...nah.

Last edited:

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
What swayed me to the V5 was the scare about the FAA ban. I figure the usb menu would continuously fire a flashlight head. Outside of that, I'd rather have the mini or V3. One less board to go kaput.

That thought came to me as well. A 510 flashlight head and no battery should make it get through check in baggage.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
good references Foggy
I'm honestly just wondering now about the authenticity of the products referenced. I respect Robert's knowledge and just thought he might be saying they are not what they appear to be. I do own a pair from the first link and they say Sigelei when powered up but that wouldn't be a problem to copy I suppose.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Those are Sigeli but most I find seem to be Smok.
I have a couple of authentic Sigeli V3's.
I like using GS-Air2 14 mm tanks on them.

I do have to wonder if Sigeli is still actually making them or is it a licensed branding thing?

Does anyone know if Sigeli actually made any aluminum ones?

Reactions: Foggy Road

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I am probably wrong but seems like all the early Zmax's were stainless.

In any case as long as they vape good no problems from here.

The silver were stainless. The colored mini's were aluminum, but the silver mini was stainless also. There's speculation that some newer silver might be aluminum but I don't think anyone's found out for sure yet. To my knowledge, no one has counterfeited a Sigelei. Ever. That's a secret many would like to have.

Back in the day, Sigelei made the chips for a wide variety of vv/vw apv's. Vamo V2 used the Sigelei chip and it was possible to buy just the chip. So yes, Sigelei makes them. It seems like almost every run of Zmax's that they altered something, constantly tweaking, somewhere so there's a lot of tiny variations among them. I doubt even Sigelei kept track of them all.

SMOK Zmax is a different animal. That name has caused confusion before and I doubt you'll be the last. It is smaller 19mm and has LED screen. I think you might notice in reviews that it doesn't have the performance the Sigelei has. To each his own, as usual. I hope this helps some.

I keep getting a database error to the Vapor Rider site.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Sorry about that I forgot the direct link won't work for some reason. ya need to go to the site and search for them.

I've googled them on my phone and laptop thinking there might be an issue with a browser or os and still get the same database error. I can't get their home page. It's been this way for days now.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I've googled them on my phone and laptop thinking there might be an issue with a browser or os and still get the same database error. I can't get their home page. It's been this way for days now.
Just tried also, got the same result. If I remember correctly they're out of Houston, TX. MAJOR flooding issues down there for the past week probably has something to do with it.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
The two flat top Sigelei V3s and three flat top V5s. These are all stainless steel telescopics with brushed stainless steel finish.
023.jpg

A closer look for comparison. From left to right: V3 #1, V3 #2, V5 #1 (center), V5 #2 and V5 #3.
007_1.jpg

V3 #1: This is the V3 I started the thread with in April 2013. This is a first generation V3 with a non-removable top cap. It also has the press-fitted brass eGo threading and first version firmware. I used it every day for almost a year. It still works but misfires on rare occasions. The brushing on this one is a little more coarse than on the others. It could use an Omron switch replacement if I get around to it. This came with the tall battery cap only. Smokey Lexan buttons on these two V3s

V3 #2: A second generation V3. It features a removable top cap, upgraded firmware, one-piece stainless steel 510/ego threading and a few other improvements. I bought this late in 2013 and used it off and on with the other V3 for several months. Never misfired.

V5 #1. Purchased in April 2014. In the photo it is sized for a 18500 battery. I wanted to try a V5 and found one at a good price. There are quite a few feature upgrades for V5 and it has its own firmware version. Vaping quality is the same as V3. I used this every day for a few months until the switch died in August or September! After a week or two I installed an Omron switch and have used this V5 as the daily driver right up to today. This one has laser etchings on the top tube and battery cap and a stainless steel button. It has been a daily driver for two solid years.

V5 # 2 and #3. I think V5 #2 was was purchased late in 2014 and V5 #3 was late in 2015. Both were at highly discounted or closeout prices. I bought these for backups or parts so they have very little use other than initial testing. V5 #3 came with a short battery cap only. Both have chrome plated plastic buttons. Other than the laser etching and the vented top cap on V5 #3 these two are pretty much identical.

A close-up of the back of V5 #1, which has two years of use. Some extra wear is seen at the top of the tube next to the top cap. This is a high spot probably made by me during disassembly and reassembly. Maybe not.
033_1.jpg

The last view is from the top. The Sigeleis are in the same order as previous pics. You can see differences in 510 pin widths and top caps. The brass eGo threading on V3 #1 is visible as is the vented top cap on V5 #3.
052.jpg

At this time I still use V5 #1 every day. V3 #1 is is stored on the vaping shelf with V3 #2. The two other V5s are kept bagged and read for backups. One is kept in the vaping overnight bag and the other (without batteries) in the car glove box.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Those are Sigeli but most I find seem to be Smok.
I have a couple of authentic Sigeli V3's.
I like using GS-Air2 14 mm tanks on them.

I do have to wonder if Sigeli is still actually making them or is it a licensed branding thing?

Does anyone know if Sigeli actually made any aluminum ones?
There are authentic Sigelei Minis and V3s that feature bi-metallic tubes. The outer tube section is aluminum (I think) which is often colored in a variety of hues.

Madvapes has the brushed stainless steel V5 for $19.99. I have seen V5 lower priced than this in past close-outs but this is the lowest price I see currently.

Madvapes - Electronic Cigarettes, E Cigarettes, E-Cigs | Madvapes

Reactions: aikanae1

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
aikanae1, on the side by side photo above isn't the Sigelei on a the right a V1 (which was never called a V1) or a V2? Both initially had slant top styling with vertical tube slotting. V1 and V2 were not telescopic and fitted 18650. I'm not sure what the other Sigelei on the left is. Maybe a Mini with an extension tube? The Sigelei Zmax Minis were out on the market before the telescopic V3 and some custom orders had extension tubes.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread