Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I really like this one nice device as for what chip it has. I bet it's sx130 it has the PWM and the same delay when scrolling through the wattage exactly the same as ipv mini v1(sx130) and also seems to buck on initial fire .5 sec then settles on the set wattage.
And the quick dimming screen. If I constantly changed my power setting this would probably bother me.

Tap'd from my LG G3

I just got mine. Love this little dude. The IPV mini will be going in a drawer for awhile lol. photo (1).jpg

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I think I am one of the few who likes the quick dimming screen, I only need a second to see my settings, then I want the screen off. The screen stays on longer when you use the up down buttons, that is really the only time I need it on longer, also stealthier at night.

Since these use the same SX130 board... It not being able to see the settings that bothers me -- it's knowing the battery level that is my main concern. I have to click the down button to light the screen to check the battery level. The concern is that the IPV mini will take your battery down lower than I am comfortable with.

Last edited:

banjer

Nov 27, 2014
NC
Had my mini about a week. It is a fine box mod for my tanks (mostly Lemo's) using 17 watts. However, the first time I tried to screw the tank on there was some resistance on the threads. I kept turning the tank a little at a time until it seated. My Kf v-4 (clone) went on fine. Has anyone else had a problem with the threads on the mini? Would I get another, yep

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Just a heads up. I have been using LG, Samsung and Sony batteries in this mod. Popped in a charged Efest 3100 mAh battery this morning. It was hard as heck to get it out tonight. I remember reading somewhere that these are slightly taller. Probably from the rewrapping of a 20 amp LG and adding an additional to cap.

HD

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Well, I got my mini 30w a few days ago and wow, this little box mod is great! Reads ohm's pretty well, fits in my hand and pocket perfectly, hits smoother than my mvp at certain watts, can run anything down to I think .3ohm's which is far from what I usually build for my lemo(.7 ohm twisted 28gauge atm), what more could I ask for. Oh and I read on the last page about over charging batteries in this mod, for me I put 5 batteries through it and all charged to max (4.2v) and stopped after that. Double checked all on my multimeter and all's well, charged correctly. Can't wait to put this mod thru its paces!

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Well, I got my mini 30w a few days ago and wow, this little box mod is great! Reads ohm's pretty well, fits in my hand and pocket perfectly, hits smoother than my mvp at certain watts, can run anything down to I think .3ohm's which is far from what I usually build for my lemo(.7 ohm twisted 28gauge atm), what more could I ask for. Oh and I read on the last page about over charging batteries in this mod, for me I put 5 batteries through it and all charged to max (4.2v) and stopped after that. Double checked all on my multimeter and all's well, charged correctly. Can't wait to put this mod thru its paces!
Congrats. It's a nice little unit. [emoji106]

HD

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I havent tried to charge in mine yet as I have a Nitecore D2 but thats good to know, it may come in handy one day at work if I ever leave my spare battery at home.
How long did it take to recharge it, and how low did you let the battery run?? So far in the week Ive had it, I pull them when the display shows about 25% left and when Ive put em in the charger they all read around 3.4-3.5v left. Including the time I sleep at night Im still getting about a day and a half with my LG HE2s. Got a couple Samsung 25Rs on the way as well..

HDMontana - the 3100mah Efests arent the LGs. The LGs are the 2500mah so called '35amp' ones..

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
I havent tried to charge in mine yet as I have a Nitecore D2 but thats good to know, it may come in handy one day at work if I ever leave my spare battery at home.
How long did it take to recharge it, and how low did you let the battery run?? So far in the week Ive had it, I pull them when the display shows about 25% left and when Ive put em in the charger they all read around 3.4-3.5v left. Including the time I sleep at night Im still getting about a day and a half with my LG HE2s. Got a couple Samsung 25Rs on the way as well..

HDMontana - the 3100mah Efests arent the LGs. The LGs are the 2500mah so called '35amp' ones..

Gimme a day or so and ill find out how long they last. As of right now it took a couple hrs or so to charge up the battery, but I was vaping on it also, so it took longer, and my batteries weren't dead just yet. Ill try tonite once I kill a battery or two off and really see how well and how long it takes to charge.
..Just waiting on my charger in the mail right now..

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
As far as charging goes, my Sony VTC3 battery lasted me all day @ 12.9w. I was able to get the battery indicator to show no battery life about 10+ fires before I finally plugged it in due to weak hits. Brought it home and took around 3 and a half hours to charge, and that's with me vaping on it also. All and all, I'm pretty happy I got this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread