Status
Not open for further replies.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Cone threaded atomizers seem to be going out of style but IMO the EVODs deliver a very accurate flavor. Anyway, the pic shows cone threading better than I could explain. None of my box mods come with it. Make it a waffle, Doc... Butterpecan.
View attachment 645243

Sorry I have always heard of them referred as Ego threading. It is not a problem in any case. $4.52 510 to eGo/510 Converter Adapter (5-Pack) 5-pack - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
10 year anniversary sounds like a great excuse for a new setup Stiksave. Yup, something really nice...

Anyway just opened astray in car and found a Sigelei 18650 battery. Forgot I even had it, prolly been there since before Christmas. Still fully charged too. Must be a rewrap with Sigelei name, would guess its a quality brand but was wondering if anyone else uses them or has any insight into manufacturer. sig batt.JPG

Reactions: aikanae1

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Well I posted my intention not to buy any new vaping gear this year but was looking at Craigslist other day and saw someone selling off some older items that looked pretty good. Couldn't resist the itch. Anyway got a provari 2.5, authentic kayfun 4, four aspire tanks, sigelei 100+, wicks, wire, ohm tester and other parts stuff (small tackle box) for $50. Though not technically shinyitis, it must be a related disorder... vape items.jpg

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Well I posted my intention not to buy any new vaping gear this year but was looking at Craigslist other day and saw someone selling off some older items that looked pretty good. Couldn't resist the itch. Anyway got a provari 2.5, authentic kayfun 4, four aspire tanks, sigelei 100+, wicks, wire, ohm tester and other parts stuff (small tackle box) for $50. Though not technically shinyitis, it must be a related disorder... View attachment 661243
good deal!!

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Nice haul! First Provari?

Yup first Provari Foggy. Read so much about them was curious to try. Must admit it has a very nice in-hand feel to it and power switch a bit higher than Sigs is perfect for my grip. But just vv, a 15 click menu, and button top batteries only? I'll be buying new Z-maxs and used Provaris remains the bottom-line.

Just got the Kayfun v4 up and running (tried out winding jig and ohm tester in process). Been using Kayfun clones (v3.1s) but first authentic $200 (at the time) tank in my collection. So far so good with that too. Guy I bought stuff from just wasn't a coil builder. Got frustrated and gave up. Can tell it had hardly been used. That's gonna change.

The Aspires don't do much for me, not in any hurry to even try them. Will read some reviews and forum threads to see what users think of them. Really not expecting much and consider those just throw-ins. At least they authentic.

Have only fired the Sigelei 100+ with tank a few times to test if basics work. Twin 18650s in series give it 8 volts out of the gate and minimum power setting on that beast is 10 watts! Geesh. Not into 90 degree box mods either. At least the Coolfires and Picos are semi-rounded and have some style. The pair of wavy lines down the side of it strike me as a rather lame attempt (afterthought) to give it some.

So that's it. No more stuff this year. And I mean it this time!...

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Well I posted my intention not to buy any new vaping gear this year but was looking at Craigslist other day and saw someone selling off some older items that looked pretty good. Couldn't resist the itch. Anyway got a provari 2.5, authentic kayfun 4, four aspire tanks, sigelei 100+, wicks, wire, ohm tester and other parts stuff (small tackle box) for $50. Though not technically shinyitis, it must be a related disorder... View attachment 661243
Wow that's a nice haul, can't blame ya for pulling the trigger on that deal. NOICE!

Reactions: aikanae1

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I followed a Zmax V3 for a week on eBay. The opening bid was $6 with $6 shipping. It was used but looked like new. It went unsold. Kind of sad. I think those that like them have them.

I agree Dan, it is kinda sad but it shows a couple things. First, that used vaping gear doesn’t have much resale value. Second, that the trend is away from low wattage mods. Am trying hard to keep this brief so will leave it at that.

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I agree Dan, it is kinda sad but it shows a couple things. First, that used vaping gear doesn’t have much resale value. Second, that the trend is away from low wattage mods. Am trying hard to keep this brief so will leave it at that.

In fact it appears most of today's vapers have never used a device above 1 ohm and have no idea how to do so. It will be many years before the early devices reach "antique" status and are desired by collectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread