Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Sig is getting into the squonk market with the Fuchai. Only info I've seen is Sig's video below. Not a lot of details other than it is a single battery, will take 18650/20700/21700 and does 150 watts (insert laugh track here for Sig's usual wattage overstatement).

I do like the position of the bottle and the ease of battery swapping. Based on Sig's past history, this is one I'll wait on for some quality reviews before considering.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
150 watts from a single 18650, that's almost criminally irresponsible.
Without even touching on the safety aspects, the device simply will not get to 150 watts using any 18650 on the market. Even a fully charged high performance cell would sag to oblivion before it even got close.
Assuming the device has a 3.2 volt cutoff that's 52 amps.
This is like selling a sports car that only has room under the hood for a lawn mower engine.

Irresponsible, dishonest and potentially dangerous, well done Sigelei.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I wonder How Long it will be until we start to see Re-Wrapped Inferior 20700 and 21700 Batteries?

I'd put money that these Sig/Snowwolf batteries would fall into the inferior category should Mooch test them. Or perhaps they are relying on having the product photo suggest thermal runaway as their claim to accurate product information....

snow.JPG

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I have 2 fuchai 213's (well 1 and 1 of the original sigelei 213's), and they are holding up very nicely....TC is a mess, but I only do wattage mode, so no issue for me.....I'm getting one of these for sure!
Just hope they also release mod only....
I have a Sig 213 also. and yes, TC is fooked up. I also have a Sig fuchai mini 80w and TC is excellent, I really like it with SS builds. so, if this board has the same fixes as the 80w board we're golden!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Review of it by Todd. Bottom line: squonks well, no leaking, TC in SS seems to be working well, pretty comfortable. But regardless of the battery used, it drops down to about 90W. On the plus side, at least the mod is showing that it is dropping down the wattage rather than just displaying 150W but firing at 90.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Review of it by Todd. Bottom line: squonks well, no leaking, TC in SS seems to be working well, pretty comfortable. But regardless of the battery used, it drops down to about 90W. On the plus side, at least the mod is showing that it is dropping down the wattage rather than just displaying 150W but firing at 90.

I think Todd nailed it when he said (roughly paraphrased)...

"If you can Forget about the 150 Watt thing, and just except that it is an 80 Watt Mod, you'll be fine. If you buy this thinking you are getting a lot more, and believe the 150 Watt spec, you are just putting yourself on."

That's pretty much were I'm at. If it can do 80 Watts, I'm OK with it.

If it can do TC, that will be a Bonus.
Just like if it can Actually do a Firmware Upgrade.

But I foresee that there is going to be a Lot of ...... Off people who buy this Squonker.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I think Todd nailed it when he said (roughly paraphrased)...

"If you can Forget about the 150 Watt thing, and just except that it is an 80 Watt Mod, you'll be fine. If you buy this thinking you are getting a lot more, and believe the 150 Watt spec, you are just putting yourself on."

That's pretty much were I'm at. If it can do 80 Watts, I'm OK with it.

If it can do TC, that will be a Bonus.
Just like if it can Actually do a Firmware Upgrade.

But I foresee that there is going to be a Lot of ...... Off people who buy this Squonker.
Same here.I don't usually vape more than 35-40 watts,so i never cared if it hit 150 or not,i'll never need that much wattage.I agree though,there will be a lot of unhappy people who already pre ordered and won't know until they get it.I see the same scenario playing out on the Ijoy Capo,real info wasn't released until after everybody jumped at the presales on it,now it comes out that it doesn't do Tc,etc.,so there's going to be a whole lot of unhappy people there too.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread