Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
What do you mean locking in my coil???? Don'y know about that.
With the device and TC coil at room temperature, and the device in the appropriate TC mode, press and hold the + and -. The mod will ask if you want to read the resistance or lock the resistance... choose read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SGLGlobal

Unresolved Status
Aug 8, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

pinkpirate

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Central NY
I see that everyone here loved the Kaos and I really want to but I'm having a problem with mine and thought maybe someone would know a fix. I got mine a couple of months ago and since the beginning it has turned off by itself at random times. When it does this I have to take the batteries out to restart it. I put it away for a few months and got it out last night. It still just turns itself off. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Mine won't update :( anyone else able to update the firmware?

Mine is still working fine, so haven't attempted any updates.

I see that everyone here loved the Kaos and I really want to but I'm having a problem with mine and thought maybe someone would know a fix. I got mine a couple of months ago and since the beginning it has turned off by itself at random times. When it does this I have to take the batteries out to restart it. I put it away for a few months and got it out last night. It still just turns itself off. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

I wouldn't say I love the mod, but like and still using it. My first thought is what batteries are you using and are they married? Can you try another quality married pair? If batteries have been ruled out, maybe try the update posted above?

pinkpirate

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Central NY
Mine is still working fine, so haven't attempted any updates.

I wouldn't say I love the mod, but like and still using it. My first thought is what batteries are you using and are they married? Can you try another quality married pair? If batteries have been ruled out, maybe try the update posted above?

I am using Efest 3000mAh and I always use these two together, the work fine on my older 150w Sigelei. I tried to do the update and it does show connection but the update button doesn't light up. I am considering just buying something else. I love my 150w but the battery door is missing and it is starting to fall apart so I need something new.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Since Efest batteries are not on Mooch's approved battery list (I believe they are re-wraps, so unknown actual ratings), you might consider picking up a pair of approved LG, Samsung, or Sony batteries for your new mod. Then give them a try in your Kaos. I have no idea, but who knows, worth a try.

FWIW, you might take a look at the Smok GX2/4. I picked one up at it has quickly become my favorite.

jOHN vITO

Sep 2, 2017
There is so little information on ecf about this mod I wanted to start this group to disscuss experiences, problems, Firmware updates and anything related to this mod.
i JUST PURCHASED A kAOS sPECTRUM and cannot get it to operate correctly ..Brand new just turned it on and try to adjust resistance hit fire button and Nothing ..Just an alert that states Low Resistence

Reactions: liblue1

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
i JUST PURCHASED A kAOS sPECTRUM and cannot get it to operate correctly ..Brand new just turned it on and try to adjust resistance hit fire button and Nothing ..Just an alert that states Low Resistence
build a highter resistance coil

Christina W

Sep 12, 2017
Texas
IMG_2602.JPG
Is anyone having issues with the top starting to come off? Just got mine, along with the TFV12 the last of May (birthday present from best sons EVER! :)). I have really enjoyed it until it started literally coming apart. The top has lifted up on the end where tank attaches. I haven't dropped it or done anything that should have caused this. Granted, the TFV12 is a heavy tank, especially when it's full, but seems like it should be able to handle it without separating. Now that it has started separating, you can push it back down, but it pops right back up. I'm concerned about juice getting inside. Considered taking it apart, but couldn't find any info on disassembly. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: catilley1092

Rutherford B Hayes

Oct 7, 2017
So back around May of this year my girlfriend and I each grabbed a Kaos Spectrum to use for our main mods and while they were amazing for the first couple of months, they've steadily gone downhill. We have them paired with the GeekVape Avocado 24 running dual coils at around .15-.20 with 26 AWG twisted SS with a pair of IMREN 18650 for each.

Now I carry mine everywhere and have it on my person pretty much 100% of the time, while she babies it and still has it looking like it did the day it came out of the box. Back around July I was using mine with no issues, adjusted my wattage, sat it down and left it for about 5 minutes. When I picked it back up and hit the fire button, my whole screen was cracked. While I use it constantly, I've never dropped it or hit it on anything, but right over the resistance and battery info was a bright white spot with black spiderwebbing over the rest of the screen. As one can expect, over time the amount of visible screen has reduced and on a good day I can only make out the first digit of the wattage setting. Aside from that, at least it still fires and I can adjust my setting by counting them amount of times I have to click until the first digit changes.

As for my girlfriends, yesterday she called me at work and asked if I could take a look at her mod when I got home because it had randomly shut off on her. I was a little confused because even if the batteries were somehow imbalanced (which would surprise me since we each have a married set that we dedicate to these) or if the coil was shorting, I was pretty sure that she would get a notification, not have the mod shut off completely. After taking a look at it when I got home, everything appeared normal, so I popped in a different set of batteries (married as well) and let her do her thing. About 45 seconds later it cut off again would not come back on. I decided to try plugging it in to see if that would make a difference (we've never used USB charging for either since we have an external charger). The Sigelei logo came right up and it kicked up like it should. Thinking that all was good, removed the charger just to have it immediately shut back off. I've tried to update the firmware in hopes that it might resolve it, but the SGLvape app won't recognize it (I've tried all the recommended things like holding the power button while plugging it in after removing the batteries) and am pretty much at a loss as to what to try next.

Another smaller issue we've had with both since we took them out of the box is the battery indicator. When it sits in standby mode, the battery will read at 100%, when you hit fire it'll drop down to around 70% or so and continues to do that as the battery actually drops in charge reflecting a lower and lower number while firing. I always assumed it had something to do with the wattage it was set on reflecting the battery draining faster, but we generally keep them between 50-60W at all times.

All in all, when these things worked like new, they were awesome. The color changing LED was a neat little gimmick, it felt good in the hand even if the faux leather back felt kinda of lacking and the weight with batteries in with was spot on. Our battery doors are still secure and the buttons never even really rattled like some people complained of. If only the functionality of the more important features like the screen and ability to turn on held up.

TL;DR
Own 2, one has a broken screen and the other doesn't even turn on anymore, won't even recognize for firmware update and battery meter reads weird.

If anyone has any recommendations on solving any of these issues, I'd love to hear them. Other than that, I'm going to call Sigelei customer service on Monday and pray for a real response.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
View attachment 685611 Is anyone having issues with the top starting to come off? Just got mine, along with the TFV12 the last of May (birthday present from best sons EVER! :)). I have really enjoyed it until it started literally coming apart. The top has lifted up on the end where tank attaches. I haven't dropped it or done anything that should have caused this. Granted, the TFV12 is a heavy tank, especially when it's full, but seems like it should be able to handle it without separating. Now that it has started separating, you can push it back down, but it pops right back up. I'm concerned about juice getting inside. Considered taking it apart, but couldn't find any info on disassembly. Any ideas? Thanks!
I have since got mine apart and figured it all out. They did not do such a good job on the build of this thing after all which is the cause of mine/your problem.
Essentially the outer shell (metal) has nothing to do with the 510 top plate. The top plate is held in place by being screwed down into a thin plastic shell inside that also houses the pcb. The main outer shell does nothing to secure the top plate. This is a VERY weak design only using a very light piece of plastic to secure the weight of your atty. So the first time you knock it over, that plastic is cracked and the top is "loose".
In my case the impact did crack the plastic around the screw threads so my screws appeared loose. In your case the plastic is cracked elsewhere so your screws appear tight while your top is still loose.

I did fix mine by removing the top plate (4 screws, 2 under name plate) and used marine epoxy putty material to build a wall all around this thin plastic sleeve, essentially making a new mount plate inside out of resin. Then I drilled 4 new screw holes in the resin and screwed the top on. Now my mod is strong and has some meat under the top plate to support the atty securely. This fix working fine after 1 month use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread