Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5 Telescopic: User's Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

I did it for two years every day.. Others cooberate my experience as well. Yes there are differences in batteries and their age. But with the batteries I had in 2013 that is the exact results I got. 10amp 2000mah 18650 were the battery of the day. 7 amp Efest 18350 800 mah were what I used stacked.

You say you ran stacked 18350 and only got 2 ml.. You have some seriously bad batteries... But I think you are making the mistake of thinking there's no way they can last that long when they are so weak alone in single mode. I have had to convince many.

I ran 6v to 1.3ohms maxing the mod out completely, with a measure wattage of 27.6 and went all day every day with one single pair of stacked 18350 with no recharge, no major loss of power, no sag. No spare batteries carried for my 10- 12 hour work day. It was taking me 3 10amp 18650 to make it through the same day. This is a fact.

When the 18650 gets below 3.6v the zmax no longer puts out the full power you have it set at. Especially at higher power settings. The battery has to be pulled by 3.5v or its just way too weak. With stacked I was able to run it to cut off with no loss of power. You have over 6v available to power the coil even at cutoff, not 3.4v like a single.

The buck circuitry is far more efficient than the boost circuit in mods of this Era.

Comparing it to a new mod is like comparing a picture tube tv to a 1080p flat screen.... And obviously dual 18650 will last twice as long as the dual 350.

Much of the confusion has to do with how the circuits work in mods of this Era.

You will get up to 27.6w with stacked batteries... With a single battery you will get about 16w max. This is a fact of the zmax.

@aikanae1 - :)

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I use fairly low voltage settings (3.5-4v), the few hours at best is the same as I was getting when the mod and batteries were new. After all 700-800ma is just that. The single 18350 config lasts about as long as the iClick stick mod it was bought to replace. (a bit longer)

The dual 18350 config was able to drain an entire 2ml tank, which is much better than what might be expected in a single 350 config even considering swapping batteries. My batteries are hardly used and less than a year old.
    (only 2 of the mods pictured can use 18350's and get very little use)

It is easy to imagine that these devices are fairly to very bad at boost on a single battery. However I get 5-8hrs use out of them, very similar to what I get with all my other single 18650 mods.

I found it surprising that these mods can output 6V which is the limit of the DNA75's.

Can 2x purple Efest 350's last as long or longer than a modern LG HG2? I'll have to wait and see when next time the Nautilus tank is dry and I need to refill and contemplate swapping batteries. I do have some fresh 350's and 26650's on the way.

For battery life around my house the P4U 7-22 is currently "king", the KFV4 I have mounted went from full to drained (forget how many ml it holds) with slightly more than 0.3V drain on the battery. (12W/4.51V setting)

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I do pretty well with single batteries. 18490/18500 is my usual choice. I find it the best compromise of battery capacity v. battery size. I find the Sigelei V3 and V5 comfortable for pocket carry with 18350 or 18500, but not with 18650 and larger (2x18350).

With my cartotank setup I get about six hours out of every 18500. I vape at 6.5 watts.

As far as battery brands go, I used Efest red (10 amp, 1100 mAh) batteries for about three years. In March I bought a dozen Efest purple batteries (20 amp, 1000 mAh). I bought the purples on sale for $.99 apiece. Continuous current rating is no biggie with me. I vape at less than 2 amps. The purples last just as long as the reds did, but don't fade nearly as much when approaching 3.4 battery volts.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I have both RED and Purple Efests. Not sure what the REAL capacity or rating on them are as they are famous for overrating their batteries.

I prefer the single 350 configuration, much more pocketable and lighter. Then again I'll have to admit that my v3's and v5's play backup and "if all else fails" duty for modern TC mods.

To bad the OEM's seem to have abandoned the form factor. I guess if folks want a replacable battery mod they want more power and more features that can be had in a Evic VTC mini or eLeaf Pico.

Reactions: aikanae1

yzer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I never owned a V2 but saw plenty of photos of them. It seems that V2s were equipped with both the smokey clear plastic and chromed plastic (with power symbol) buttons. Like the V3, V5 and Mini I suppose V2s were equipped with whatever button Sigelei had binned on the production line at the time. Metal buttons appeared briefly on the V5 and Mini so I wouldn't be surprised if some were installed on a few V2s at the same time.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    Flint, Michigan, United States
    I never owned a V2 but saw plenty of photos of them. It seems that V2s were equipped with both the smokey clear plastic and chromed plastic (with power symbol) buttons. Like the V3, V5 and Mini I suppose V2s were equipped with whatever button Sigelei had binned on the production line at the time. Metal buttons appeared briefly on the V5 and Mini so I wouldn't be surprised if some were installed on a few V2s at the same time.

Yes it appears they were in production at the same time as the V5s as well which surprised
    Zmax2.jpg
    . me.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Hey gang just keepin things alive here. Thought I'd share with y'all my latest prize win in the HG contest that's currently running. Figgered it might be appreciated here. Dis thing is Da Bomb!
    2016-08-17_11.30.35.jpg

It was a 'pick your prize' contest so when I saw this in stock I had to have. Problem is it's tho thpethial that after vaping on it a couple hours I decided I couldn't have it getting banged up. So I put it back in its box put in storage for my vape relic museum.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    Hey gang just keepin things alive here. Thought I'd share with y'all my latest prize win in the HG contest that's currently running. Figgered it might be appreciated here. Dis thing is Da Bomb! View attachment 590461
    It was a 'pick your prize' contest so when I saw this in stock I had to have. Problem is it's tho thpethial that after vaping on it a couple hours I decided I couldn't have it getting banged up. So I put it back in its box put in storage for my vape relic museum.

That is one of the most comfortable mods in the hand I have ever owned.

Reactions: Foggy Road

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013
    just for encouragement , ive been vaping a Sig V3 with a cartotank at 6.5 watts for the past few days almost exclusively ......and really enjoying it!!

I bet you did not have to change batteries thoughout the day nor go through 100 ml of liquid either.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2013

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member