Single coil on Kanger Dripbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpedwards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2013
Australia
Just wondering if it would be ok to build a single coil build for the Kanger Dripbox. It has only 2 posts, and from the research I've done, it seems nobody is doing a single coil build on it. Is it not meant for single coil? Just curious.
Dont see why not. I'm not using the original atty on mine. From my experience with the dripbox as long as you keep to around .2 to .4 ohms you'll have a good vape. Just get yourself a better atty in my opinion.

Reactions: johnm1971

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
Dont see why not. I'm not using the original atty on mine. From my experience with the dripbox as long as you keep to around .2 to .4 ohms you'll have a good vape. Just get yourself a better atty in my opinion.
I don't mind using the original atty, in fact it's the only one I have. I'm talking about a single coil IN the original atty.

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
Yep i got you. Didn't try single in mine but it definitely work.
I'll give it a try and let you know on the forum here how it worked out. I don't know, there probably isn't much difference and I should probably just stick with dual coil builds, I just thought it might be easier to do a single.

johnm1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2016
Peoria, Illinois
Only reason i suggest a different atty is there are many bf atty's that produce alot more flavour in my opinion anyway. Good luck
Nevermind, I just noticed you said "BF atty" and that does mean bottom fed. Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into them. There's got to be one that's easier to build on than the original with maybe a bigger deck!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Just wondering if it would be ok to build a single coil build for the Kanger Dripbox. It has only 2 posts, and from the research I've done, it seems nobody is doing a single coil build on it. Is it not meant for single coil? Just curious.

They are intended for dusl coils but you can easily build a single coil for if.

I prefer single coils myself, and have used single coils on dual coil attys such as Orchid V3, Silverplay Nano, Goblin Mini, Goblin Nano, etc.

Reactions: johnm1971

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
I use single coil, 1ohm coil on a Cyclone atty NO problems

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
It can be a real pain, though, trying to use single coils on devices that aren't designed for it, or that don't come with 'single coil adapters' like quite a few toppers do these days.

The Bellus, for example, is a classic dual-coil RTA, but comes with a silicone 'single-coil adapter' which blocks off the air/juice flow on one side of the deck, and I actually prefer the vape from it in that mode - although I've been recently moving away from dual coil and 'big air' devices in favour of MTL, flavour ones like the Taifuns, Flash-e-Vapors, and the Kayfuns.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I prefer single coils myself.

I have rocked single coils on lots of dual coil attys.

Orchid V3
Silverplay nano
n22 RDA
Rogue RDA
Freakshow Mini RDA
Velocity RDA
Darang RDA
Etc.

Some RDAs have a single coil option

However if your RDA doesnt offer a single coil option. Put a vape band on crooked so the airflow with the coil is open and the unused airflow is closed.
On the Velocity i cut a piece of vape band and plugged tge airflow without a coil

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I Did.

But as another member Mentioned, if the RDA doesn't have a Single Coil Mode for the air flow, then you are going to get air flow where there Isn't a Coil. And that is going to Severely Impact the Flavor.

I cut a 3rd Slot in the Top Cap of the RDA that comes with the DripBox. That way I could get air going to the Single Coil. And No air going to the Other Side.

BTW - The NarDa RDA (IMO) is a Fantastic Single Coil RDA for Flavor. But you have to convert it to a Bottom Feeder by buying a BF Pin and then Grinding it to Length.

Reactions: Continuity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread