Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was thinking about all the junk Ive amassed since getting into this vaping way of life.

Im constantly finding weird objects and tools. I find myself jumping like a girl that got given " the Ring"
when I find a drill bit or pair of pliers....

I thought it would be fun for some of the other fellow tool enthusiasts to share things that make your rebuilding or mod maintenance easier.

This is just a taste of some of the tools I NEED.

tools%20-001-000_zpsravoygft.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I remember what its for, its basically and expensive cocktail stir stick, Swizzle Stick ?. Its used in labs to stir liquids and chemicals etc.

I use it for some of my mods that have a screw that has to be loosened from the inside and since some tubes are longish I use it as a flat head screw driver. I also use the round one on my GP X to adjust one of the screws gently.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

I guess I should list some of the things .

left to right, large tweezers, then some nylon brushes for cleaning coils, curved pliers for removing c-clips from some switches and holding wire.
Various tweezers, more brushes , these made of stainless steel. Then a dental pick for oring removal and what not, and the spatula thing. Now I remember, thats not a surgical instrument, its a ss stir stick . I thought it was something else.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I guess I should list some of the things .

... and the spatula thing. Now I remember, thats not a surgical instrument, its a ss stir stick . I thought it was something else.

No, I think you were close. The flat is for transferring powdered chemicals, to a scale for example.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'd have to say out of everything I use a mini Coleman torch gets the most use.

I will have to take a look at those. I bought a real cheapie from ebay over 2 years ago, it recently stopped working. I got 2 new ones but they changed the way you turn them on and I cant get them to flame.

Ive been using one of those big blue semi disposable propane tanks that a contractor left. It works great, but a bit cumbersome and sometimes too hot...

RAINCITYKILLER

Sep 30, 2015
I will have to take a look at those. I bought a real cheapie from ebay over 2 years ago, it recently stopped working. I got 2 new ones but they changed the way you turn them on and I cant get them to flame.

Ive been using one of those big blue semi disposable propane tanks that a contractor left. It works great, but a bit cumbersome and sometimes too hot...
I have a larger one also but that doesn't like small gauge wire. The Coleman one I have doesn't like to ignite so I usually have to do it with a lighter. They are refillable though so there's always that.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
No picture I'm afraid, I don't like to share my amazing coil building secrets, but I will give a clue...

You might use it to drive screws.
Oh, and another item...
You might use this to clip nails.

Shhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone.

LOL, made me think of this weird clip from a weird show I love.

Reactions: DoubleEwe

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
3inchvise.jpg

My 3" vise, less than $30 at Harbor Freight. My husband mounted it to a short length of 2x12 2x6! (I don't know much about board measurements!) for me, so I don't gouge my kitchen counter. As soon as I got this, coil mounting got 500% easier, not having to chase the stupid thing around the countertop. Mounting it while it's attached to my Omnitester is no solution, because the Omnitester isn't very heavy, I'd have to chase THAT around the countertop.

Andria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread