Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Looking for suggestions. I had a Evic VTC Mini lasted 9 months, loved the chip but I'm done with cheap junk I want something solid this time.
Sigelei has definitely released far more cheap junk than joyetech/Wismec/eleaf in the last year. Not sure about the 75w but if you want something Sigelei isn't the way to go. You might need to up your budget and go for a known quality dna mod, for example.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Sigelei has definitely released far more cheap junk than Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf in the last year. Not sure about the 75w but if you want something Sigelei isn't the way to go. You might need to up your budget and go for a known quality DNA mod, for example.

Yeah, it is the older one. 1 1/2 years almost 2 I think. I just know the pins are junk on joyetech etc. Don't care if the Ti temp is off or something as long as the 510 pin and threads hold up. Both are SS I believe as oppose to zinc or aluminium threads. Should say 2 Evic's in 9 months, the first had messed up threads brand new they replaced for me.

Reactions: Foggy Road

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Yeah, it is the older one. 1 1/2 years almost 2 I think. I just know the pins are junk on joyetech etc. Don't care if the Ti temp is off or something as long as the 510 pin and threads hold up. Both are SS I believe as oppose to zinc or aluminium threads. Should say 2 Evic's in 9 months, the first had messed up threads brand new they replaced for me.
Honestly, I've never had any problems with the 510 pin on any of my Joyetech mods, and I've almost exclusively used them for at least a year and a half. As long as you don't force the atomizer on you're unlikely to have any problems. The threads are as good as any. Definitely stainless steel and not zink alloy. Also seems like the 510 on the new Predator is finally a better one, but can't confirm that.

Not dismissing your experience with Joyetech mods, or saying that you should try a new one, but for the price they really are hard to beat. I love my Smok Alien but the tc doesn't work near as well as tc on my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods, at least after the firmware update (though it definitely wasn't perfect before it).

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Honestly, I've never had any problems with the 510 pin on any of my Joyetech mods, and I've almost exclusively used them for at least a year and a half. As long as you don't force the atomizer on you're unlikely to have any problems. The threads are as good as any. Definitely stainless steel and not zink alloy. Also seems like the 510 on the new Predator is finally a better one, but can't confirm that.

Not dismissing your experience with Joyetech mods, or saying that you should try a new one, but for the price they really are hard to beat. I love my Smok Alien but the tc doesn't work near as well as tc on my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods, at least after the firmware update (though it definitely wasn't perfect before it).

Oh, answered my own question. The Sigelei is aluminium alloy. Local shop has them around $40 USD, I can get another evic kit for maybe $30 so its not a big step up like the $75-90 MSRP.

Reactions: Foggy Road

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Dogg, I'd look at thishttps://www.ecig.com/fuchai-mini.html I have one and love it, have used Sigelei mods since the ZMax V2( still working perfectly) and have never had one fail.,...And I've had allot of mods
    Yep, just got one the other day.
    Use code "20off"...$26.58 shipped

edit: not sure the code still works.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I have the sigelei 75w. I use it from time to time but...

Not quite a solid step up. It's nice, looks alright. It's the first and last time I tried tc. It was ok but that's when I changed from drippers to tanks so no real need for tc.
    It's quite shakey. The battery doors are okay but they both come off and feel quite cheap when they move in your fingers. There's no rattle without pressure on the doors but it just doesn't feel very solid.
    I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than out and about.
    Saying that, I've dropped it on carpeted floor in the car and both the doors have popped off (too easy and the magnets are only glued to the insides so I've lost a couple).

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    I don't have the mini's but i have the fuchai 213 plus and the snow wolf 200 plus. the snow wolf feels less sturdy but performs much better. In reality joyetech/wismec/ and sigelei all are pretty much bottom tier IMO. Of course their are fans of both that will say otherwise so it's really up to you.

If you want a pretty well built mod with a great chip for less then 100 watts the hohm slice is about 30 bucks online has one of the best chips in vaping and being a 26650 mod will give you better battery life as well. it's kinda small but not as small as the one's you are looking at

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    I have the sigelei 75w. I use it from time to time but...

Not quite a solid step up. It's nice, looks alright. It's the first and last time I tried tc. It was ok but that's when I changed from drippers to tanks so no real need for tc.
    It's quite shakey. The battery doors are okay but they both come off and feel quite cheap when they move in your fingers. There's no rattle without pressure on the doors but it just doesn't feel very solid.
    I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than out and about.
    Saying that, I've dropped it on carpeted floor in the car and both the doors have popped off (too easy and the magnets are only glued to the insides so I've lost a couple).

I don't have the mini's but i have the fuchai 213 plus and the snow wolf 200 plus. the snow wolf feels less sturdy but performs much better. In reality joyetech/wismec/ and sigelei all are pretty much bottom tier IMO. Of course their are fans of both that will say otherwise so it's really up to you.

If you want a pretty well built mod with a great chip for less then 100 watts the hohm slice is about 30 bucks online has one of the best chips in vaping and being a 26650 mod will give you better battery life as well. it's kinda small but not as small as the one's you are looking at
    the hohm wrecker is a solid device for around 65$ as well, reminds me of my Sig 150

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    Cool, it looks like I'll get the Snow Wolf. I did want single 18650 because I have un married batteries that would just go to waste if I went with dual or 26650. Also all they have in town are these, Vaporesso Target Pro, Kbox 40w and another Evic VTC. If I can't wait for next fasttech sale and upto 2 months for delivery I'll need to buy local. Depends how long I can put up with this one... last 2 days it seems to be working much better. Just one tank wont screw on, combo of tank and mod treads because other tanks screw on the mod and the tank screws on other 510's.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada

Yeah joyetech brands are just the 510, people say just don't screw your tanks on flush... kinda defeats the purpose of spring loaded 510 if you can't use it lol. I'd rather they go back to old adjustable 510 if they won't fix the spring loaded... been using the same one for years now. Between me and a friend, been through 2 Evic's and 2 Pico's in under a year. Still work but they are annoying, no atty off and on for no reason. Some days it works great, others it won't.

Reactions: Anthony_Vapes

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Cool, it looks like I'll get the Snow Wolf. I did want single 18650 because I have un married batteries that would just go to waste if I went with dual or 26650. Also all they have in town are these, Vaporesso Target Pro, Kbox 40w and another Evic VTC. If I can't wait for next fasttech sale and upto 2 months for delivery I'll need to buy local. Depends how long I can put up with this one... last 2 days it seems to be working much better. Just one tank wont screw on, combo of tank and mod treads because other tanks screw on the mod and the tank screws on other 510's.

You can get the original Snow Wolf Mini 75 at Vapor Leaf right now for $40, if you are interested.

Snow Wolf 75W TC Box Mod

I don't think I've ever bought from Vapor Leaf before, but I've read good things about them here. I don't know where you are located, but Vapor Leaf is in Colorado.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    You can get the original Snow Wolf Mini 75 at Vapor Leaf right now for $40, if you are interested.

Snow Wolf 75W TC Box Mod

I don't think I've ever bought from Vapor Leaf before, but I've read good things about them here. I don't know where you are located, but Vapor Leaf is in Colorado.
    Thats how much they want here, $55 CDN about $40 USD. Oddly my evic has been working again, my cat must have jumped on the box I keep it in and knocked a wire back into place lol. As long as it lasts till I can get something cheap I'm good.

Another shop here said they would let me know Monday what they'd sell me cheap. I prefer shopping local for mods but FT sometimes has 40% off $15 ones. EFUN requires paypal or I'd try them out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread