Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairmana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Thanks for the heads-up on that deal from Vaporrange Doc. What a great price! I just bought one for my Dad who's still vaping the V3. I tried to get him a V5 a while back but he didn't want one cuz he says he's happy with his two V3's. For ten bucks, he's getting a V5 whether he want's one or not. :)

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
np Mana, glad you got one........still up on the site, oh so tempting
I came here to check on what's new and ended up at Vaporange. $9.99 is crazy, shipped. It will be here on Friday. It'll go in the drawer with my extra Tobecco KV4's for 9.99. The crime is what the shops charged for these when they were new. I'll probably get a box mod when they hit $10, maybe.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Yep, pricing of vaping gear is just amazing. I figure a V5 selling at $9.99 must have cost the vendor $5.00. So how much did it cost Sigelei to make a V5 in China? Under $2.50?

I don't think the vendors are bad guys. It probably cost them a lot more to buy V3s and V5s wholesale two and three years ago.

The Sigelei Zmax line no longer appears at Sigelei's US website.
Sigelei products: US website

But if you go to the Chinese website what do you see?
Sigelei products: Chinese website

Yep. That's a real big page chock full of V5 information and photos. I loved "A riotous color, five color options."

So, it seems like a lower power rig still has a lot of legs in parts of the world where high power vaping isn't a real big deal.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
These fall under the same umbrella as consumer electronics, The difference being the technology doesn't really change , just reconfigured and repackaged. They're not like a phone , computer, etc., when they change the technology usually upgrades. I'll have two with me tomorrow while on Lake Erie trolling for walleye. Old guy, old boat, and old mods.:cool:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Old guy, old boat, and old mods.:cool:
I couldn't agree with you more. Mine is a 1955 model year.
DSC00679.jpg

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
!979 StarCraft fiberglass 16' bowrider with a Merc 700 same vintage rescued from a garage in Buffalo NY where it sat for about 12 years. Mine for the past two and a half years, rehabbed to near original by my son and myself and outfitted for fishing. The kid I couldn't get to sit still for 30 seconds while fishing when he was 7-8 years old(I gave up taking him) now is obsessed at age 22, go figure. He's a great fishing partner now.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Yeah, boats and families make great stories. I bought the boat (26' 1955 Chris-Craft Sedan Cruiser) in 1996 in decrepit shape for $3200. That year I had to decide upon spending money on a new Apple Performa or a new (old ) boat. I bought the boat. I took all of the varnish down to bare wood and the paint to the lead primer, which I left intact (nothing better than lead primer). This was my project during the first month of ownership.

transomrepair.jpg

The months moved on...

fun002.jpg

fun001.jpg

newstain002.jpg

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The instrument panel on the helm station was cracked in half, so I made a new one.

instrumentpanel.jpg

The boat was pretty much restored by 2003.

Here is the cockpit in 2011. I still smoked, then. See the Bic lighter and Camel Lights pack?

IMG014sm.jpg

Here is the new transom.

transomsm.jpg

The boat runs a Chrysler Marine 250" straight six, updraft carb and standard ignition. Solar power at anchor and Type I sanitation requiring no holding tank. The boat is good for 7 days away from port. It needs fresh block ice for refrigeration after that. No AC.

Last edited:

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
Love that Bike. I have an 81 Suzuki GS750 thats been stored since 1999. Is it worth anything?
Depends on condition, and the market. You have to remember these were mass produced bikes, but there are fewer of them around. I know that I'd never get what I have into it, that's why at 64 I still enjoy it.
ps: I have to put it away next week, shoulder surgery the 31st. I'll still be able to get out on the lake.

Reactions: ricks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread