Sigelei 100w+ chip read issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Syndra

Nov 30, 2014
USA
Hey guys, I don't know if any of you are having this same problem, but for the past few months my sigelei 100w+ has been giving me some problems. Doesn't matter what kind of build I put in it, the ohms on the chip always jump up and down. Recently I've been using 24ga 10 wrap dual coils and my reading (which should be .4 or .5 ohms), will shoot up to .7, .8, .9 etc. It's really bugging me considering the amount of Volts its pulling is killing my battery life, not to mention it's an extremely hot vape when the volts shoot up to 6.5... Anyone having similar issues or has anyone found a fix for this?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
is the rate fluctating while vaping?? if so that is normal, and a physical result of heating a metal wire.

If the rate is fluctuating with NO power applied, then you have an connection or contact issue.

You want better battery life REDUCE the AMPERAGE at which you are running. If you are feeding LOTS of juice to the ATTY, expect to be draining lots of juice from the battery.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Could be a weak 510 spring, loose wiring or a cracked solder joint.

My Sigelei 50W developed a similar issue, after one too many bad drops onto solid concrete preceded by dozens if not hundreds. I abused it pretty heavily, so I can't fault the device. Definitely an issue with the 510 connector in my case and something I could probably fix if I weren't being lazy about it.

Reactions: coilburner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread