1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Sigelei VV/VW Tmax Box Mod-

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by fourthrok, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fourthrok

fourthrok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So Sigelei has come out with a VV/VW box mod with CHANGEABLE batteries (16350 according to the vendor website). ********'s said something a bit different, but I wonder if it really matters that much? http://********.blogspot.com/2013/02/rollout-sigelei-tmax-box-mod.html

Personally, I'm attracted. The metal body appeals a lot. And while there is a question about the battery type...I don't think it's a deal breaker for the average vaper who doesn't require super low resistance. Supposed to have the Zmax chip in it.

Thoughts?

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Looks like it could fill a niche. I'm not impressed with the other box mods offering vv or vv/vw except for the Ovale V8. Since the Ovale I have is Segelei made, I'll be following this one closely as they seem to get more things right than wrong when it comes to manufacturing APV's.

If given the option, I'd prefer using a 18650 imr battery. I already have 3 other mods that use that battery. I'm looking forward to seeing a PBusardo review on this and seeing what the price point will be.

3. Birchi

Birchi Full Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Look, like the look of this. I'm also looking forward to a video review or two.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

4. Mezzum

Mezzum Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ordered one, the battery configuration seems to be in dispute. The vendor said they spoke with the MFG, but all the info I can find on the web is different. When its in my hands I will try to review it.

5. fourthrok

fourthrok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I noticed that too...EVERYwhere seems to say the batteries can be 18650 or 2x18350s. So it is confusing. But I pulled the trigger too and preordered one. Often things can get lost in translation...even talking with a mfr. on the phone...in China, especially. We shall see! Even if it turns out that it really does take only 16340s...oh well! Still a cool looking mod with cool features! At least I hope so!

6. jakerock

jakerock Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That thing looks great.... Where did you preorder?
    Oh... found it. Looking forward to further info. I like box style mods!

7. lynch

lynch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. Trick

Trick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looks like they're making some design changes. At the time of the pre-order it was only designed to take an 18350, and their marketing materials were just wrong, as confirmed with Sigelei reps.

Due to a major uproar over their mod being crap, it looks like they've gone back to the drawing board with it.

9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

This is good news. Source of your information?

10. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Any updates as to when this will be available with vendors?

11. Zurd

Zurd Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  12. Destro

Destro Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. Syzygy

Syzygy Full Member

Just ordered one from exhale. The site says it takes an 18350 and an 18650 AND that the 18350 space can be used to store a cartomizer. It looks like separate compartments. Basically, whiskey tango foxtrot :)

14. StrangeShay

StrangeShay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

it has 2 battery compartments, you can put an 18650 in one, an 18350 in the other. If you have both batteries loaded and one dies you switch the cap to the other and continue vaping.

15. PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So, one cap is able to complete the circuit, while the other has no coil? Is that what you mean by switching caps?

16. StrangeShay

StrangeShay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

That was my understanding of how it works.

: ovale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.