which I can recreate very easy, the list goes on..

It's great fun, it's something me and my wife do together, we come up with new flavours, some great, some down right awful. You control your juice to your liking and to your taste buds, you know what's going in it, how much flavouring you like, you can alter the vg pg ratio to suit different coils, same with the nic level, your not spending money every month, you always have juice to vape while others are steeping, I don't have to worry about how much I vape any more or think about putting an order in.. The list goes on, it is fantastic and so so much cheaper. If you decide to give it a whirl, I'm always here to help, it's really not that difficult.. I use "e juice me up" calculator which makes it super easy. I'm so angry at myself for the money I have spent on juice, what was I thinking, I should of done this a long time ago.. I have 8 litres of juice now (unmixed), hmm, should last a while :) :)

You make it almost sound tempting, Rixsa-Rix. I also tried my hand at DIY and I can say unequivocally that the e juice me up calculator is a DIYer's best bud. It works, and works well. I don't DIY at this point, but I'd follow Rixsta's techniques and advice any day.

I really like this! But, I have yet to move on to any mods that require an external battery. They kinda scare me. I LOVE the looks of them though, so I really, really want to try one!

What scares you, AllElse?

I don't think I realized that you can get regulated mods with external batteries? Or is that like the KBox? I get confused once we get beyond egos, spinners and box mods with internal batteries! SO much to learn! It does seem like once you've invested in the batteries and the charger, you could interchange those with a lot of different mods? Am I correct in that thinking?

Most of my devices are regulated and have user replaceable batts. It's definitely pastable!! And yes, you can use your external batts in a variety of mods.

Thanks Rixsta this will be my next project. My husband the mad chemists will have a blast doing this (I've officially found a new use for him) LOL.....I'll get the supplies, pick the flavor profiles and put him to mixing and measuring. Of course I'll need some decorative bottle to put them in. Bless Your Heart (yes I'm a southern girl in Vegas) sparkly bling bottles for my signature blend no need for labels.

Ok, this is a girly/pretty/etc. thread. I was wondering what you guys think about the phiniac glass juice bottles. Among my planned purchases, DIY is top of the list. I realize it's a bit expensive, but I'm thinking about getting some custom engraved for different juices. Anybody order these before? They look gorgeous.
thumb_pink-jar_0.jpg

thumb_clear-juice-bottles.jpg

ATR, these botts that yuseff pictured are gorgeous. I happen to think Phiniac's work is extraordinary. The pinnacle of talent there. Another alternative to etched bottles are decaled bottles. Bedazzle is the go-to for those. Also beautiful work!

Phiniac is now doing etched MODS. Yes, MODS.

My little sparkling hummingbird babe.

coolfire collage.jpg

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Oohhhh I love those KD. Hummingbirds are my fav I've had a nest in my tree by the front door 5yrs in a row. I'm seriously thinking about DIY juice and dreaming up some decorative bottles to match my Mod of the day. I'll be thinking for sure.
Blinga Bling Bling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread