Sigelei Ares + Temp Control Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmonkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
InACity
Had to replace my Vamo this week when it suddenly died.

For various reasons, I picked the Sigelei 90W Plus as a replacment. It arrived today.

Apparently my faithful Vamo was on the fritz for awhile before it suddenly stopped working. Here I was thinking I was doing something wrong or had a few subpar coils recently - as soon as I put my tank on the sigelei it was behaving like new again, which is fantastic. :)

So I'm really happy (again) with my Aspire Triton.

But the Sigelei Ares which came with my 90w Plus is nice looking, a bit more compact, and one of the coils included with it is a Temperature Control coil. I haven't tried or even considered TC previously.

I'm kind of inclined to leave the Ares sitting in the wrapper until some emergency crops up where I've broken the Triton or something. But I wonder if TC is a life changing experience - as it seems really popular these days.

I don't want to unwrap and dirty the Ares if it's going to be pretty meh compared to my Triton - so I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this particular tank, or has such a strong endorsement of temperature control that it's worth unwrapping it just to have a try with that.

I'm not finding any informative reviews of the Ares at all, which leads me to think it's not such a performer, but maybe it's just not widely known?

Thanks for any input!

Last edited:

Smithatude

Apr 22, 2016
Had to replace my Vamo this week when it suddenly died.

For various reasons, I picked the Sigelei 90W Plus as a replacment. It arrived today.

Apparently my faithful Vamo was on the fritz for awhile before it suddenly stopped working. Here I was thinking I was doing something wrong or had a few subpar coils recently - as soon as I put my tank on the Sigelei it was behaving like new again, which is fantastic. :)

So I'm really happy (again) with my Aspire Triton.

But the Sigelei Ares which came with my 90w Plus is nice looking, a bit more compact, and one of the coils included with it is a Temperature Control coil. I haven't tried or even considered TC previously.

I'm kind of inclined to leave the Ares sitting in the wrapper until some emergency crops up where I've broken the Triton or something. But I wonder if TC is a life changing experience - as it seems really popular these days.

I don't want to unwrap and dirty the Ares if it's going to be pretty meh compared to my Triton - so I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this particular tank, or has such a strong endorsement of temperature control that it's worth unwrapping it just to have a try with that.

I'm not finding any informative reviews of the Ares at all, which leads me to think it's not such a performer, but maybe it's just not widely known?

Thanks for any input!
I bought the same kit for $69 after buying the 75w TC Sigelei that came with the sense herkeles bottom full tank. I used the Ares tank right off the bat, and it's build was definatly solid. A little to much threads, 6 at last count, but they're solid SS. Two things that annoy me about this tank is #1 the juice control is a problem. While I had given up on trying to figure it out, I adjusted it somehow when I cleaned and replaced a coil. #2, I've not been able to get any reliable info on what the suggested wattage range is for the ni200 coils run in power mode. So when either coil, the .5 or .2 was used, it worked great, and I had it dialed in. It was only when I bought a pack of .2 coils from VaporDNA, the .5's were unavailable, that I've run into problems.

I can say however that this was my second tank, and when I first tried to her coils at the local shop, they didn't carry them, and suggested an aspire cleito tank, which I bought for $32. Much happier with the ares tank than the cleito that's for sure. But with all of these coil problems, I've moved on, I think to RTA's, and just got a Wotofo Conqueror postless tank, and am about to set up and test a nice dual coil build.

Bottom line is that the Singelei Ares tank is solid. It's never gotten hot, unlike the cleito, even at high watts. No leakage other than when I fried a coil by my own mistake. The replacement coils are the only issue. They are hard to find locally, and who knows where the ones online come from, well China, but as well built as they are they're not uwell coils. Don't toss out or forget about the ares though, I've used it for temp control with the 90w Sigelei 26650 mod and it seems to communicate well with it. But like most, TC at this time is something tried and then left on the shelf.

Sweetvapes has the kit, the 90w mod, the 26650 battery and Ares tank for $69. Not bad at all. It's usually about $100 elsewhere. The 26650 is the ultimate way to go.

Reactions: whatmonkey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread