Sigelei Mini 30W

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
How low in voltage can we go with these batteries? What will be the lowest voltage we can go with vaping at around 10-14 watts.
I run the mini till it either will not fire anymore or it is convenient to plug into a USB port. That is the great thing about regulated devices is they will not let the batteries get too low before shutting down.

That is what you mean yes?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I run the mini till it either will not fire anymore or it is convenient to plug into a USB port. That is the great thing about regulated devices is they will not let the batteries get too low before shutting down.

That is what you mean yes?
I want to check the battery voltage when it shows really low and see how low it really is. On my Cloupor, the battery voltage is about 3.5v when it shuts down. I want to see how low the Sigelei 30w goes.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Dropped my Sigelei Mini last night. Slipped out of my hand over 6ft high while trying to stop something from falling and my KF4 blew up on the wood floor and my battery and rolled away. Picked everything up and I think the only casualty was the plastic tank. Not a scratch on the mini...

Reactions: TrollDragon

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Great to hear everything survived except for the tank. I'd watch that battery while you use it and don't charge it unattended till you can verify it does not get hot.

If you have any doubts, toss it away and use a new battery. Better safe than sorry and 18650's are inexpensive.
First thing I did was charge the battery it and that was good. I have 5 tanks coming from Fasttech hopefully this week. Can't believe the mini didn't get damaged at all. Didn't have the sleeve on it either. I guess the KF4 took the hit only.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I am sorry to admit I do not really like my Sigelei 30.
For a long time I used tube mods, but finally saw an iStick 30 clone for $25 and decided to give a try to box mode. I have found out I love it. So, I bought Sigelei 30. It is a disappointment. Floating pin (I had nice expectations about it) works intermittently. (Do you know some fix?). It's (bad word) idea about memory settings is disgusting. Almost impossible to remove a battery without scratching. Awful grayish jacket on a black mod (but its not really important for me, do not use it anyway).
Any recommendations? I'd like to like my Sigelei, but for now cheap iStick clone beats it easily in everything.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I like mine. The 510 pin works great. What's wrong with yours? I like the memory settings. I have mine set at 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5 and 12 watts. I use 2 KF4's and I adjust the mini with-in that range.
I use Kafuyns 4 and Taifun GT2. The pin often does not make contact and I have to play with screws on atties. iStick and Vamo are always good with the same atties.
As for memory - I understand it is a thing of personal preferences.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
510 pin is moving, not stuck.
Battery ribbon fastened to body almost exactly under battery, not much use of it. I now use another ribbon - putting it under battery. It works, but poor engineering decisions do irritate me.
Fastened to the body?? How so? You've definitely got a 'one-off' cause the 2 I have are near perfect. I'd see about getting a replacement before its too late, it really is an awesome mod and sounds like you got an exception that slipped through the QC line..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread