Sick, Sick SICK of cartos/clearos/tanks/Ce2s etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
*ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHH!!!*:evil:I am SO TIRED of feeling flustered over trying to get a good CONSISTANT vape. Either Im wasting juice filling and REFILLING cartomizers, alternating between dry burnt hits :blink: and flooding on the clearos, leaking carto tanks, juice spilling all over everything....yadda yadda yadda. There has GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!

**(PAUSE FOR DEEP BREATH/DRAMATIC EFFECT.)**

Had to vent. I feel better now.:oops:

Ok....The question is: Whats out there that I dont have to use a carto for? Any -->durable<---- mods? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Caelius Felix

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Austin, Texas
There are few things worse than filling up a carto with a ml or two of juice and then having to throw it all away when the thing doesn't vape well. I used to love my Leos because of the huge, 4 ml cartos, but got tired of having to pitch so much juice when one out of three or four simply didn't work. Quality control of cartos isn't very good, in my experience. Since I don't like the hassle of dripping and use thick juices that don't work well in a tank, my personal solution has been to stick with regular-size cartos so that at least I don't waste as much juice when I get a dud. I have to top them up every ten minutes but it sure beats three or four good hits at a time when dripping. If you find a better solution, please share it with the rest of us. You are not alone in being frustrated by inconsistency.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have a bottom feeder....I have (several, actually) a REO and it's absolutely WONDERFUL! It's like dripping on an atomizer all day long. You should visit the Reos mods forum and just introduce yourself and do some reading. I spent the first 10 months of vaping using various cartomizers and atomizers with a Joye 510 setup, eGo setups, Riva setups, etc. Once I discovered the REO, it was all over....I haven't owned anything else since.

The best part, really....besides how darned convenient they are....is the fact that every single hit is like I dripped onto an atty. I don't want to just gush, but I'm telling you....this is the way to go. There are several sizes, and Rob's in the process of building a variable voltage REO that should be released within a week or so. I have a REO Grand that holds 6ml of juice at a time, and uses an 18650 battery that lasts for hours and hours and hours (1600 mAh.) There are also REO Mini's that hold 3ml of juice and run on a 14500 battery. Then there's one in between....

Just visit the reos mods forum and see for yourself. Ask questions. Talk to the folks.

Jan

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/

Last edited:

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thx for the info, JC Okie.:) Erictho- how funny. I just finished reading a thread you posted when you got your first bottom feeder. Did you wind up being comfortable with it? Do you use cartos at all anymore? I am waffling between just buying a @#*&ton more vision stones and sticking with those......or getting a bottom feeder.

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
Bottom feeders! They were built for consistent, fiddle-free vaping. Use with atty or carto. Fill a feeder bottle in the morning and vape all day without hastle. Hey, btw, did you see the VVPV review in the review section? This looks like a very interesting top feeder... looks real easy to use too. I'm getting very interested in it myself. Gonna wait for a bit though to see how reliable it is.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Bottom feeders! They were built for consistent, fiddle-free vaping. Use with atty or carto. Fill a feeder bottle in the morning and vape all day without hastle. Hey, btw, did you see the VVPV review in the review section? This looks like a very interesting top feeder... looks real easy to use too. I'm getting very interested in it myself. Gonna wait for a bit though to see how reliable it is.

LordDavon did a review of a demo version, he really liked it

John1952

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
United States
I heard about these juice-less devices that don't use cartos. You can buy 'em in a pack of 20. They only cost about $6-$10 a pack. You don't even have to charge 'em.

But they require a special "lighter," but that's just a minor inconvenience. Once you start sucking, they get hotter and hotter. And smaller and smaller. But -- get this! They are designed to remind you of when you should stop! That's right. After you've sucked on it for a while, they just stop working. Then, it's just a minor inconvenience to dispose of the little end piece.

Some say they really stink, but if you use them you won't even notice the smell. Right now, they aren't available in many flavors, but that could change as they get more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread