Sigelei Fuchai 213 - Am I the only one satisfied with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently stopped by my local B&M looking to buy a replacement for my Kanger Topbox Mini that I recently broke. I was looking for something something that was a step up from the Topbox, had TC settings for stainless or customizable TCR settings, and wanted to move up to a 2 battery mod. After a little bit of research online I decided I wanted to give the Cuboid a try. Well when I stopped in the vape shop to pick one up, the lady at the store told me they didn't have anymore, so I asked for some recommendations for something that fit the needs I was looking for. She told me she had a device that they just recently got in and pulled out the Fuchai 213 and I immediately loved the way it looked. I didn't know much about the Fuchai 213 but seeing that it was supposed to do everything I wanted, I decided to take a leap of faith, hope for the best and go for it. When I got home I threw 2 new batteries on the charger and began to do some more research on this device and the more I read about it the more worried I became. After reading about the whole Sigelei 213 fiasco and all the reviews and claims about the Fuchai 213 still not performing TC as it was intended, or at all, I began thinking "What have I just gotten myself into?" as I almost exclusively only use TC mode anymore. I was also disappointed see the Fuchai being offered at such low prices across the Internet, at least half of what I paid at the B&M. A bit apprehensive, I popped my batteries into my Fuchai 213 and figured the only way I will know for sure is to try it myself. Well, after fumbling through settings, trying to decipher the very unclear instruction booklet that came with the device, and reading various forums online for quite a long time, I eventually figured out how to use the Fuchai and all the modes. Coming from a simple topbox mini, I never really understood or had the real need to learn about TCR and TFR or anything like that but after doing some more reading I had a basic grasp on the concepts and found that those modes on the Fuchai were relatively easy to use.
I wouldn't consider myself an "advanced vaper" or anything like that, but so far I have no real complaints with this device. I think it feels great in the hand and was surprised to see how small a 2 battery device could actually be. Not to mention how much I personally love how it looks. Despite the how harsh much of what I read from the vaping community was on the Fuchai 213, It seems to me that it is doing exactly what it was designed to do. From what I can tell the preset TC mode, manual TCR and TFR modes all work reliably. Although i have only been using my Uwell Crown .5 ss coils on it for TC(I know there has been much debate on using those coils for TC), once I got the right settings dailed in it has been flawless. I wanted to try and make sure it does what it's supposed to with SS before even thinking about NI200. It seems to me at least that Sigelei really did fix whatever issues there was in the original 213 for the Fuchai 213. I have never owned an original 213 but I am just going off of what I have seen blasted all over the Internet. The values I've been using for TCR and TFR are the standard ones, not their "special" Fahrenheit calculations, and they've worked for me. I've tried the test I saw online where you check if TC is actually working by setting temp low, the preheat wattage high with a .1 sec timer and then firing it repeatedly. Seems that everything is operating as it should, on my device at least. The only thing I really can't weigh in on is how high the wattage actually up to compared to Sigelei's claim of 213w,not that that would be possible with most batteries anyway. Either way I never vape anywhere even remotely close to that so it doesn't matter to me.

So yeah, sorry for the ridiculously long post. I really don't post much at all on ECF but I just wanted to share my experience with the Fuchai 213 so far and was really curious to what other users experiences have been with this device.

According to Daniel at DJLsb Vapes nothing was fixed.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah, I have watched that video before. I guess all I'm saying is that I haven't had or just haven't noticed any issues like that since I've been using my Fuchai. Whenever I lock in my resistance it seems to stay locked and do what it's supposed do. Once I set my preheat watts and time it never exceeds the wattage no matter what I do. It did take me quite a while to figure out what the preheat settings for theTC modes actually were because of course it explains absolutely nothing about them in the instructions other than how to get to those settings. But from what I've gathered is when you're in a TC mode, the preheat power setting basically is also your max wattage setting for whatever your set temp is. I definitely wish it would have said something about that in the instructions but whatever.
In all honesty, If I had seen that video and read all the negativity about the sigelei 213& the fuchai prior to buying it , I think I would have stayed as far away as possible but I was impatient, didn't research it prior, jumped the gun and bought it.

I think my reason for my whole post is, I guess I'm just looking for some validation that all hope isn't lost, that some people are actually having good experiences with them. And if they really are working as they should despite of what so many other people are saying, why? Did I just get lucky and get a working one, or am I misinterpreting what's actually going on and just thinking mines working? Orrr would it be possible that there are somehow multiple versions out there of the Fuchai 213? I haven't actually tried testing it with dry cotton because I don't have any compatible wire but from what I'm seeing and trying gives me no reason to believe there's anything wrong. Not saying that it isn't possible, just from my experience. And that's why I'm really interested in finding out what's going on here with anyone who has one.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
The way I understand it is in TC it rereads the resistance each time you fire it. If you aren't chain vaping that might not be noticed. However if you are chain vaping, the chip would constantly reread the resistance each time you press the fire button and the vape would get hotter and hotter.

TC is not supposed to operate like that. Once you or the chip lock in the resistance, it is supposed to compare the resistance rise to the cold value to know when you have reached your set temperature. If the chip keeps re-reading and locking in the new resistance at each press of the fire button, that is incorrect operation that can be bad especially with Ni200 or Ti01.

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy your new mod. I was just trying to make you aware of the issues with the chip. If it was me I wouldn't use either Ni200 or Ti01 with it. In power mode it works as a 150 watt just fine. If I was going to use it in TC I would limit it to SS (since it can be used in power mode as well).

Reactions: ej1024
The way I understand it is in TC it rereads the resistance each time you fire it. If you aren't chain vaping that might not be noticed. However if you are chain vaping, the chip would constantly reread the resistance each time you press the fire button and the vape would get hotter and hotter.

TC is not supposed to operate like that. Once you or the chip lock in the resistance, it is supposed to compare the resistance rise to the cold value to know when you have reached your set temperature. If the chip keeps re-reading and locking in the new resistance at each press of the fire button, that is incorrect operation that can be bad especially with Ni200 or Ti01.

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy your new mod. I was just trying to make you aware of the issues with the chip. If it was me I wouldn't use either Ni200 or Ti01 with it. In power mode it works as a 150 watt just fine. If I was going to use it in TC I would limit it to SS (since it can be used in power mode as well).

I've also heard that about that as well, about how it was calculating resistance. seems that quite a few people are saying that about both versions of the 213 . Which was one of the main reasons I wanted to stick with the SS coils first to test for while. I did try to see if I could replicate that problem though. I normally don't chain vape very often but I wanted to see how it reacted to that. So I took about 10 or so hits close to each other and tried it at a few different Temp and preheat settings and it seemed normal to me.
One thing I DID notice with the preheat power settings is when you're using that feature in TC mode and you increase the time to, let's say .5 seconds for example, it'll get hotter each progressive hit during those .5 seconds then it kicks over to regular temp control. But I don't know if I would consider this an issue with the actual temp control of the device since whenever you're using the preheat settings, it's basically running in wattage mode for those .5 seconds. That was surprisingly written in the instruction booklet lol although not explained very well.
I've usually use mine at about 370f - 440f with the preheat set at 60w for anywhere from .01- .30 seconds with no problems thus far.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Must you use TC in a mod that has it or can I simply vape with the wattage I like? I was considering getting the 213 or the Triad.
I'm just wanting to vape simply. I like and use the Kabuki Tank and assorted gennies and don't often use more than 12W at the max unless using a tank like the Crown.

Reactions: salemgold
Must you use TC in a mod that has it or can I simply vape with the wattage I like? I was considering getting the 213 or the Triad.
I'm just wanting to vape simply. I like and use the Kabuki Tank and assorted gennies and don't often use more than 12W at the max unless using a tank like the Crown.
You don't have to use TC at all if you don't want to. I could be wrong but I'm fairly positive that every mod that has does TC has a regular power/wattage mode. I know for a fact the Sigelei+Fuchai 213s have a power mode and I have seen plenty of people say that even though they may have issues with the TC in those mods that it is still a great VW mod otherwise.

Reactions: cigarbabe

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I have a fuchai 213, bought it before the whole scandal broke. I am mostly a power user and it works fine in that mode. I have used it in SS316L TC mode and it worked fine for me, was able to vape my tank dry a few times with no burnt cotton. I don't use Ni or Ti coils and would not recommend the mod for those coils.

I am really not happy with how Sigelei handled this all though. Not planning on giving them anymore business but I will continue to use my 213.

As long as you know the 213's limitations then enjoy it, I know I do.

I really hope a lot more mods come out with the same compact design. Love how small it is for a 2 batt mod, great fit and finish too. It just needs a quality chip like Yihi, DNA or FSK and I would buy one. The IPV5 is similar but that has problems as well, not going there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have a fuchai 213, bought it before the whole scandal broke. I am mostly a power user and it works fine in that mode. I have used it in SS316L TC mode and it worked fine for me, was able to vape my tank dry a few times with no burnt cotton. I don't use Ni or Ti coils and would not recommend the mod for those coils.

I am really not happy with how Sigelei handled this all though. Not planning on giving them anymore business but I will continue to use my 213.

As long as you know the 213's limitations then enjoy it, I know I do.

I really hope a lot more mods come out with the same compact design. Love how small it is for a 2 batt mod, great fit and finish too. It just needs a quality chip like Yihi, DNA or FSK and I would buy one. The IPV5 is similar but that has problems as well, not going there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you on how they handled the whole situation. Like I said earlier, had I known all this prior to buying it, I definitely would have held off for something better. I've only had one other sigelei device before, the zmax, and never had issues with that. Basically bought that because the price was right and I remembered hearing sigelei was a pretty reputable brand. Which was also why I sort of jumped the gun on buying the fuchai 213 without doing any real research prior because I figure "hey it's sigelei how bad could it be?"
But whatever it's been working okay for me so far and looks and feels great so I'll just keep on using it and hoping for the best until I'm ready for something else made by someone who I'd feel okay giving my business to. Thanks for the input glad to see someone else has been enjoying it too.

Glad to hear it Dshobe. For me this is my first 2 battery mod so the extra vape time has definitely been a major plus. What type of coil have you been using? Ive been using the crown .5 ss coils which have been working surprisingly well in tc so far. I have some spare, ni200 coils sitting around but I have been kind of nervous to try out yet

Dshobe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Denver, CO
Glad to hear it Dshobe. For me this is my first 2 battery mod so the extra vape time has definitely been a major plus. What type of coil have you been using? Ive been using the crown .5 ss coils which have been working surprisingly well in tc so far. I have some spare, ni200 coils sitting around but I have been kind of nervous to try out yet
I've used straight up contact coils, don't remember the resistance, but I've been using 316L SS for a while now and haven't used any other type of wire since. For the last couple of months or so I've been using 316L SS in different wire configurations from Advanced Vape Supply. Dual core claptons, vertibraids, triple core claptons... It's been fun, but I haven't deviated from ss wire. It works great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Very nice. So far my experience with SS has been pretty great, but I've never really been big into rebuildables so I can really only speak for the few SS replaceable coils I've tried. Having the option to use both TV and wattage is always nice. I messed around with rebuilding for a little while when I got my first subox mini kit since it came with a deck but it never really stuck with me. I just like the convenience of popping in a new coil and more or less being ready to go. But maybe now that I have a mod that has a lot of different options, and being that I've been so into ss lately maybe it'll be a good time To to get back into it

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Mine is V1.1 and it's the least efficient mod I've ever owned. Using the same batteries, wattage and atomizer my YiHi powered 150tc, og 100w and DNA powered vt133 all have about 30% longer run time. Probably longer. With my other mods 2 sets of HG2s will last me all day at over 100w with a looooong ramp up. With the 213 I need 4 sets and they're all dead when I get home.

The integrated charger is garbage. It will say the batteries are 100% but after about 10 pulls it's back down to 80%. The DNA charger doesn't do that. It's like using a slow external charger.
The voltage meter for the batteries is 0.2v too high, saying my batteries are at 4.4v when a DMM says 4.17v.
After a few rips at 100w or when pulsing my coils the mod gets hot...very hot. All of my other mods stay pretty cool even chain vaping at their max wattage.
I've never been so unhappy with a product.

I loved Sigelei's mods till they started making crap like the Fuchai (the 213 and the 200w) and the Spark...you can barely get a battery in it without breaking the PVC and once you get it in there it's stuck. You can't get it back out because theres no ribbon! Plus the magnets fell out.

I will never own another Sigelei product. There are too many people making quality chips and devices to ever give Sigelei another dime.

The only thing I'll say about the TC is that it's reaaaaally bad. They didn't give you enough decimal places for TCR/TFR and even if they did it wouldn't matter. Vaping in VW is way more predictable than the TC. There's no telling what the vape is going to be like. One hit will be too hot and the next one won't even fire. I only use 316l and using a custom TFR, TCR, and the built in 316 my infrared thermometer was never even close to the temp I set. Not only could it not get the temp right but it couldn't even make a predictable temperature. It was different every time by 50 degrees fahrenheit.
It's pretty bad when kanger tech...the lowest of the low can out perform the 213 in TC.

Last edited:
Reactions: EBE1

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Ive noticed the same thing as far as efficiency goes with the Spark.. Before I got it I had the older Sigelei Mini and all of my 18650s lasted right around 24 hours on the dot at 18w. I could literally set a watch to when they were going to hit the Low Battery warning. The Spark is eating through them even quicker, even my 30Qs have lost that magic extra 4 hours of runtime I got in the Mini. The Mini ran a custom YiHi chip and I guess Sig is using their own in house chips now? I actually just noticed a couple minutes ago the display is crooked too. Sounds like Sig should've stuck to outsourcing their electronics. And yeah that battery compartment is crap too. Its ripped the bottom of the wrapper on just about all of my batteries so far. You have to push the battery up as much as you can and very gently angle the bottom out first, but even then mine sometimes still catches. The Mini had a ribbon, why did they leave it out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread