Too soon? ;)

2014-11-04 18.58.22 (Small).jpg

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
You make it almost sound tempting, Rixtsa-Rix. I also tried my hand at DIY and I can say unequivocally that the e juice me up calculator is a DIYer's best bud. It works, and works well. I don't DIY at this point, but I'd follow Rixsta's techniques and advice any day.
Thanks KD, can I ask why your not DIY'ing at the moment and did you manage to make some tasty juice when you did..

A little something for our new found friendship for you to try someday which is sooooooo nice....

Capella Vanilla Custard 6%
TPA Strawberry Ripe 4%
TPA Cotton Candy 2%
TPA Bararian Cream 3%
TPA Marshmellow 3%
TPA Sweet Cream 2%

Thats a 20% flavour which is slightly higher but designed for the tootle puffer in mind..

This one is called Betty Boops Strawberry Milkshake

2u763jp.gif

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Thanks KD, can I ask why your not DIY'ing at the moment and did you manage to make some tasty juice when you did..

A little something for our new found friendship for you to try someday which is sooooooo nice....

Capella Vanilla Custard 6%
TPA Strawberry Ripe 4%
TPA Cotton Candy 2%
TPA Bararian Cream 3%
TPA Marshmellow 3%
TPA Sweet Cream 2%

Thats a 20% flavour which is slightly higher but designed for the tootle puffer in mind..

This one is called Betty Boops Strawberry Milkshake

2u763jp.gif

Now that definitely needs a signature bottle. Sounds delish.

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I don't think I realized that you can get regulated mods with external batteries? Or is that like the KBox? I get confused once we get beyond egos, spinners and box mods with internal batteries! SO much to learn! It does seem like once you've invested in the batteries and the charger, you could interchange those with a lot of different mods? Am I correct in that thinking?

Just be careful. Depending on the mod, if you need to have paired (parallel) batteries, you should "marry" the batteries and keep them together in the same mod, charge them together, etc. This is true of many higher wattage, dual battery, regulated mods. I don't think it is a mandate, but safety concerns recommend it.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
You make it almost sound tempting, Rixsa-Rix. I also tried my hand at DIY and I can say unequivocally that the e juice me up calculator is a DIYer's best bud. It works, and works well. I don't DIY at this point, but I'd follow Rixsta's techniques and advice any day.

What scares you, AllElse?

The unregulated aspect of it all. I really don't want to blow myself up!

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Just be careful. Depending on the mod, if you need to have paired (parallel) batteries, you should "marry" the batteries and keep them together in the same mod, charge them together, etc. This is true of many higher wattage, dual battery, regulated mods. I don't think it is a mandate, but safety concerns recommend it.

This is true for any series cell mod, and it is mandated with them due to series basically being stacking of cells. If they are not paired and also rotated as to position of the cell every time they are changed it puts too much stress on one cell only and can cause problems.

However if a mod uses dual parallel cells, while you can marry the cells it isn't important that you do.

Basic break down series gives you double voltage, parallel gives you doubled mah.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
This is true for any series cell mod, and it is mandated with them due to series basically being stacking of cells. If they are not paired and also rotated as to position of the cell every time they are changed it puts too much stress on one cell only and can cause problems.

However if a mod uses dual parallel cells, while you can marry the cells it isn't important that you do.

Basic break down series gives you double voltage, parallel gives you doubled mah.

And it's posts like this that make me scared of mods with external batteries! AHH!

Reactions: aikanae1

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
And it's posts like this that make me scared of mods with external batteries! AHH!

There is no reason to be scared of them, and really there is no reason to have to get a dual cell mod at all. I have been using mods with external cells since my 2nd month vaping (we didn't have many options back then), and with everything I have used I have only ever owned 1 dual cell mod.

Back before vv, stacking cells had it's place. Some of the old timers still like the vape they get from stacking, but it really isn't needed at all anymore, you can get more voltage now by just pressing a button all while using a single cell.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
No need to be scared. I just wanted to clarify that although you can use the batteries with any mod, you might not want to use any mod with every battery. It just takes some planning, and knowledge. If you stick to single 18650 battery mods, there isn't an issue.

NancyR

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I think I would be less scared if I researched more. All this "marrying cells" and "stacking cells" sounds too unfamiliar to me...that's probably the biggest part of the issue.

As I said in my second post, you don't need to use a dual cell mod, I for one don't like dual cell mods as I have small hands and dislike the size factor of bigger box mods.

For me the advantage of external cells is simply that I can not afford to be replacing devices often. With the mech mods, which is most of what I use, I don't have to worry about it, when/if a cell dies I spend $10 getting a new one vers spending the cost of getting a new mod.

Some VV/VW mods will last as well (just so long as not in my hands), but also the costs of mods has come down. Anyone who has been vaping for a while can tell you, it use to be if you spent under $50 on a mod, it was junk.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
As I said in my second post, you don't need to use a dual cell mod, I for one don't like dual cell mods as I have small hands and dislike the size factor of bigger box mods.

For me the advantage of external cells is simply that I can not afford to be replacing devices often. With the mech mods, which is most of what I use, I don't have to worry about it, when/if a cell dies I spend $10 getting a new one vers spending the cost of getting a new mod.

Some VV/VW mods will last as well (just so long as not in my hands), but also the costs of mods has come down. Anyone who has been vaping for a while can tell you, it use to be if you spent under $50 on a mod, it was junk.

Well, that does make me kinda happy that I waited until now to start! I'm so glad that there are single cell mods. That's exactly what I would start with. Good to know..thanks! There are so many awesome looking mech mods out there!

Reactions: aikanae1

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Looks like the etched bottles are a go. I think I'll order a couple for me and a couple for my wife. This way she won't "accidentally" grab my bottle of bananas foster before I leave for work ;). @faeriekitsune and @Katdarling, those bottles are anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks each for the 30 ml. I don't think I'm going to get the 60 ml version; not liking the corks either. I'll update when I get these in my hands..... still narrowing down which designs for em lol.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So I was just about to buy some 100ml bottles for my juice when I thought, der, you already have 12 x 100ml baby bottles.. Perfect !

apjv3s.jpg
14xgxvn.jpg

It will be a nice orange colour when it's steeped. 11 days to go :(
For once a man being resourceful woohoo

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
So I was just about to buy some 100ml bottles for my juice when I thought, der, you already have 12 x 100ml baby bottles.. Perfect !
For once a man being resourceful woohoo

Great idea! Makes me wish my kids were still babies!

Never mind, no it doesn't. ;)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Great idea! Makes me wish my kids were still babies!

Never mind, no it doesn't. ;)

Eegads, the baby years again? No! :facepalm:

But I sure do miss my "little guy"... when he was about 9-13 or so... really fun kid.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread