Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Vapor Range still has some close-out V3s available for $9.95 as well. I would consider this to also be a good price for replacement V3 electronics. The V3 boards should fit into a V5 body just fine although I haven't tried this. https://www.vaporrange.com/Sigelei-ZMAX-V3-Telescopic-Variable-Mod-p/sigelei-zmaxv3.htm

I haven't seen close-out V5s available for quite a while. Spring was the last hurrah for those, it seems.

fasttech is still selling V5s for $47.97. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011165/1549001-authentic-sigelei-zmax-v5-telescopic-variable

Varitube probably sold the V3 longer than anyone else. They don't stock it anymore and never stocked the V5.

I'm still using my first V5 with the Omron switch mod. Still have an unused V5 and two V3s for backups.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Reflecting back into the vaping past...
I still have my first Sigelei Zmax which is a brushed stainless V3. I used it for a year. I purchased my first brushed SS V5 in April, 2014. I like this one because it has the stainless steel button and laser etched logos. The original switch died four months later and I replaced it with the Omron switch. So, I have four months of use on this V5 with its original switch and another 14 months of use with the replacement switch.

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Reflecting back into the vaping past...
I still have my first Sigelei Zmax which is a brushed stainless V3. I used it for a year. I purchased my first brushed SS V5 in April, 2014. I like this one because it has the stainless steel button and laser etched logos. The original switch died four months later and I replaced it with the Omron switch. So, I have four months of use on this V5 with its original switch and another 14 months of use with the replacement switch.

I just wish some other mods were as service friendly

Reactions: aikanae1

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
There's always the chance some horder might give up a piece from their stash. I'm seeing more and more comments from people not impressed with all the high wattage sub ohming trend appearing in different corners. I think there was a thread a day started on reddit and I don't check in daily there. I'm sure manufacturers keep an eye on various forums. In the past, Sigelei took direction from customer requests made during group buys. It's been awhile since there was one of those on ECF.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
I passed my V5 on to a good friend today who was vaping a cheap battery attached to a tank. I hadn't used it in about a year. Actually I hadn't vaped at all in about a year until I picked up a new mod the other day on a whim. It went to a good home to someone who is using it to kick analogs.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Reactions: aikanae1

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
This thread remains focused on the subject of the Sigelei Zmax telescopic V3 and V5. As much as I might like to see other Sigelei models listed, there have been other threads posted in the VV APV forum in the past regarding Sigelei models: 30W, 50W, 100W, 150W, etc., etc., etc. These models have little to do with the Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 other than the brand name. V2 and Mini are included in this thread because relatively few of these similar models were sold or the previous ECF forums for these devices have died. So, let's keep this thread on topic. It's about the Sigelei Zmax telescopic V3 and V5, with a lesser focus on the Sigelei Zmax V2 and the Sigelei Zmax Mini which share similar electronics and build qualities. Smok brand Zmax APVs are vastly different from the Sigelei counterparts and are not discussed on this forum.

I'd rather see this thread die rather than to have it become a general purpose Sigelei-Smok APV forum or a flag-waving chit-chat kitty-cat photo forum like the Provape forum. So there, I said it. If this thread ends up on page 32 of the APV VV forum I'm fine with that. Don't expect me to check in if it does.

The Sigelei V3 and V5 proved itself to be the equal of the Provari V1-V2.5 at much less cost with the same or better degree of reliability or serviceability. Maybe the time for 5-15W tube mods is past with the latest vaping generation. I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
I Respectfully disagree yzer, matty was merely pointing us in the direction of a discontinued?/discounted Sigelei , that resembled a Zmax(the brand we know and love) I don't think he was aware of the parameters of said post.........that being said I for look forward to the occasional post here regarding a Zmax deal etc...and my world is not shaken by an off "focused" post because I know the many experts here, you included will bring it back around. I use a Zmax V2 , V3, and V5 in daily rotation and have a collection of them unopened ( that may be a personal problem:)) As well I collect all things Sig, from the bulky TMax, the Gimmicky Legend , up to the 30,50,100,and 150 box mods( haven't taken to the temp control craze yet) as well as the Sig sub ohm tank and the Drippers Sigelei made. I too don't want to see kitty cat pictures, and meaningless chat here and don't think we will, I think were a more cerebral lot.............looking forward to the continuation of the thread for years to come, and thanks for your many contributions that I and many others have benefited from .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread