Sigelei 213 owners thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I can't get my 213w out of Wattage mode. Every time I try, it says "Resistance Settings Only For Temp Mode."

I've tried several different tanks, I've tried using clapton coils, Kanger OCC, Kanger SSOCC coils...it will not change.

I don't know what to do. I've tried contacting Sigelei, but that's futile.

Any help would be appreciated.
I just grabbed my 213 and i am guessing you are pressing and holding the up and down button at the same time? That is not how to get into TC mode, that is how you read then lock the resistance when you are already in TC mode.

To get to TC mode you click the fire button 3 times then the menu for TC will show up.

I really advise you to read the manual before using it in TC mode though and make sure you know which coil you have in your tank. TC can be dangerous if you do not know what your doing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

AversaS

Aug 1, 2016
Hitting the fire button 3 times worked. Thank you!

I'm going to use NI200 Kanger SSOCC coils. I'm used to vaping around 50 Watts with the standard Kanger OCC coils. I'm curious to see how this goes. Here's hoping something doesn't blow up in my face! :)

EDIT: I've already given up. I switched it to NI200, adjusted the temperature by progressively going higher - nothing was coming out. I'm sticking to just the normal OCCs.

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Hitting the fire button 3 times worked. Thank you!

I'm going to use NI200 Kanger SSOCC coils. I'm used to vaping around 50 Watts with the standard Kanger OCC coils. I'm curious to see how this goes. Here's hoping something doesn't blow up in my face! :)

Make sure you first press the up and down button at the same time to get to the screen you were at before. You then want to read the resistance, then you want to lock the resistance after that. Make sure the coil is at room temperature so that you get a proper reading.

Really the 213 is not the mod you want to use without knowing exactly how to use it for TC mode. I would actually advise against using the 213 for any TC besides SS because that metal is safe to vape in both TC and Power mode. Ti and Ni are both dangerous if heated too high, I never use those metals, only SS.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
No more dangerous than vw vaping. The risks should be lower than that even, even if one doesn't know what one is doing.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

I was talking about the dangers of heating a Ni or Ti coil too high as they can release toxins, this is why Ni and Ti coils have warnings on them about making sure to ONLY use in TC mode. You also need to make sure and lock resistance with these coils as the it changes as the coil heats up.

There are dangers with both of course but it is always better to be informed than not, you may not agree, that's your prerogative.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I was talking about the dangers of heating a Ni or Ti coil too high as they can release toxins, this is why Ni and Ti coils have warnings on them about making sure to ONLY use in TC mode. You also need to make sure and lock resistance with these coils as the it changes as the coil heats up.

There are dangers with both of course but it is always better to be informed than not, you may not agree, that's your prerogative.

That's the dangers of using ni200 and ti in vw mode though, not the dangers of tc. And many feel that the dangers are exaggerated. And locking the resistance is a requirement only on some boards. Joyetech boards don't require it and Evolv suggests that the resistance not be locked. When you warn people you should be clear on the why.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
That's the dangers of using ni200 and ti in vw mode though, not the dangers of tc. And many feel that the dangers are exaggerated. And locking the resistance is a requirement only on some boards. Joyetech boards don't require it and Evolv suggests that the resistance not be locked. When you warn people you should be clear on the why.

Whatever dude, if I say the sky is blue I am sure you will have an opposing opinion. How about I ignore you and you ignore me, that way we can both live in peace.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Whatever dude, if I say the sky is blue I am sure you will have an opposing opinion. How about I ignore you and you ignore me, that way we can both live in peace.
It's not about you (I don't know who you are), it's not about me, it's about providing the correct information.

Topweasel

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2016
Sigelei uses basically a cloned version of a Yihi chip that tries to be more DNA like. You must read then lock the resistance of coil for the Sig to fire in TC outside the preheat. You may need to play with it though Ni200 shouldnt be as much a problem as SS when cold the Sig detects the resistance too low.

None of this matters because the 213 will still attempt a DNA like heartbeat check but with 0% of the self learning and will for each trigger press even with a locked resistance, check the resistance and for the puff use that as the baseline. This can cause stair stepping of temperature between puffs. Ignoring burning cotton. This is dangerous for chain capers using Ni and Ti. Which makes this device only semi safe to use in TC with SS. Which it then struggles with because only in TC mines detect ohms at a lower ohms. Usually .02 off. But SS has a much lower TCR which means that it makes almost no vapor. It if you can massage the coil up to the point that it can be locked at the right ohms then maybe you can get a decent TC vape out of it.

Reactions: mjag

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
It's not about you (I don't know who you are), it's not about me, it's about providing the correct information.

I don't know who you are and based on our interaction on this thread I really don't want to know. When I said earlier in the thread that there was no need to discuss the 510 any further after you said you were outta here I stayed away from that topic, you could not.

My information was correct, you just had a different interpretation of it, your really just looking to get into an argument. I do not like you and I am sure you like me even less so let's just stay away from each other. If I feel the need to respond to you I will just take it to PM as to not bore all the other members here.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The 213 has a few different firmware versions floating out there, some work for tc and some don't. Probably the best advice would be to only use the 213 in power mode and save your tc builds for other mods.

Thanks for responding. I will check my firmware. I will check my preheat setting as well. Is the theme of this thread that the 213 blows in TC mode?

I vape all wire. At the end of the day, for flavor, here is my preference.
1. Ti
2. 316L
3. Ni
4. K1

I have never oxidized a ti coil. There are so many threads on what is harmful, what is not, what is potentially harmful and my conclusion is nobody really knows anything either way.

The only thing I believe is vaping is less harmful than cigarette smoking.

Most other opinions are BS.

Reactions: mjag

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
My fuchai 213 works fine for SS316L coils but don't use Ti or Ni so I can't comment on that. A friend of mine had a fuchai 213 that would not work right in ss tc mode, just kept on pulsing and burning his cotton. He tried mine and it does work but his was different. He sent it back and got a refund once the vendor tested it and confirmed it didn't work.

I really don't know which firmware works and which doesn't. I have heard others complain that the version mine has doesn't work for them. It's a big cluster F and I don't think anyone really knows how to sort all this out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread