Sigelei Moonshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I'm very interested in this ugly little dude. Hopefully, it gets down around the $30 mark before long.

The biggest complaint I've read about is the awkward build. I daily carried a veritas for quite awhile so I thought building the moonshot looked simple. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
You seriously think the moonshot is an ugly device???
You're honestly the absolute first person I've ever heard say anything even remotely like that. I think it's one of the best looking toppers out there.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
thanks! yeah,, i thought it was a little weird the 70w,, but then again maybe it was intended as a crossover for drippers to tanks.........i dunno :) i do build my own UGLY coils that work fine ,, they seem to wander .25-.75 ohms.......for me lower is better,, but i accept my unpredictable fingers limits :) i just adjust the watts for what ever coil i built.

i bought some 1.0 coils for a rda,, my topbox kept refusing it.......i dunno.
I don't know where you guys are getting this 70 watt thing from...literally everywhere I've seen it saids the recommended wattage range is from 30 WATTS-200 watts. So I think whoever first said the 70 watts thing just made a mistake.

Reactions: Km00

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Have you actually TRIED to use it with 30 watts?

Yep, I have it on a DNA 200 in temp control. Dual SS 316L 2.5mm spaced coils at 430f with anything from 30-55w. It's got a ton of air so I do close it tighter the lower I go in wattage but it can hum right along at 30w all day if you want.
20160402_085717-1200x1600.jpg

VaporDaze

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2015
Denver, CO
Got one yesterday as my first RTA and absolutely love it. Tried to stay away from building on tanks in fear of leaking but I put a couple claptons, wicked it up, and no leaks! Flavor is absolutely amazing, clouds are pretty good too! Running it at 55-65w and it's great, I don't mind the 2ml capacity since the Arctic V8 mini that ive been using was only 3.5 so filling up doesn't really bother me. Drip tips also fit really snug in the top so no worries about it falling out if you decide to use one.

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You seriously think the moonshot is an ugly device???
You're honestly the absolute first person I've ever heard say anything even remotely like that. I think it's one of the best looking toppers out there.
Yup. The built in curved drip tip deal is weird. It's not bad looking with another tip on it but it's still not a looker. Haha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I am used to small capacity tanks. I ran a nano kit on the R91 for a long time, and I run a small herd of mini goblins on a regular basis. This atty plows through juice in record pace. It is a pita to build on. But, it is actually pretty good overall. Aside from building it - everything comes apart easy, and the threads are all good. The airflow cap on the bottom pops right off, and because of the way the airflow works, if you do get a little bit of a leak you can pop the bottom cap and run it under a thin bead of water right through the airflow and clean it out without any issues. It is top fill. There is a lot of room to build in for a tiny tank. You're just going to have long leads because of the way the airflow holes are set up. Hooked ceramic tweezers make pinching up the coils easy so you can get even pressure without deforming them. (Because you have to partially assemble it to fire it)

Do I like it better than a mini goblin? No. Do I like it a lot less? No. It is just different, and allows building in different ways than the teensy tiny build deck of the gob. I don't have dozens of tanks to compare it to.

My one word of warning is to tighten, and re-tighten, and re-tighten your leads. I had some issues running Ti / temp control with the moonshot because of this. It was giving me fits. If you are using Ti, you gotta CRANK it down like you mean it.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I got the air bubbles too. love the flavor out of the Moonshot!! :thumbs: But the first buid was troubling, kept getting the short message, I fixed it, found the positive post was crooked and barley touching, no problem it is fixed now!

But now I went through my first tank, no leaks! I only refilled it and now I got a leak? I had the AFC closed when refilling it, but I will admit I topped it off, I only had a small air bubble on top, next time I am going to NOT fill it so much, anybody else have this problem?

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I am hoping! All I did was remove the top fill cap with the AFC closed. like I said, it was not leaking before the refill? But it was not bad, just a little ring around the base. I opened the top again to let some air in, seemed to stop. I have about half a tank, will try to refill it again, but this time I will NOT fill it so much and see if that was my fault(user error)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread