Simplify things for me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PButter

Mar 8, 2011
USA
Long story short.... I used to vape years ago. Didn't last as I got tired of maintaining, tweaking, cleaning, blah blah.

Now coming back I'm overwhelmed. ...to say the least.

I want simple & small. I don't want to clean or really replace atomizers. I want a battery that's reasonable but not massive in size. I don't care about variable power or any of that really.

I swear I don't want a completely disposable product... just something that's EASY. It just needs to work.

And banana flavors! Who sells the best?

Anything that will suit me? Closest option? Give me a starting place!

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I think you would like the Tarot Nano by Vaporesso. You just need to buy new coils, pop the old one out, and new one in. Takes about 5 seconds to do. No way around that.

I would recommend cleaning your tank at least once a month or so. The Tarot Nano has a 2500mah battery. I chain vape and only have to charge it twice a day. It goes up to 80W. About $49 bucks on ebay for the kit with tank, usb cord, extra coil etc...

Check out some YouTube reviews on it for more info...

100% Authentic Va-poresso Tarot Nano TC 80W Starter Kit with Battery | eBay

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
You can just buy a simple starter kit with replaceable pre-made coil heads which are extremely easy to replace. Some of the good ones are the new Vaporesso Tarot Nano Kit, iJust S (or 2), Kangertech Topbox, Eleaf iStick Pico, and many other options. SMOK also has a variety of good ones like the OSUB variants, Micro One Starter Kit, Knight Kit, etc.

Just Google "vape starter kits" and find one with replaceable factory coil heads. Oh and some of them, like the Tarot Nano, have built-in batteries which do not require an external charger and just make it easier for you.

w.e choice you make, it is better than smoking analogs.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
For me, an important part of keeping it simple is to not have to buy a new device every 2 or 3 months. To that end, I would suggest you research some of the better built (read as pricey) devices. If you go cheap, you'll be back for a replacement way too often. My ProVari 2.5 fits the bill, but is now out of production. It still functions flawlessly after three years. Read lots of owner reviews and ignore the manufacturer's hype.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
You're setting yourself up for failure if you want quick and easy. Ecigs are still finicky devices that leak, give dry hits, etc. You will be on the lookout for the perfect tank, the perfect mod and the perfect juice and you will NOT find them right away. If you're serious about vaping, read up and ask questions and accept a new hobby which is fun if approached the right way. Otherwise you will not stick with it. Cigarettes are just too easy, convenient and idiot-proof and vaping just can't compete on those terms.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Most simple low power solution is an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini Tank. Prime the coils properly and keep it under the max wattage and it will provide a flawless leak proof vape experience. If you want clouds get a Baby Beast and some of the Quad coils at least. Low power and regular VW coils. Done!

Good Luck and Happy Safe Vaping!

Last edited:

PButter

Mar 8, 2011
USA
You're setting yourself up for failure if you want quick and easy. Ecigs are still finicky devices that leak, give dry hits, etc. You will be on the lookout for the perfect tank, the perfect mod and the perfect juice and you will NOT find them right away. If you're serious about vaping, read up and ask questions and accept a new hobby which is fun if approached the right way. Otherwise you will not stick with it. Cigarettes are just too easy, convenient and idiot-proof and vaping just can't compete on those terms.

And that's exactly why I failed to convert last time. I was hoping 5 years later things would be easier. Lol.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
You could always audition to be my next husband (or wife). I fill and clean his tank, charge his batteries, change his coils, and make his e liquid.

/most of the above ^^^^ not euphemistically ;)

But talking for real, I think Nautilus Mini atomizers are pretty much the easiest things going, no fuss, no muss, no leaky. Turn it upside down and unscrew the bottom to refill or change coil: under 30 seconds. If refilling a totally empty tank or putting in a new coil, let it sit a couple of minutes before vaping so the coil gets wet with e liquid (or you can prime the coil with a little bit of e liquid in about 5 seconds). You probably only need to change the coil every couple of weeks or so.

To wash tank (maybe once a week?), again turn upside down, unscrew the bottom part with the coil and set it aside. Run the tank through hot water, dry it a bit with some paper towel, blow through the drip tip, fill and reassemble: about a minute, maybe two if you're ambitious. :)

Get two internal battery mods, like the iStick mini, say. Charge from your computer's USB port (or a USB wall charger or a power bank). Use one while the other's charging.

If you are a smoker trying to quit, I guarantee you that you will spend more time cleaning ashtrays and assorted muck and going out to buy cigs than doing the above (not to mention all the plotting and planning and anguish to even find a place to smoke them). MUCH more time. Nothing better than looking out at the chilly, rainy (or scorching hot) day and knowing you don't have to slog out in the miserable weather to overpay for a pack of smelly death sticks that you hate anyway.

PButter

Mar 8, 2011
USA
You could always audition to be my next husband (or wife). I fill and clean his tank, charge his batteries, change his coils, and make his e liquid.

But talking for real, I think Nautilus Mini atomizers are pretty much the easiest things going, no fuss, no muss, no leaky. Turn it upside down and unscrew the bottom to refill or change coil: under 30 seconds. If refilling a totally empty tank or putting in a new coil, let it sit a couple of minutes before vaping so the coil gets wet with e liquid (or you can prime the coil with a little bit of e liquid in about 5 seconds). You probably only need to change the coil every couple of weeks or so.

To wash tank (maybe once a week?), again turn upside down, unscrew the bottom part with the coil and set it aside. Run the tank through hot water, dry it a bit with some paper towel, blow through the drip tip, fill and reassemble: about a minute, maybe two if you're ambitious. :)

Get two internal battery mods, like the iStick mini, say. Charge from your computer's USB port (or a USB wall charger or a power bank). Use one while the other's charging.

If you are a smoker trying to quit, I guarantee you that you will spend more time cleaning ashtrays and assorted muck and going out to buy cigs than doing the above (not to mention all the plotting and planning and anguish to even find a place to smoke them). MUCH more time. Nothing better than looking out at the chilly, rainy (or scorching hot) day and knowing you don't have to slog out in the miserable weather to overpay for a pack of smelly death sticks that you hate anyway.

All fair points Tazzle. I bet i can get my hubby to maintain mine too. That is a Most EXCELLENT idea. Thanks all for the advice. I think I've got some great suggestions to get me going. :)

Appreciate yall.

Reactions: tazzle

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Long story short.... I used to vape years ago. Didn't last as I got tired of maintaining, tweaking, cleaning, blah blah.

Now coming back I'm overwhelmed. ...to say the least.

I want simple & small. I don't want to clean or really replace atomizers. I want a battery that's reasonable but not massive in size. I don't care about variable power or any of that really.

I swear I don't want a completely disposable product... just something that's EASY. It just needs to work.

And banana flavors! Who sells the best?

Anything that will suit me? Closest option? Give me a starting place!

Hi PButter.

I can Imagine how coming back after 5 Years would be Very Confusing. Things have Changed So Much! But the Good News is things have Also gotten Much Better.

I think SteveS45's suggestion of an iStick 40W TC and a Nautilus Mini Tank would be a Great Combination for someone like yourself.

Tanks that take Pre-Made Coil Heads are about as simple as it gets.

Reactions: PButter

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK

Probably the most sensible post in this thread thus far. iSticks + nautilus... the laziest way to vape. And for us Mouth-to-Lungers, who typically vape at low wattages the coils seem to last forever.

I have other mods but I'm a fan of iSticks. Have an old 30watt going on 2 years now. Still maintains a reasonable charge.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA

I don't have a Mini, but use the full size Aspire Nautilus every day. And I agree completely, among the least fussy I've used to date.

I use mine on a ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread