Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I did try dual coils. I went back to single coils after I did not get the vapor and flavor I should have. Another thing that bothered me was the firing delay after pressing the button on my Coolfire 4.

I kicked dual coils to the curb and enjoy my vapes more.
Oh, that explains it! So the problem really is that your coolfire 4 doesn't put out enough watts for two coils. You should try it with a mech and a build around .2 ohm.

Reactions: ThePulver

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thanks for the opinion. Here is mine:

However many coils as there are air slots is the perfect amount. Since I only use RDAs, almost all are made for at least two coils.

I don't want to close the airflow. I want a ton of it. And I still want a warm dense delectable vapor cloud. I love the lung hits.

Personally I think single coils are mainly used by people without much experience with RDAs or someone who has an old device that was slightly innovative last year (or even longer ago) and has just never moved on from that point.

Some people still think cartomizers are the best things ever. I know a guy like this... he buys new disposable cigalikes every week. He is sure that anything else is a waste of money or someone just wanting to show off.

Dave I liked my tanks but I am using atty's more and more I use 28 gaufe wire and build .9-1.05 ohms.

Waiting for the Eleaf TC MOD. I HOPE I can use Stainless steel or titanium in temperature control mode because I AIN'T USING NICKEL!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Well the OP is obviously the smartest guy in the room so I really don't have much to say here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Of course I am the smartest person in the room. I'm the only one in my living room right now. The odds are pretty high that you are also the smartest person in the room wherever you are too

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I like dual coils. I have not made a single that gave me a satisfying vape since I started using duals. Clouds are a byproduct of the great flavor I get.

Yes, I use more juice. I use better juice than I did previously. I also use coupon codes.

In the end, I'm a happy vaper.

Edit: No high pg for me. My cereal is the only thing I want to snap, crackle, and pop.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Lol your link is as relevant as your argument.

If you want to waste twice as much juice and battery life to get very little increase in vapor and flavor be my guest.

All I am trying to do is get people to think and try it for themself.

One day rock the vape dual coils. At the end of the day check the battery life and the ejuice used.

Another day rock the vape for satisfying vapes with the single coil.

At the end of that day check the amount of juice and battery life used.

Then rock the vape you like; but at least then you are coming from a point of knowledge instead of guess work.

Pulver you act as if you are afraid to allow people to make their decision.

From my experience I agree with PBussardo's opinion that dual coils are over rated.

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Pulver you act as if you are afraid to allow people to make their decision.

Bruh I literally just said your link didn't work and your argument was lacking. Meanwhile you keep yelling at people about their preference. I use single and dual coils depending on the atty and the build. But you're right I'm terrified of letting people do what they want...

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i sometimes use a single coil but it will only be for the reason that if i put a dual in the atty that my ohms would be unusable, either way and more likely than not a dual of 0.08ohm's, i use mechs that use 2 or 3 batteries and am lucky that i'm in a position where by i can sit next to a big pile of 18650's plus the charger, i dont think the juice consumption is a big issue, its so dam cheap to diy and you can make juices as good as shops :)

Reactions: ThePulver

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
i sometimes use a single coil but it will only be for the reason that if i put a dual in the atty that my ohms would be unusable, either way and more likely than not a dual of 0.08ohm's, i use mechs that use 2 or 3 batteries and am lucky that i'm in a position where by i can sit next to a big pile of 18650's plus the charger, i dont think the juice consumption is a big issue, its so dam cheap to diy and you can make juices as good as shops :)

I DIY my juice too. But this is not something the average VAPERS do it take courage to try, and experimentation. No one comes up with a great tasting juice on the first few tries. It takes the courage in spite of the risk of failure and trying a bunch of very small 5ml or 10 ml batches until they learn.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Bruh I literally just said your link didn't work and your argument was lacking. Meanwhile you keep yelling at people about their preference. I use single and dual coils depending on the atty and the build. But you're right I'm terrified of letting people do what they want...

No bro I am not yelling at people.

People assume if I have two coils theuvare providing twixs the flavor and vapor.

All i am saying is really give both a try and use what they like..

That was the URL that I watched the video. Either PBussardo took the vid down or YouTube moved it or removed the file for some reason.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
The thing is your not going to vape a 2ohm coil at the same power as a dual set at 1ohm are you?

But your also not gonna be holding the trigger as long with your dual set as with the single.

The dual will defo give bigger clouds but you will probably be able to get the same flavour across the board, i vape very hot coils and most of the time 50/50 juice with 5% flav tops and anymore and it would be a waste, ive also in the past vaped in the 1.5ohm range so i know how the flav is there But tis only my opinion :)

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I DIY my juice too. But this is not something the average VAPERS do it take courage to try, and experimentation. No one comes up with a great tasting juice on the first few tries(Slippy does ;) ). It takes the courage in spite of the risk of failure and trying a bunch of very small 5ml or 10 ml batches until they learn.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I'm a simple man...I use a single coil in TC mode for flavor and dual coils when I'm in the mood to blow clouds...dual coil build for clouds like this
f1d290e31a2403fe909481cfa9f87836.jpg
And flavor clouds like this
18a288041331c33e75a976affb68cc22.jpg

I enjoy both single and dual coil builds, and keep it safe and simple...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I was just looking at single coils as being more cost efficient. Using less juice, less heat in the atty or tank, longer battery life etc

Quality of vape outweighs all of those advantages for me. I like a warm, dense, intense-flavor vape with a fairly liberal amount of volume. I can build some great single coils. I ran them for quite a while, but don't hold up for what I currently enjoy most.

All this thread was to make people think and try both and make their own decision. A lot of people thinks two coils means double the vapor and flavor it isn't. There is also a longer ranp up time with two coils

I would think most folks do try both. I guess some people start with duals, but most people I know started out with single coils in tanks.

Also, I usually run a mech. One thing I have to have in a build is nearly no ramp up time, instant on or I pull the coils, rethink it, and rebuild.

Edit: ramp up is purely a function of the power to mass ratio

Last edited:
Reactions: smacksy

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The thing is your not going to vape a 2ohm coil at the same power as a dual set at 1ohm are you?

But your also not gonna be holding the trigger as long with your dual set as with the single.

The dual will defo give bigger clouds but you will probably be able to get the same flavour across the board, i vape very hot coils and most of the time 50/50 juice with 5% flav tops and anymore and it would be a waste, ive also in the past vaped in the 1.5ohm range so i know how the flav is there But tis only my opinion :)

Eel:

Where did I say they had to be the se ohm level or they had to be fired identically? I DIDN'T.

The only thing I said was a satisfactory vape.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Quality of vape outweighs all of those advantages for me. I like a warm, dense, intense-flavor vape with a fairly liberal amount of volume. I can build some great single coils. I ran them for quite a while, but don't hold up for what I currently enjoy most.

I would think most folks do try both. I guess some people start with duals, but most people I know started out with single coils in tanks.

Also, I usually run a mech. One thing I have to have in a build is nearly no ramp up time, instant on or I pull the coils, rethink it, and rebuild.

Edit: ramp up is purely a function of the power to mass ratio

Verb I agree with much of what you said.

I am not a cloud chaser at all. I want flavor flavor and FLAVOR.

If dual coils gave me that I would be a dual coil user.

Reactions: Verb

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Eel:

Where did I say they had to be the se ohm level or they had to be fired identically? I DIDN'T.

The only thing I said was a satisfactory vape.

No you didnt But i was trying to explain that power is very relevant to the build and size of atty.

I used to vape on 16mm atty's with single coils and thought i was getting a great vape until i found my current setup(22mm dual or a Beast single).
Just like Verb ive also found my perfect vape in 1/2 sec pulls

Reactions: Verb

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I vastly prefer single-coil builds, which comprise about 95% of my vaping. I like to experiment with dual- and quad-coil builds on occasion, but in general it isn't worth the extra juice you burn through. Like the OP said, you go through juice almost twice as fast, but only get around 30% more vapor.

I only use multi-coil builds for when I want to vape at over 50 watts, because it is difficult to build a single coil that can handle looooooooong pulls at > 50 watts (I rarely take pulls of less than 5 seconds, and even 10+ second pulls are somewhat common for me). But since almost all of my vaping is done in the 30-45 watt range, single coil builds work just fine.

Two of my favorite RDA's (TOBH v2.5 and the CLT V3 Mini) are both "dual-coil only" RDA's, but I use them with single coils too. Depending on the build, I'll just run it as-is and keep the airflow on both sides open, or stick a small piece of electrical tape over the airflow holes on one side. If you are careful about positioning it, doing so doesn't make the RDA look "weird", instead it almost like it was designed to have a thin "stripe" on it.

Tmb821

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
I prefer singles, but saying that, I also enjoy the challenge of building a single coil that will match the vapor production and flavor of duals. I had a doge v2 that I ran in single mode with a clapton on a istick 30w. I got just as much vapor and flavor as many people that I met in the vape shop. Most people don't believe it is possible to do that. I love to see the look of disbelief on their face when they see it's a single coil at such low power. It's all in how you build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread