Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
just saw that ecigcharleston still has SS Zs for 9.99...with 20% off that's 7.99 plus 1.99 ship...........my flesh tells me to buy a half dozen
I guess this thread should actually be called "Zmax Horders". If I buy any more of them I'll have to give them out for Halloween or Christmas. :rolleyes: They don't break down. I just did some plumbing on the bathroom sink, and the thing slipped into the sink full of water. Two days later it was dried out and vaping again.:hubba: Good thing I had a stash of backups to use until it dried out. LOL My motivation for buying is what I paid for my original V5 from a vape shop,:-x ouch.

Reactions: aikanae1

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Two of my five Sigelei Zmax Telescopics have been in exclusive use for periods greater than one year. The first is a V3. It now needs a switch replacement. The second is a V5. This one has been in exclusive use for 16 months but the original switch failed after four months. This V5 is the one I'm using right now. I replaced the original switch with an Omron switch. My two other V3s and a V5 are spares kept in reserve. All have the durable brushed stainless steel finish.

I wouldn't say that these rigs don't break down. There is too much evidence to the contrary in this thread. However, it is safe to say that V3s and V5s represent very good value for the money compared to other rigs of the same power class. It seems that after a year or two of exclusive use most Provari users get their rigs repaired or chuck them into the dinosaur drawer.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
When the history of ecigs is written there will definately be a chapter for Sigelei Zmax. I'm not that impressed with high wattage low ohms or tc, at least not enough to throw my zmax or provari into the dinosaur drawer. I just am not experiencing life altering vaping improvement over what has been working for me.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: yzer

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I was a collector of briar smoking pipes in the 1980s. During that time huge taxes were imposed on pipe tobacco in England. The size of pipes got quite small to conserve tobacco. If heavy taxes hit the vaping market I expect many will return to high ohm low watt devices to conserve E liquid.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I have similar attitudes regarding vapor production. I vape at 6.5 watts with a 2.0 ohm carto tank. That's no where near top power for a Sigelei V3 or V5. I like the simplicity of having to refill the tank once a day. Changing out cartos at 7-10 days is no biggie. My rig produces a volume of exhaled vapor that is larger than the volume of smoke I used to produce with those awful Camel Lights. I don't want to waste a lot of juice that I'm just going to exhale, anyway. I don't want maximum amounts of surplus vapor. I don't need to fog up the windows and mirrors with in the house with glycerin any more than I do now. I hate cleaning glass.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
I have similar attitudes regarding vapor production. I vape at 6.5 watts with a 2.0 ohm carto tank. That's no where near top power for a Sigelei V3 or V5. I like the simplicity of having to refill the tank once a day. Changing out cartos at 7-10 days is no biggie. My rig produces a volume of exhaled vapor that is larger than the volume of smoke I used to produce with those awful Camel Lights. I don't want to waste a lot of juice that I'm just going to exhale, anyway. I don't want maximum amounts of surplus vapor. I don't need to fog up the windows and mirrors with in the house with glycerin any more than I do now. I hate cleaning glass.

Between my wife and I, we have four V5s with Tobeco Kayfun V4 clones that I coil at 1.6ohms and vape at 7.5 watts. My diy juice is 50/50 pg/vg 3mg nic 5% flavor. My wife loves her cherry flavor, even though it gunks the coils. I keep two flavors going, Green Tea/Blackberry 50/50 and Virginia Tobacco/Bourbon Vanilla 50/50, both smooth and low maintenance. I can take both of mine out in the boat for a full day of fishing without hauling supplies with me. Try that with some of the steam engines people use now.:rolleyes:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013

I am not around any smokers any more. I was in a restaurant with a window booth and a lady was smoking outside just a few feet away. I watched her closely. There was little exhaled smoke. Far less volume than a high ohm low watt device. What are we shooting for?

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
I am not around any smokers any more. I was in a restaurant with a window booth and a lady was smoking outside just a few feet away. I watched her closely. There was little exhaled smoke. Far less volume than a high ohm low watt device. What are we shooting for?
Speaking for myself, a certain flavor profile that satisfies a need to replace cigs. The ecig does turn into a habit. Not like I had when smoking, but I do find it satisfying in it's own way. Even at low nic and flavor profile. DIY, helps you create your own comfort zone. You can see that by my own flavor choices. No banana split, bubble gum, ectoplasm kiddie candy poop when I want to enjoy my vapor pacifier.:laugh:

Reactions: BackDoc

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
good point Dan "what are we shooting for", Putting the cloud chasing hipsters aside, I think we ultimately want an analog experience without the negative consequences .....The longer we smoked the more orally fixated and chemically dependent we became. Once the cartotanks and mods came out I was able to kick the habit completely( the Ego was close but didn't quite cut it for me)......Although (lord Willing) ill never go back to cigarettes I must admit that in retrospect I still crave,if you will, that relaxation during and after a smoke.....

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
good point Dan "what are we shooting for", Putting the cloud chasing hipsters aside, I think we ultimately want an analog experience without the negative consequences .....The longer we smoked the more orally fixated and chemically dependent we became. Once the cartotanks and mods came out I was able to kick the habit completely( the Ego was close but didn't quite cut it for me)......Although (lord Willing) ill never go back to cigarettes I must admit that in retrospect I still crave,if you will, that relaxation during and after a smoke.....

I think the craving you refer to is the intense nicotine hit from a cigarette. I don't think that can be duplicated with vaping although very high nicotine levels can help a new vaper. On the plus side vaping reminds me of when I smoked a pipe and did not inhale. One took an hour or more to enjoy a pipe and of course reload and start again. It was a slow relaxing experience. Vaping strikes me the same. Long and slow.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
I think the craving you refer to is the intense nicotine hit from a cigarette. I don't think that can be duplicated with vaping although very high nicotine levels can help a new vaper. On the plus side vaping reminds me of when I smoked a pipe and did not inhale. One took an hour or more to enjoy a pipe and of course reload and start again. It was a slow relaxing experience. Vaping strikes me the same. Long and slow.
The nic theory wasn't part of my getting in to vaping. I was already 5 years off of cigs and looking for something that could help my wife break her addiction. Vaping is what did the trick. I took it up because I had to maintain the equipment. The early carts and battery crap kept me busy. So then you and the equipment evolve to where we are today. I'm over 8 1/2 years Tabbaco free and my wife 3 years. I'm a tinkerer by nature, so this is another hobby.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I am a tinkerer, experimenter and DIY'er myself but not so much when it comes to vaping. When I smoked I just bought the things and smoked them. I didn't roll my own or grow my own tobacco. i see vaping the same way. Sure, I'll repair a V3 or V5 with a worn out switch and DIY my juice, but that's about it. Otherwise, I want to spend as little time as possible occupied by the vaping hobby. That frees up time for tinkering with the boat, building current controlled handheld lasers, rigging better shortwave antennas, flying mini quadcopters and gardening.

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
I am a tinkerer, experimenter and DIY'er myself but not so much when it comes to vaping. When I smoked I just bought the things and smoked them. I didn't roll my own or grow my own tobacco. i see vaping the same way. Sure, I'll repair a V3 or V5 with a worn out switch and DIY my juice, but that's about it. Otherwise, I want to spend as little time as possible occupied by the vaping hobby. That frees up time for tinkering with the boat, building current controlled handheld lasers, rigging better shortwave antennas, flying mini quadcopters and gardening.

I replace a coil an rewick in less than 5 minutes, not much longer than changing out a coil in a k anger tech tank

Stiksave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
I pulled the plugs on the Mercury 70 and cleaned them, adjusted the mercontrol cable and filled the main gas tank and the one on nissan 5hp. Cut the lawn. I'm limited on what I'm able to do right now. I had rotator cuff surgery July 31st. I won't get a medical release until november. So I have plenty of tinker time, and fishing, weather permiting.

Last edited:

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
I started writing a book when I was still smoking , smoking helped my creative flow in some strange way. A life altering event happened 4 years ago and the book went on hold.............I guess my point is that Vaping in some small way helps my writing in a way cigarettes did now that things are better. I never intended it to be a hobby though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread