Simple 510 E2 Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I'm aware of the long technical discussion thread re: the E2 cartomizers. I've been reading it off and on for weeks. This week I received my first batch of 5 of the rev 3's (I think).

I've been using the first one since Tuesday afternoon and am now wanting to dissect it without killing it. So my hopefully simple question is - what does it take to get the inner slicone, or whatever, disc out? I've tried a straightened heavy guage paperclip, even carefully worked an exacto blade around the outer edge trying to seperate it from the carto body. No joy so far but perhaps I'm being overly cautious.

So what are all of you E2 experts/guinea pigs doing? Sorry for a seperate thread but I really didn't feel like searching the last 100 pages of the technical discussion thread to find the hopefully simple answer. Thanks!

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
You can pop out all the Caps/Rings using a thin tool such as a T5 Torque Screwdriver (basically something that can fit in the Slit where the wick enters the cup).

To remove the lower cap, insert the T5 on an angle in the slit just above the wicks, and then pry the silicone cap upwards and out.

The expert guinea pigs are thinking of ways to solve the leaking problem in the Revision 3 CE2.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow. That was a real NON-event. Now I can go play. I feel a little stupid but I'll get over it in a couple of seconds.

I use a dental pick that I filed the sharp point off of.

For me, getting the cup seal off isn't the hard part. It is getting it back on that can sometimes be frustrating. I found a perfect tool for doing it the other day.

A Dry Wall screw. The head of the Dry Wall Screw is a perfect fit for the inside of the carto. And it is flat which applies even pressure to the seal when you push down on it.

Make sure the ceramic cup looks like it is centered inside the carto after you fill it.
Get the seal started into the carto body with your fingers.
Now place the battery end of the carto on a book or some flat surface.
Put the head of the Dry Wall Screw into the carto and push down firmly.

Works a lot better than trying to push the seal down with a paper clip.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I had a very small allen wrench lying nearby that I used to pop the filler ring out. It's what I've used since. Clouds of Vapor sent along a syringe attachment to use for filling the E2's. I start the ring with my finger and then use the end of that to push the filler ring back into place. Then I use the same allen wrench to push the ring down firmly to make sure it seats against the cup. The ring always has some juice coating it so it serves to lubricate things nicely. Apart from my sheepishness at extracting the ring for the first time, I've had no problems.

Btw, if I misplace the allen wrench I've got lots of drywall screws. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread