Sigelei 213

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Got it! :w00t:

vaping in basic Power mode at 140W using a Twisted Messes Squared with dual twisted 26ga Kanthal A1 until I read the docs and work through the examples over the next two days. Then I may switch to SS316L and TC. Hate to take the coils out of this RDA as it just went in a day or so ago.

I'm at my folks house so I cannot be 100% accurate. I don't have access to all of my mods but the 213 (dual 18650) is almost the same size as my 75W Sigelei (single 18650), and around 2/3 of the size of the 150W Sigelei.

The screen is very sharp, very detailed. Some of the characters are much smaller than on my previous Sigeleis and they are razor sharp. Sometimes I wear reading glasses and these characters are no problem at all.

I've seen a lot of automotive carbon fiber up close and this looks to be made from 100% carbon fiber. It is light and solid like a rock.

The buttons are great. They sound like metal when clicked or tapped on. There is no flex or give...and they give a solid click. Really nice. There is no cutting corners here.

Battery door is snug. You have to work at it to get it open. I do not think it will wear out as quickly as the sliding doors/covers, but time will tell.

I'm going to order another one for a backup. This is the most beautiful regulated mod I've ever seen. Feels classy for some reason. Maybe I need to change my zip code! :2cool:

SMALL or TINY is the first thing that came to mind when I saw it. I'm use to the 150W TC Sigelei. Using my thumb to hit the power button feels natural. They really worked to make everything so compact and well manufactured.

:matrix:

Mikera67

Jul 2, 2015
    Really like mine. The preheat is a great feature, use it with my crowns with ni200 coils, took awhile to get it right but it works great. On a side note in temp mode you can't, or I haven't found a way to change the watts, only adjustment is the preheat, which is the number you see on the display. In power mode you can adjust both the normal and preheat wattage. It also has a temperature adjustment mode by holding all three buttons, which isn't easy. Not sure of the purpose yet, only thing I can think of is if the coil is locked at a higher or lower ohm then it should be, you could use it to raise or lower the temp, so the displayed temp is more realistic. Any other ideas? Another cool deal is it works with ss with 314 and 316 selectable, nickel and ti. Also included are tcr adjustment and something new to me tfr adjustment, which in my limited experience with it is superior to tcr values which are linear. Can't find much info on that yet though.

Also firmware upgradable, if they decide to follow thru that is. And I saw it will charge in devise at a full 2amp, which normally I don't do, but great when you're out and have a dying mod.

Really really like the feel, much lighter than my cuboid, which now goes on backup duty , and the vapor shark dna200 falling further behind. Really comfortable in the hand, best I've owned, buttons at first i didn't like them, now it's grown on me. And the looks, it really looks nice, fit and finish really nice. Like the battery lid, better then the cuboid, you'd have to really mess up to have it open on accident.

Got the black one, gold was available but I'd have to break out the bling to use it, lol

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Really like mine. The preheat is a great feature, use it with my crowns with ni200 coils, took awhile to get it right but it works great. On a side note in temp mode you can't, or I haven't found a way to change the watts, only adjustment is the preheat, which is the number you see on the display. In power mode you can adjust both the normal and preheat wattage. It also has a temperature adjustment mode by holding all three buttons, which isn't easy. Not sure of the purpose yet, only thing I can think of is if the coil is locked at a higher or lower ohm then it should be, you could use it to raise or lower the temp, so the displayed temp is more realistic. Any other ideas? Another cool deal is it works with ss with 314 and 316 selectable, nickel and ti. Also included are tcr adjustment and something new to me tfr adjustment, which in my limited experience with it is superior to tcr values which are linear. Can't find much info on that yet though.

Also firmware upgradable, if they decide to follow thru that is. And I saw it will charge in devise at a full 2amp, which normally I don't do, but great when you're out and have a dying mod.

Really really like the feel, much lighter than my cuboid, which now goes on backup duty , and the vapor shark dna200 falling further behind. Really comfortable in the hand, best I've owned, buttons at first i didn't like them, now it's grown on me. And the looks, it really looks nice, fit and finish really nice. Like the battery lid, better then the cuboid, you'd have to really mess up to have it open on accident.

Got the black one, gold was available but I'd have to break out the bling to use it, lol

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I couldn't get the temp adjustment mode to work on mine, when I press down all buttons it goes into the preheat wattage adjustment mode.

Its a great device. Hopefully other manufacturers are taking notes and come out with smaller, lighter devices that are quality products.

[edit] you might also want to repost it in the 213 owners thread, it seems to have more viewers than this one as the OP kinda went MIA

Kabong30

Feb 7, 2016
    Caddo Mills, TX
    Got mine in yesterday. Had a weird issue initally, a pair of fresh fully charged VTC4's gave a "Battery Imbalance" error initially, swapped out for a pair of "Doo Doo Brown" LG's and got the same. Was ready to be super ......, but I went ahead and threw the VTC back on the charger just to be sure and then threw them in this morning and everything was fine and the batteries are showing equal voltage. Must have been the batteries, but it was weird that it happened on two sets. (both were married and in good shape). Anyway, it's chugging along great now and with the gunmetal the buttons are not chrome so they feel OK and I think they'll hold up (this was a concern for me at first) and they are nice and clicky. I'm pretty happy with it. Nice and compact and I dig the CF which is apparently really and not just a skin or sticker.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2016
    Shanghai
    Got mine in yesterday. Had a weird issue initally, a pair of fresh fully charged VTC4's gave a "Battery Imbalance" error initially, swapped out for a pair of "Doo Doo Brown" LG's and got the same. Was ready to be super ......, but I went ahead and threw the VTC back on the charger just to be sure and then threw them in this morning and everything was fine and the batteries are showing equal voltage. Must have been the batteries, but it was weird that it happened on two sets. (both were married and in good shape). Anyway, it's chugging along great now and with the gunmetal the buttons are not chrome so they feel OK and I think they'll hold up (this was a concern for me at first) and they are nice and clicky. I'm pretty happy with it. Nice and compact and I dig the CF which is apparently really and not just a skin or sticker.

This happened to me as well. The batteries were brand new LG HG2s and were not used prior to the Sig213. I popped them out and swapped their positions / reinstalled them and the Voltage discrepancy went away.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The S213 is a "mixed bag" of work-a-rounds to get it to function at least mostly.
    • some mods are said to fire "hot", my 213 tends to fire 'cold', I use a temperature offset of +40-75 so that the vape is similar to Joytech, Yihi, Dicodes and SXK chips.
    • even with the offset the 213 will offer up a 'lame vape' from time to time. Currently I think it is mostly right out of sleep mode. Double clicking the fire button does not seem to help here.
    • Only 3 out of 5 TCR memories actually work (however all 5 TFR memories seem to work)
    • if you set your 'preheat' to high (where the coil overshoots the set point) the mod will revert to a 'lame vape mode' and if you have the preheat to low you may never reach the set point.
    • Miss fires and garbled screens, mostly cosmetic and needless added frustration.
    While adding a +temperature offset will make all three TC modes (preset, TCR and TFR) function more like other mods I've been using the TFR mode (values gathered from Steam Engine) with a +temperature offset.

The size and thickness of the body lends itself to having larger tanks mounted - I currently have a 7ml Supreme mounted and it looks much better than with smaller diameter tanks.

After (way to much!) fiddling I think I've finally tamed the 213+Supreme to vape the way I like.

YMMV.

My current 2x18650 mod fleet:
    27076835172_32cd9ce1f2_z.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread