RDA simplistic dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkfixr

Jun 18, 2014
Eastern Shore Virginia
I'm looking for recommendations for a dripper that I can get started with using higher resistance builds on (.8 - 1 ohm) that won't be extremely airy. Preferably single coil with dual coil option. I'm shooting for flavor and moderately thick clouds using a vw regulated mod. I don't mind owning decent clones so any and all info is welcomed.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm looking for recommendations for a dripper that I can get started with using higher resistance builds on (.8 - 1 ohm) that won't be extremely airy. Preferably single coil with dual coil option. I'm shooting for flavor and moderately thick clouds using a vw regulated mod. I don't mind owning decent clones so any and all info is welcomed.
Wow how times have changed, you mentioned higher resistances at .8 to 1 ohm, I used to get crucified when I talked about going that low and now it's considered high?

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
IGO-W fits the bill and is dirt cheap. I use the IGO-L, which is similar but has only two posts (single coil only), on my iTaste MVP 2.0 and VV 3.0 and it works great. Ten wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal around a 1/16" rod puts me at 2.0 ohms, which is perfect for these low-power VV/VW devices. I've also tried it on my mechanical mods in the resistance range you want (0.8 - 1.0 ohm) and it has worked well.

Be sure your VV/VW mod is capable of running 0.8 - 1.0 ohm coils efficiently. My MVP 2.0 and VV 3.0 will fire coils down to 0.8 ohms, but because they are limited to 3.5 amps, they fire them at very low voltages and do not vape nearly as well as a ~2.0 ohm coil.

Last edited:

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK

I am a fan of the Veritas, it is ideal for dual coils and can be used with a single coil.

As for simplistic, it has only 3 main pieces. Build deck, top cap, & drip tip and that is it. Excellent flavor, and very resistant to leaking, it is my go to dripper...

I have seen others have problems with the insulator on the centerpost (+) burning out, I have not yet experienced this myself but I have seen it mentioned many times.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
An RDA that checks off every wish on that list is the Quasar. Easy to build on with post holes, adjustable airflow with single and dual coil options, reduced chamber for huge flavor (even using higher resistance builds) and will produce a fairly high amount of vapor on demand. High quality clones are readily available for dirt cheap too if that's the route you want to take. IMO it's one of the most underrated and overlooked RDAs out there when it comes to big flavor.

junkfixr

Jun 18, 2014
Eastern Shore Virginia
Top feeder. I settled on the Infinite Magma. You can build single coil, adjust the airflow for that individual coil and deep juice well should ease my fear of running dry while I'm learning. Thanks for all the insight and many recommendations. There are so many choices and eventually I'd like to get around to experimenting with a few more drippers. I have this gut feeling that someday, I'm going to get a hold of a Reo and kick myself for not doing it sooner. ;-)

Feignix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not necessarily! I'm not saying by any means it isn't a solid or well functioning device, but I've learned it's not for everyone, at least not for me. Who knows, perhaps I may give it another go round down the road, but for now, I love my traditional tube and box mech mods and top feeding atty's and probably will for some time to come! Ymmv! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread