Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I was amazed at how small this thing is...was thinking the top fill cap would be a pia to get off but nope, easier than some of my other attys. Build was actually quite simple and easy, I placed the build deck on top of the deck cover with allen key through the juice flow holes for more elevation and less movement.

the build deck is tiny however, was only able to fit regular 24gauge kanthals 7 wraps 0.35ohms. Flavor is pretty darn good due to the short chimney and small deck. Alot of cloudzzz...

Some pics, Alleria on lavabox, Moonshot on Vaporshark. Pardon the teddy bear kleenex.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I'm gonna retract what I said about easy to build. Forgot to close the airflow control while filling and left the tank there with the top fill cap open to go wash my hands, came back, juice all over my mod.

Decided to try a different build. This thing is a pain to build with larger gauge coils. Ran out of 24 so tried 26, no matter what I do the coils seem to always cause a short somewhere. Don't have a blow torch to make the coils easier to manage and they are just way too springy. Gonna have to get more 24s

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity
I'm gonna retract what I said about easy to build. Forgot to close the airflow control while filling and left the tank there with the top fill cap open to go wash my hands, came back, juice all over my mod.

Decided to try a different build. This thing is a pain to build with larger gauge coils. Ran out of 24 so tried 26, no matter what I do the coils seem to always cause a short somewhere. Don't have a blow torch to make the coils easier to manage and they are just way too springy. Gonna have to get more 24s

I had short in mine but was not the coil! I had to disassemble the build deck and re-assemble it. It was the positive post had a slight angle and was barely touching the deck, after that no problem! that hole in the post is also the way to tighten the deck together! Try this it might help. I too also am having the leakage issue, but I am determined to find the right solution! Because when you do the flavor out of this is awesome! Good luck!!!!

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
I built mine with 26awg SS & the hardest part for me was getting the wires captured properly. The thinner gauge wanted to slip to the side of the posts between the screw thread vs directly under in the flat part. It took a few tries but it's been working for a while with no problems otherwise.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
so if it slips between the screw thread and post, will it cause a short? With thinner wires I also find the screws to tear them during adjustment so the entire coil comes off..

I've been going at it for 30 min with 26 gauge and its just a huge PIA. I'm done with it, going to wait for my 24 gauge.

I don't get how some reviewers are doing 3mm IADs with 13 wraps (this one reviewer using ni200). With 3mm IADs the top chimney pushes the coils onto the bottom airflow causing a short for me.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
I've been doing ok with a 2.5mm build - 26 gauge kanthal (its been good for a week now)
I started off trying to do a 3mm build with 24 gauge... ran into some technical difficulties... lol
scrapped that and I ended up going for the more conservative build with 26 gauge.
Its working great... waiting on some ss316 and see how it does with temp control

tonyc

(.7 ohms - 50 watts - wicked with rayon... no leaks - awesome flavor)

Last edited:

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
so if it slips between the screw thread and post, will it cause a short? With thinner wires I also find the screws to tear them during adjustment so the entire coil comes off..

I've been going at it for 30 min with 26 gauge and its just a huge PIA. I'm done with it, going to wait for my 24 gauge.

I don't get how some reviewers are doing 3mm IADs with 13 wraps (this one reviewer using ni200). With 3mm IADs the top chimney pushes the coils onto the bottom airflow causing a short for me.

I don't think it would short but I had some problems with shorting as well on that build that I assumed was from the coils touching the sides not the wore capture. I don't remember now but it's very possible I have 3mm inner diameter coils in there now but I'd have to tear it down to tell you, if I remember when I rewick I'll update the post. Long story short I had to fiddle with it a few times to get it right but it's been awesome since then.

gold1304

Jun 26, 2013
United States
for anyone having atty short problem, there are 4 tabs inside the barrel that guide it to open/close juice channels/holes.if these tabs are next to your positive post, it will cause atty short. so insert the barrel so that these tabs are around air tubes. no more atty short!:)
ps: please bare with my english. i'm not a native english speaker :)

Reactions: FiReSTaRT

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
for anyone having atty short problem, there are 4 tabs inside the barrel that guide it to open/close juice channels/holes.if these tabs are next to your positive post, it will cause atty short. so insert the barrel so that these tabs are around air tubes. no more atty short!:)
ps: please bare with my english. i'm not a native english speaker :)

I know what you mean gold and you were right. theres 2 grooves on the inside of the deck cover. I thought it was supposed to go over the post holes and lock the deck in place while screwing the cover onto the bottom piece but nope, its supposed to go over the airflow holes...

I was beginning to think either I had a bad unit or my coil installation skill has seriously deteriorated bc no matter what i do, short, short, short...

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I picked one of these up this weekend. After 3-4 different builds I finally got a 7 wrap 26AWG NiFe48/52 in there and stuffed with a whole ton of cotton.

While getting the wires captured and the coils pre-aligned is a challenge, getting the "just right" amount of wicking is paramount to be able to fill/use the tank! More than a few times I watched in dismay the juice running out the air holes while I was reaching for the top cap. On my last build I switched from a 60/40 blend to a 97/3 blend (hopefully slow down the leak) however now that the wick is saturated I'm stressing on my 1st refill.

Awesome flavor and vapor production, somewhat fiddly assembly and build area. I'm driving mine with 40W @ 430F.

gold1304

Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    I know what you mean gold and you were right. theres 2 grooves on the inside of the deck cover. I thought it was supposed to go over the post holes and lock the deck in place while screwing the cover onto the bottom piece but nope, its supposed to go over the airflow holes...

I was beginning to think either I had a bad unit or my coil installation skill has seriously deteriorated bc no matter what i do, short, short, short...
    Glad that i could help! i had the same train of thought that i almost gave up and ordered another one because i thought i had a bad unit. i blame Sigelei/Suprimo for not giving an instruction on this. Nonetheless, the moonshot is my daily driver now after figured out the problem! Its flavor and cloud production is hard to beat

Reactions: fishwater
    I was amazed at how small this thing is...was thinking the top fill cap would be a pia to get off but nope, easier than some of my other attys. Build was actually quite simple and easy, I placed the build deck on top of the deck cover with allen key through the juice flow holes for more elevation and less movement.

the build deck is tiny however, was only able to fit regular 24gauge kanthals 7 wraps 0.35ohms. Flavor is pretty darn good due to the short chimney and small deck. Alot of cloudzzz...

Some pics, Alleria on lavabox, Moonshot on Vaporshark. Pardon the teddy bear kleenex.

amit_k

Dec 22, 2015
    12bdf58eb75adfa9f8a0c96887a917f9.jpg

Loving this pocket dynamite [emoji7]

amit_k

Dec 22, 2015
    Mine leaks no matter what I do! Frustrating, I love the flavor and the size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It never leaked on me...I even don't bother to close afc while filling up...I use 3mm spaced SS coils for the perfect volume of wicking needed n flavor.
    But it jumps out of TC on SS and again catches with TC in some time due to change in resistance, don't understand hot legs issue maybe.

amit_k

Dec 22, 2015
    24 kanthal 8 wraps. Fourth time and it leaks. Maybe it's the unit itself??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes friend I myself am running my replacement unit now, on my first moonshot 510pin was spinning freely. Thankfully vendor sent replacement.

But regarding leak issue it's less likely to be unit fault tbh. You may also check out there's a small o-ring in middle of bottom cap where the deck sits. If it's missing then sure leaking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread