Silicone carriers. Any experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Looking for something to carry just a spare 18650 when out and about and found these silicone casing things at illumn.com. Anybody here use them or know much about them? They seem like they'd be safe for pocketing a battery, just need to keep an eye on the battery wrap itself getting cuts from mods, keys etc. Crazy, or worthwhile?

boog

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Reactions: Ryedan

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i use the 18650 silicone battery sleeves. i like them a lot. theyre handy when i dont need two spare 18650s, like when im toting around a single mech or my sig30w box. if i need more than 1 spare, i just carry a case but a case with 1 cell in it rattles around and just plain wastes space in my pockets so these silicone sleeves are perfect for me. mine is EVVA brand i believe. from FT. i also have the one you link from MVS. its fine but its just a tad bit loose on my shorter 18650s. the sun vapers one looks like its EVVA as well.

Reactions: caboog78

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
i use the 18650 silicone battery sleeves. i like them a lot. theyre handy when i dont need two spare 18650s, like when im toting around a single mech or my sig30w box. if i need more than 1 spare, i just carry a case but a case with 1 cell in it rattles around and just plain wastes space in my pockets so these silicone sleeves are perfect for me. mine is EVVA brand i believe. from FT. i also have the one you link from MVS. its fine but its just a tad bit loose on my shorter 18650s. the sun vapers one looks like its EVVA as well.

I get the rattle when I'm just carrying one battery as well, and it drives me up a wall some times. First world problems, I know, but if it can be avoided I would like to. Glad to hear they work for the way I imagined them, I tend to err well to the side of cautious when it comes to batteries :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kemosabe

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
Looks like a pretty good idea if you don't want to carry a plastic battery case :thumb:

:)

Pretty much the goal here. I use a plastic battery carrier now, and it's fine when I'm going to work and carrying a back pack with my laptop and all the extra stuff I keep in it. I'm thinking one of these silicone sleeves for just a spare 18650 would be nice for when I'm out and about, either with a mech or if I'm worried about my IPV v2 chewing through a battery while in the middle of some shenanigans :toast:

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread