Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I also looked at the minikin when I was hunting for a dual 18650 mod that had a different chip other than the DNA200 (ie: boxer DNA133). The minikin looks cheap, ALOT of plastic. Like I mentioned, wish the buttons on this thing was SS instead of plastic. Been using it for 2 days now, the dual 18650s really lasts a while. 2 days and some under TC 450F, 45W preheat 0.75secs, dual SS316L build at 0.25ohms.

Also, this thing does 2amp balanced charging via USB. The screen doesn't display the incoming amperage but it does charge relatively fast. I will still be using my xtar for charging but its a nice feature to have when you don't have a charger handy.

This mod feels really nice in the hand. Its like the lavabox and the vaporshark had an offspring that takes dual 18650 batteries.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I didn't know Sigelei or vapers in general had a spokesmen :/

How do you know what "doesn't matter to most vapers" or "most of whom couldn't care less about TFR"?

There are so many less expensive dual 18650 devices, what makes this device special.....TFR!

It's mostly common sense and it's partly reader data. TFR is an enthusiast feature that only matters to a subsection of vapers that use temperature control. TC users in general are a subsection of people that vape.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
i should have one of these in my mail today :) as far as TFR goes, i would be perfectly fine without it. 316L is the only TC wire i like to use and never have i thought to myself "this doesn't feel accurate enough, i wish i had TFR" with any of my other mods. and the whole preheat/ramp up thing isn't important to me either.

the main things that attracted me to this mod is it's size and weight for a dual 18650. there are others out there like the minikin, but i don't think it looks as nice and it does not do SS wire.

316 will be really accurate I'm sure, I imagine the presets use TFR behind the scenes.

Needs change, atomizers come with all types of wire, etc. Even if you don't need TFR or boost now you may in the future, and you will be set since the features are there if you need them.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
It's mostly common sense and it's partly reader data. TFR is an enthusiast feature that only matters to a subsection of vapers that use temperature control. TC users in general are a subsection of people that vape.
You stated it as fact when you (or I) have no idea how many vapers use TC and TFR is too new to know how many will or won't use it.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
You stated it as fact when you (or I) have no idea how many vapers use TC and TFR is too new to know how many will or won't use it.

Based on reader and store data I have access to, TC is certainly a minority. That should already be common sense. It's fair to extrapolate that TFR only appeals to a small percentage of TC users. Again, it's a great feature, but is should be plainly obvious that it only appeals to a subsection of enthusiast vapers.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Is the black matte or metallic like the silver? It looks metallic in your pic.

Oh agreed. I should have the 213w at my house in a matter of hours. Because I love features. But I also understand that I won't use everything. I am kind of bad about that I buy a lot of things that I get the most featured filled version, knowing that I won't use most of it, based solely under the idea that it is better to have and not use than it is to want to use and not have.

i should have one of these in my mail today :) as far as TFR goes, i would be perfectly fine without it. 316L is the only TC wire i like to use and never have i thought to myself "this doesn't feel accurate enough, i wish i had TFR" with any of my other mods. and the whole preheat/ramp up thing isn't important to me either.

the main things that attracted me to this mod is it's size and weight for a dual 18650. there are others out there like the minikin, but i don't think it looks as nice and it does not do SS wire.

Let us know when you receive the mod. I'm still rather curious to the button materials. Yes I am stuck on a minor detail b/c I am OCD.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016

You do know that even with the growing enthusiast vaping industry 70%ish of most of the money spent last year in vaping is on over the counter cigalike products right? Enthusiasts (people who by tanks and mods) is already a niche, then people who will TC at all with be a subset of that, then people who do rebuildables a subset of that. and then people who TC with newer and different coils that either have to adjust to get working or desire to adjust to get it perfect is an even smaller niche. TFR is pretty far down on the feature list for making the device worth it. Build quality, feel, weight, and looks will drive most of the sales.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Good to see the positive impressions so far, and look forward to reading more as more people get them. It's on my definite buy list, but I want to wait for the gold version. If Sig makes it look like brass, it could be attractive. On the other hand, a bright, shinny gold would push me to the gunmetal version.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
You do know that even with the growing enthusiast vaping industry 70%ish of most of the money spent last year in vaping is on over the counter cigalike products right? Enthusiasts (people who by tanks and mods) is already a niche, then people who will TC at all with be a subset of that, then people who do rebuildables a subset of that. and then people who TC with newer and different coils that either have to adjust to get working or desire to adjust to get it perfect is an even smaller niche. TFR is pretty far down on the feature list for making the device worth it. Build quality, feel, weight, and looks will drive most of the sales.

Where are you getting these numbers? Are you speaking worldwide or in the US?

The Cuboid is built well, has equal power, and is small as well. It's less than half the price. I don't see the 213 being a bit more attractive being worth double the money. What makes it worth more is the features in my opinion.

Loads of people buy devices for the features they have, even though they won't use half of the features or power. They are buying because it's more future proof.

Why did Sigelei go through the trouble of including it if so few will use it?

If this device had 100W and basic ti/ni temperature control would you pay $90 for it?

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
Let us know when you receive the mod. I'm still rather curious to the button materials. Yes I am stuck on a minor detail b/c I am OCD.

just got mine about half an hour ago. the buttons ARE plastic. :( that is sort of a let down. for a $100 mod, the buttons should be metal or painted to match the gunmetal frame at the very least. but other than that, the short time i've had with it has been nice. the 60w i have it set at feels like 60w on my other devices. i've only vaped power mode thus far, but will throw some different attys and builds at it this evening after work. i'll check back in tomorrow!

oh one more thing, i think the body of the mod is real carbon fiber. it looks like it to me. maybe i'm wrong, but from my first impression, it appears to be authentic carbon fiber. please chime in if i'm off base here.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
Pass. To high for cheap plastic buttons that's gonna look like garbage in a few months. Unless......... Are the buttons painted or is that the color of the plastic used? That would make some difference.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

they are not painted. so that may be an ok thing. they are solid gray buttons. maybe in their samples the metal was chipping on the buttons or something so they changed them to plastic. you can see in the pics of OP. pic #2 is where you can tell the most. dark gray plastic.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
after looking at the mod a little more. i found some interesting thing about the device. there is NO BRANDING anywhere on the device. NONE. the screen flashes "SIGELEI" if you open the battery door and close it. but that's it. no logos, no Sigelei or Suprimo anywhere. i actually like the less is more approach, but i think they should at least put something on the battery door or on the inside of the door or something.

on the inside of the battery door, it has a J1236. other than that there is nothing. if i didn't know what this was and found it on the street. i would think it's a generic device. and really nice looking, well made generic device. lol

i do think there should be something on the mod. maybe Sigelei on the bottom of the battery door. or even on the inside of the door. or i think a Suprimo spade would look sharp on top of the mod where there is space adjacent to the mod.

Reactions: CharTech

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Got it! :w00t:

Vaping in basic Power mode at 140W using a Twisted Messes Squared with dual twisted 26ga Kanthal A1 until I read the docs and work through the examples over the next two days. Then I may switch to SS316L and TC. Hate to take the coils out of this RDA as it just went in a day or so ago.

I'm at my folks house so I cannot be 100% accurate. I don't have access to all of my mods but the 213 (dual 18650) is almost the same size as my 75W Sigelei (single 18650), and around 2/3 of the size of the 150W Sigelei.

The screen is very sharp, very detailed. Some of the characters are much smaller than on my previous Sigeleis and they are razor sharp. Sometimes I wear reading glasses and these characters are no problem at all.

I've seen a lot of automotive carbon fiber up close and this looks to be made from 100% carbon fiber. It is light and solid like a rock.

The buttons are great. They sound like metal when clicked or tapped on. There is no flex or give...and they give a solid click. Really nice. There is no cutting corners here.

Battery door is snug. You have to work at it to get it open. I do not think it will wear out as quickly as the sliding doors/covers, but time will tell.

I'm going to order another one for a backup. This is the most beautiful regulated mod I've ever seen. Feels classy for some reason. Maybe I need to change my zip code! :2cool:

SMALL or TINY is the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. I'm use to the 150W TC Sigelei. Using my thumb to hit the power button feels natural. They really worked to make everything so compact and well manufactured.

:matrix:

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
    Apr 20, 2016
    Where are you getting these numbers? Are you speaking worldwide or in the US?

The Cuboid is built well, has equal power, and is small as well. It's less than half the price. I don't see the 213 being a bit more attractive being worth double the money. What makes it worth more is the features in my opinion.

Loads of people buy devices for the features they have, even though they won't use half of the features or power. They are buying because it's more future proof.

Why did Sigelei go through the trouble of including it if so few will use it?

If this device had 100W and basic ti/ni temperature control would you pay $90 for it?

Not sure about the numbers, I was being conservative but I got it from a wired video from late last year. But it's not rocket science. Every market has their trickle down affect vaping isn't going to be unique snowflake. This is probably most comparable to the enthusiast PC market. Everyone uses a pc of sorts. Most buy off the shelf computers. Some people build their own. Considering how small the enthusiast market is compared to the overall market there tons of options. Part of that is people wanting tons of different things. Still think of motherboards, Sig is like MSI to (DNA200) Asus and (Yihi) Gigabyte. On the upper end its about throwing as many features in as possible. That doesn't mean when someone picks up the top MSI board (X99a Godlike) that they got it for the powered USB audio that might be a big differentiator. They got it because its 3/4th the price of the top Asus with most of the features.

Compared to the Cuboid it's also smaller, looks more interesting, lighter, and probably better built considering the pin fiasco. On top of that you get a bunch of features that you might not use but are comparable to devices that are double it's price.

People do buy stuff for it to be more future proof. But that doesn't mean that people are looking over every and going "I am going to use this and this". People will have the must haves and then wiggle room. Does TFR interest a lot of people. Probably not. But it probably gives people the comfort knowing that it is there so that in the future they can use it. Same with preheat. Same with TC. Same with TCR. Same with TC SS and so on. Specially in a market where not only does the tech move insanely fast but most consumers are still easing themselves into their comfort zone.

Reactions: f1vefour
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread