Status
Not open for further replies.

mick8844

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
tuscola, Il
acollaro,

I think you are sensitive to PG. You said earlier that you were going to 50/50 from 70/30 that is a start but I would take it a bit further. I think that you will find the higher the VG the better you feel do to sensitivity to PG. And by the way you will not get more flavor with higher vg amount. The higher the vg the more muted the flavor the higher the pg the more flavor. but it is a compromize to say the least. You will however get a lot more vapor with higher vg so that is a plus.
peace
mick8844

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Calling me?? lol kidding. My health is much better than when I'm smoking, but still got cold sometimes along the way like once a month which I would feel much worse if I'm keep smoking ....

<chuckle> If I had remembered your name Sickkboy, I would have PM'ed you earlier :lol:

I used to have a Blu, and I did notice that using it made my head feel more congested than normal. I also got terrible heartburn from their carts (I think they're like 80% VG if I'm not mistaken, not sure though). I really couldn't tolerate it, and went back to smoking pretty quickly. I decided to give vaping another chance a week ago, and picked up a Vivi Nova & Evo setup, along with a 50/50 juice blend from a local store. This juice is far more tolerable, and I've already noticed that I don't feel as sick all the time. Have you considered weaning from 24mg down to 12 or 6?

I have been smoking for 20 years, I tried electronic cigarettes, and I was hooked. I had no problems for the first 3 months, then I got into it, 24/7 vaping. I got a jock itch infection, and it is terrible. I am not getting any better, I am taking like 15 different medications for the rash, and it will not go away. Along with the rash, I feel like I have the flu every day. Again, none of this started until I started heavly vaping daily. So I am going to have to quit for a week, and see what happens, i am positive that there is nothing else that can be causing this but vaping. I tried all VG juice for a day, and I didn't really notice anything different. Maybe I should i done it longer. I would not wish this rash on anyone, it feels like fire on my private parts. I am now having to stop vaping, and go back to marboro lights and see what happens. I feel like I have the worst flu, and it's not going away. After only 3 hours, of smoking marboros, I think I am already feeling better. I will let you know what happens.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
My kids are grown up, I'm retired now, and I avoid sick people whenever I can. Having said that, I've been vaping for 21 months and in that time, I got a pretty bad chest cold a few months after vaping. It lasted for about 2 or 3 weeks (can't remember now).

If you have little ones remember that they go to school or nursery school and absorb germs like a sponge to bring them home. Make sure you wash your little ones hands when they get home and also wash your hands throughout the day.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Smoking robs your body of Vitamin C (a dos told me that way back). I was always taking Ester C to combat strep and bronchitis, plus the regular cold stuff from my kids.
When I quit and switched to vaping in January, I upped my C cause I figured my body was going to go through a major cleaning cycle with all the crud from cigs making their way out. I was also tracking flu outbreaks because I hadn't had that for ages........yep, sheer paranoia!

I don't now if our bodies start to re-assimilate C the way they did BEFORE we started smoking, or if it's a process. IDK. I was vaping 70/30 pg/vg when I started, went to 50/50, and for the last 3 months have only vaped AiV, no special PG/VG requested, just what their Mad Hatter and the Mushroom Lab believe is the best percentage for their juices.

Was introduced to Ester C by one of the developers in the early 90's. I was at work feeling the dread strep come on. He GAVE me 2 jumbo bottles of 1000ml capsules. The stuff was kicked out of my system in 24 hours. And I rarely got sick after that point, kids or not. It strengthens your immune system and because it is absorbed by white blood cells easily, it can provide far better round the clock immune defense. This is MY own experience, it has worked great for me.

As others have said, you may be experiencing PG/VG side effects.

Corvette6200: With the amount of meds your doc put you on, you'd think he'd know what was wrong. Did he take a scraping and take a look in the microscope? He could at least state whether it was a virus, bacterial infection, or an allergic reaction.......Just thinking aloud...hmmmm...

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have been smoking for 20 years, I tried electronic cigarettes, and I was hooked. I had no problems for the first 3 months, then I got into it, 24/7 vaping. I got a jock itch infection, and it is terrible. I am not getting any better, I am taking like 15 different medications for the rash, and it will not go away. Along with the rash, I feel like I have the flu every day. Again, none of this started until I started heavly vaping daily. So I am going to have to quit for a week, and see what happens, i am positive that there is nothing else that can be causing this but vaping. I tried all VG juice for a day, and I didn't really notice anything different. Maybe I should i done it longer. I would not wish this rash on anyone, it feels like fire on my private parts. I am now having to stop vaping, and go back to marboro lights and see what happens. I feel like I have the worst flu, and it's not going away. After only 3 hours, of smoking marboros, I think I am already feeling better. I will let you know what happens.

Sorry, but this is one of the funniest excuses I have heard to go back to smoking. If you were serious about being off of the stinkies for 3 months with no problems, I high doubt that vaping is what is causing your problem. Don't mean to make light of it, if you are serious, sounds like a trip to the clinic is in order.

OH, I see you have one post and are gone. surprise....no, not really.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Anyone notice themselves getting colds more often from vaping? And also them cold staying around longer. I used to never get sick and now that i've been vaping I seem to get the cold more often and for longer. I haven't been able to rule out my walking germ of a 4 yr old yet. A co worker told me about an article he read about vaping being able to carry more germs. I usually dont believe most of what I read from anti-vapers but just wanted to get your opinions.
I have had a cold exactly one time since I started vaping. And when I smoked a cold always gave way to broncitus. Not this time, felt miserable one night, took some asprin and vitamin c and was fine in the am.
PG is used in inhalation therapy, in hosp and inhalers. It actually fights against airborne properties. so what you are experiencing just may be your bodies way of getting rid of the gunk from smoking.
Hope you feel better soon.

:)

Corvette6200 what ratio of pg/vg are you vaping? If it's high in pg that could be the culprit. I had a bad rash from it and had to go to a 50/50 pg/vg mix which fixed the problem asap. Hope you get to feeling better.
My title was suppose to be Pain from vaping, not paid! lol
I have been vaping 100% VG, and it's not going away. I could be the only guy that is maybe being bothered by the VG or the
sweeteners that they use? I am not sure. But it's so weird, I am to the point now, where I can vape and the more I vape
I can feel the burning getting worse. Like a match is too my groin. And it's not getting better. I have to stop for like a week
and see what happens. But I must be crazy, cause I like to vape and I can't seem to stop for more then a day. I have
purchased about $200 in anti-fungal medicine, and it seems like they are starting to work, then I start to vape and it
just comes right back. I wish it was the PG, if it was I would just vape VG, but the only thing I have not tried, but I ordered
a bunch of PG eliquid, straight PG based, and see what happens.

I am not crazy, the reason I did not have any issues for the first 3 months, is I was using a simple c-twist with a protank, after that I got really into it, purchased a chi you, sub coil and really started vaping hard 24/7, that's when my problems started. My doctor did not take a microscope and get all into my skin cells, and take samples, lol. He said you have a fungus, don't know what caused it, but he gave me medicine for fungus, and that's what I have been taking for 1 month now. The rash starts to go away if I lighten up on the vape, as soon as I got back into it it just comes right back. I just ordered a bunch of just starght PG juice, no sweetener, and I will see what happens. I have seen another post of guys who had a rash on there arm, and it got worse and did not clear until they stopped vaping.

I got sick around the same time as usual (flu season). The only difference I've noticed is that since I've been vaping instead of smoking cigarettes this time is my cough is a lot less flemy. Other then that the only thing I've noticed is that when I have allergies it's harder to vape. Seems like every time I take a hit it makes me sneeze :p

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
For me, it's almost the opposite.
I've gotten a cold - almost - twice. But in the past, those colds would have lasted a week, and often progressed into bronchitis, knocking me out for longer.
Both times since I started vaping, I "fought off" the cold - missed no work, and was back to normal within 2 to 3 days.

Anyone notice themselves getting colds more often from vaping? And also them cold staying around longer. I used to never get sick and now that i've been vaping I seem to get the cold more often and for longer. I haven't been able to rule out my walking germ of a 4 yr old yet. A co worker told me about an article he read about vaping being able to carry more germs. I usually dont believe most of what I read from anti-vapers but just wanted to get your opinions.

Zippoz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2013
PNW
I have asthma, so I get a bad cold once in a while. But, I did have a particularly interesting experience. I got a really nasty cold that lasted for over 4 weeks, and for 2 of those weeks I didn't have a vaping setup because it got ran over by a bus. As soon as the protank and juice came in the mail, I started vaping. My cough went away in two days. I was amazed! Related? I'm not sure, but the last time I got a cold like that it didn't go away until I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics for the secondary respiratory infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread