Sick, Sick SICK of cartos/clearos/tanks/Ce2s etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMixtress

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My Vision Stone tank V2 leaked like crazy, gurgled, and added the wonderful juice in the mouth experience. When it actually worked it was AMAZING. I gave up on it, not worth the hassle and I'm a CE2/Fluxomizer fan. I did everything right. Filled the tank to the midway point, blew it out before using, and it still had major problems. I'm hoping the manufacturers solved these problems with Version 3 !!

Thats never fun! I tried the Fluxos a few times but they just didnt last. I think what I like about the Stone is that I KNOW it will work.There are so many different variables, too, that affect how a carto or ce2 vapes...Juice viscosity, voltage etc... If they work out some of those kinks- the thing would be freakin perfect.... ( I'm happy enough with it now....I just placed a large order of them the other day- than I checked my vendors site- and she has marked them HALF OFF on clearance to get ready for the III's! I was miffed. lol) oh well. They will do until I cave and buy a bottom feeder!

I guess what it all boils down to is that we're all here watching anxiously for something better>>>:pop:<<<

If I find it, I'll no doubt be screaming from the mountaintops- or the latest hot ECF thread.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I'm in the same boat recently. I've tried every carto known to man and none of them have ever been that great. I've tried dual coils, triple coils, boge, smoketech, kanger, ikenvape, MKIII (the svr cartos), etc. I have an M1A1 from notcigs too, and while that's a HUGE improvement over having to top off every half hour it's still not perfect. The functionality of the tank rests in the hands of the carto. I'm sick of cartos deciding to randomly leak for no reason whatsoever, tighten up, get burnt, etc. No two cartos ever work the same. The quality control on them is aggravatingly terrible.

It's funny to see this thread though, this is exactly the way I've been feeling this week. I'm just at wits end trying to make it work consistently. I love the hell outta my buzz but everything I attach to it seems to be meh in some way shape or form.

I think my next move is gunna be trying some of the CE style or the stone tanks. That's the one thing I haven't tried yet and I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised but I've learned not to expect a lot.

I've also been eyeing the new surge tank too.. maybe attys are the way to go in the end. My only experience with attys was on my ego when I first started vaping and wasn't impressed. Maybe a year later it's time to revisit them.

Are there any atty's out there that perform decently and don't have a tight draw?? I can't really deal with anything tighter than boges and I remember that was one of the primary reasons I never gave them another try. Drawing on something tight all day makes my neck hurt.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
........ have you tried the vision stone? i'm pretty tempted to even just try one, but i had such variable luck with the ce2s. though when they worked i liked them.

I recommend trying the ce4 stardust first. Imo, these are the best design so far. You can still get a dry hit if your juice is low and you don't tilt it enough for the juice to come up to the wick. I'm used to tilting down and back up even when the juice is full (habit developed from ce2s lol), so it's not a problem for me. Flavor is very close to dripping imo. I plan on repairing mine, so each one should last me for a while.

Repairing atomizer CE4 LeakLess/

Edit: If you decide to try these and don't have an ego type connection, be sure and pick up a 510 to ego adapter. I have the one from gotvapes so I can use the stardust on my bolt.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Edit: If you decide to try these and don't have an ego type connection, be sure and pick up a 510 to ego adapter. I have the one from gotvapes so I can use the stardust on my bolt.

The Star Dust doesn't actually use the eGo threads, it uses the 510 threads, however the skirt that comes down to cover the eGo threads will not work on some batteries that do not have the extended part for the eGo threads. A 510 to 510 adapter (sometimes 2) is all that is usually required.

Edit : 510 to 510 adapter (typo 501)
AFAIK

Last edited:

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
I've had my share of trials and tribulations in the last month, mostly due to using vg only. I've received lots of good advice and suggestions so I can only say what seems to be currently working for me.
The Resurrectors from CCV have come to be my favorite and I even use them in my DCT. (of course I have to punch the holes bigger but it works out) I was getting frustrated w/ the Boge 2.0 LR as I thought the draw was too airy and even now when I switch from a Resurrector to a Boge, it still is airy but I've come to appreciate them more - Just need to take longer, slower draws.
Just started using a Stardust (and couldn't find the Stones on GotVapes unless they're named s/thing else) and my personal opinion of it is that it's a tight draw... like s/one described the Boge to be... but that might be due to the juice. Idk. Still, it seems to wick decently and there's a good, warm vape if you draw on it twice.

Btw... these experiences have been on a kGo. Recently just tried a Go-go and while I didn't much care for the colored carts you can buy w/ it, I do like the DC 3.5ml clear cartos for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread