Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Received my 9.99 V5 today, it's a black one. Hard to tell if it's not a clone, no sigelei markings other than the box. It works.

Vapor Range wont have sigelei clones. Theyre a legit Sig dealer and theyre somehow tied to Asmodus who handles Sigs US warranty repair/replacement. Im pretty sure VR and Asmodus are the same company just different names for whatever reason. They even share the same warehouse address here in So Cal. VR is a straight retail outlet, where Asmodus makes a few original mods, and does the repair thing. The very few things Asmodus does sell are usually a couple bucks more than buying straight from Vapor Range.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Vapor Range wont have Sigelei clones. Theyre a legit Sig dealer and theyre somehow tied to Asmodus who handles Sigs US warranty repair/replacement. Im pretty sure VR and Asmodus are the same company just different names for whatever reason. They even share the same warehouse address here in So Cal. VR is a straight retail outlet, where Asmodus makes a few original mods, and does the repair thing. The very few things Asmodus does sell are usually a couple bucks more than buying straight from Vapor Range.

Very Interesting

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Thanks for the heads-up on that deal from Vaporrange Doc. What a great price! I just bought one for my Dad who's still vaping the V3. I tried to get him a V5 a while back but he didn't want one cuz he says he's happy with his two V3's. For ten bucks, he's getting a V5 whether he want's one or not. :)
Just heard about the Vapor Range blowout on these mods over at the [URL='https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/attack-of-the-kayfun-v4-clones.634516/page-217#post-16206188']Attack of the (Kayfun v4) Clones! thread. I bought one to give away- it's nice to be able to gift a new device to someone. I resisted buying more so others could hopefully get in on them, but if they're still around at the end of the week I'll get another one. In the meantime, I'll peruse this thread for tips, etc.[/URL]

I'm going to keep an eye on Vapor Range- not just for their killer deals like this mod and the Tobeco Kayfun v4 sale they had recently ($9.95 each, free shipping!)- but to support them by buying anything I can from them. They deserve it IMHO.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
No idea why the entire second paragraph of my post above is a link to the same page as the link in the first paragraph... weird. Anyway, yesterday I received my v5 from VR- I can't believe they can ship in just two days! That's the good news. The bad news is the 510 threading was stripped at the very beginning of the threads. Maybe it was a return or was somehow damaged from the factory, either way it took some delicate dremeling to get it to accept an atty. Now that the threads are cleaned up well enough that I can attach an atty, I'll finish the job by chasing them w/a tap. Other than that, it looks and vapes good and is a real bargain at $10.00 delivered. No one's going to be subohming w/it but for what it is, I like it a lot. The only thing I don't care for is the chromed plastic fire button. It looks out of place on an otherwise nicely built mod.

This may be common knowledge but these do not come w/the adapter to charge a cell phone. However the menu has the selection/option, so if you get the adapter elsewhere you're good to go.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
No idea why the entire second paragraph of my post above is a link to the same page as the link in the first paragraph... weird. Anyway, yesterday I received my v5 from VR- I can't believe they can ship in just two days! That's the good news. The bad news is the 510 threading was stripped at the very beginning of the threads. Maybe it was a return or was somehow damaged from the factory, either way it took some delicate dremeling to get it to accept an atty. Now that the threads are cleaned up well enough that I can attach an atty, I'll finish the job by chasing them w/a tap. Other than that, it looks and vapes good and is a real bargain at $10.00 delivered. No one's going to be subohming w/it but for what it is, I like it a lot. The only thing I don't care for is the chromed plastic fire button. It looks out of place on an otherwise nicely built mod.

This may be common knowledge but these do not come w/the adapter to charge a cell phone. However the menu has the selection/option, so if you get the adapter elsewhere you're good to go.

I got one V5 like that from Desert Vapes a long time ago. Was surprised to see that on a brand new unit.

Reactions: cobalt327

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Cobalt, id send Vaporrange an email on the Sig, they most likely will send you another one......they're customer service is amazing
You know, I thought about doing just that. But I decided to- this time- just repair it myself. I already got an absolutely killer deal from them on the Tobeco KFv4s they had for $9.95 so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
After looking at those $75.00 v5s, I noticed in the specs they say:

- Built in Ohm Meter by pressing the “+” button for more than 3 seconds
– Battery Level Indicator by pressing the “-“ button for more than 3 seconds

Maybe that's why they're $75.00, but still I think $10.00 like I paid for mine (w/o charge adapter) is a better deal. :D

Reactions: VapieDan

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I'm not well versed on Sigelei products so if possible can you tell me what the differences are between the v3 and v5? I know the v3 doesn't support recharging and the top rings are a bit differently shaped, so other than that what is there? Is there a v4 in there anywhere?

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
I'm not well versed on Sigelei products so if possible can you tell me what the differences are between the v3 and v5? I know the v3 doesn't support recharging and the top rings are a bit differently shaped, so other than that what is there? Is there a v4 in there anywhere?

There is no V4. Four is an unlucky number for the Chinese. The performance of the V3 and V5 is the same. As you stated the V5 has external charging with adapter. The V5 also displays more items on the screen while in use. The V3 can only display one thing at a time (selectable) such as battery voltage, resistance etc. As far as general use and quality there is no difference.

Reactions: cobalt327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread