Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I think a lot depends on the atty that you're using, too. A few months ago, I was still using t3s tanks and probably didn't vape more than 2 mls a day. But once I got a GS Air, my juice usage increased exponentially! It definitely uses more juice, but a big part of that is that the flavor is such a huge improvement that I want to vape more.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I think a lot depends on the atty that you're using, too. A few months ago, I was still using t3s tanks and probably didn't vape more than 2 mls a day. But once I got a GS Air, my juice usage increased exponentially! It definitely uses more juice, but a big part of that is that the flavor is such a huge improvement that I want to vape more.
Exactly!

Reactions: Oregon Linda

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thanks for the replies.
I was just wondering about the efficiency of the device. I never thought about the atty though.
I know I am abnormal in juice consumption. I don't even make a decent tootie puffer.
But what ever works, works.
Nothing abnormal about your juice consumption at all. I'd like to go back to the days of the Nautilus Mini and a 30ml bottle lasting almost 2 weeks but that is not going to happen. If you can get 4 days out of the mini then that is excellent, you would never get that out of an eGo type battery.

I was in my local B&M the other day, one of the cloud chasers there goes through about 25 mls a day and carries 8 to 10 18650's with him. Now that is abnormal juice consumption if you ask me, but it works for him so it's all good. :)

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Thanks for the replies.
I was just wondering about the efficiency of the device. I never thought about the atty though.
I know I am abnormal in juice consumption. I don't even make a decent tootie puffer.
But what ever works, works.

Id say its pretty efficient. When I was using my Kayfun 4s I could easily get over a days use with my 25Rs and HE2/4s running around 12-15w. Id go through maybe a tank per day. Now with my RDAs, I get just under a full day with a 25R and a little less than that with my LGs running around 20w. I dont even wanna know how much juice I go through now, Im just glad I make my own so I dont really have to worry about it. Im jobless at the moment so Im pretty much vaping constantly throughout the day.

tldr

battery recomendation for a sig mini 30 ?

usb port = too slow to charge ?

usb port = fragile ?

battery wrap on a newish undamaged cell = non necessary ?

hey there Vu , i just ordered a sig mini 30 and i was curious what batterys y'all would recommend . in the past i have enjoyed ordering my batterys from this place , which a while back i was under the impression it was the best place for this stuff but i havent ordered in a few months :

Liion Wholesale Batteries | Li-ion battery distributor

i am a little out of touch as far as what is a good value / smart choice and all that but for me , i obviously want safety and then not having to constantly charge it is something i would consider . i am under the impression they are releasing new cells often , i am prolly wrong though .

i had a bad experience with a usb port failing on a smok m80 i got , so i am not sure about even using the micro usb charge port on the sig mini , but i am still curious about using this charge method , if anyone has had issue with a usb failing , especially on this device .

i was thinking maybe usb charging is slower than if one was to use a intellicore i2 .

i did see a phone cradle thing that would enable one to set the unit on this cradle that has the micro usb on it with a 1.5 foot extention cable . it was maybe 4 dollars and looked like a must have for any bottom usb port mod , but ... one could also asemble something like that out of scrap wood or get creative with some gumption i suppose . it isnt designed for a mod its for a phone so ... prolly not i deal but still , seems better than failure from a fall with the cable attached which i dont think that was the case with mine but ... you never know i have a cat and maybe he knocked it over and put it back when i was at the store buyinmg CASES of temptations treats in many varietys for him .

curious about those battery wraps , as none of my cells have any damage , is there an advantage to that ? should i order those wraps or ...

sorry for beggin for so much info , i am really burned out from reading for 12 hours straight today .

this 19 page thread is going to have to wait till coffee time in the wakie time which has been like 6 pm lately due to back pain flare ups . so yeah , thanks so much in advance .

tldr

battery recomendation for a sig mini 30 ?

usb port = too slow to charge ?

usb port = fragile ?

battery wrap on a newish undamaged cell = non necessary ?

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Petey, I use Samsung 25R batteries in mine and really like them. I've never used the USB port to charge, though. I much prefer just changing batteries and using my Nitecore charger. I don't see any reason to wrap an undamaged cell. Sometimes the wrap can wear out or start to fray from changing them over time, though. Then it is probably a good idea to rewrap them.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
o_O
Petey, I use Samsung 25R batteries in mine and really like them. I've never used the USB port to charge, though. I much prefer just changing batteries and using my Nitecore charger. I don't see any reason to wrap an undamaged cell. Sometimes the wrap can wear out or start to fray from changing them over time, though. Then it is probably a good idea to rewrap them.
I wanted all my batteries one color. The other reason was just because I could...

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I charge the mini through the USB port and it works fine. I find the compartment is quite tight to be taking batteries in and out of.

Yes, that is a really tight battery compartment. I've torn my fingernails a couple times getting the battery back out. I guess that's what that little ribbon is for. :D (Although, pbusardo got so frustrated with it in his review that he cut it off).

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Still loving my sig mini, and the ribbon is a must. My ONLY complaint is the button, its a little wonky, shows a lot of wear, and sometimes has a delay to fire.

Ill second that! The chrome plating on both of my fire buttons is heavily wearing off and you can see the brass or whatever it is underneath now. My first one started doing it after about a month or two, and my newest one I bought at the end of March lasted a little longer but its pretty worn off now as well. But to be fair, that things in my hand being fired constantly and my fingers can gunk up a new set of guitar strings in no time too. Ive got acid or something seeping out of my skin. :D

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ill second that! The chrome plating on both of my fire buttons is heavily wearing off and you can see the brass or whatever it is underneath now. My first one started doing it after about a month or two, and my newest one I bought at the end of March lasted a little longer but its pretty worn off now as well. But to be fair, that things in my hand being fired constantly and my fingers can gunk up a new set of guitar strings in no time too. Ive got acid or something seeping out of my skin. :D

Some people really do! Wow, the strings from guitarists are frightening, lol! People have handed me their guitar and the strings are growing creeping crud. And they just changed them a few days ago.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Some people really do! Wow, the strings from guitarists are frightening, lol! People have handed me their guitar and the strings are growing creeping crud. And they just changed them a few days ago.

Haha yeah one of my best friends gets nasty. The last time I picked up his 7 string the bridge itself was totally corroded and rusting. Playing fast death metal combined with alot of sweating can get really gnarly hah!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Still loving my sig mini, and the ribbon is a must. My ONLY complaint is the button, its a little wonky, shows a lot of wear, and sometimes has a delay to fire.

Mine has a little wobble to it but the finish has not wore any.. minor scratches.. and I use this mod more than any other.. its my goto..

I was going to get the Smok M50, then i heard about problems with the firing button falling off(plus it comes with a rubber replacement at that!!) So I'm glad i got the Siglelei Mini!!

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread