Sinless Smoke- WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shad0w

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2010
Trapped by Schrödinger's cat....
MamaFox, there is a NorCal Vapers meetup tonight!

Come out and you'll get to try all different models of PV and lots of different liquids as well.

It will be great fun :)

I am heading out that way shortly. It will be from 7pm to12am in Cotati at Buffallo Billiards.

HERE is the link :) Hope to see you there!!!

- Shadow

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
If you check out the ECF Library thread you should find a section that lists pics of all the PV - you can compare yours to that and see if it can be identified - or post some pix when you are able and people here will identify it for you.
Quality of your unit is a slight concern but really most of them are marked up and rebranded ones taht have been around a while (that can be bought more cheaply elsewhere) - usually its the carts and juice that let them down. The SE one for example isnt super duper but its 'ok' (not the price the actual unit itself) but the juice that comes with it is nasty overpriced and oversold (its not equal to a pack of cigs like they say).
Get a really good juice and even a lacklustre unit will do you until you feel confident about buying something else. Think of your current PV as 'training wheels' :)

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
New e-cig, new atomizer, primer fluid?? New attys can have that nasty primer fluid taste too. I thought I was really allergic to PG, but found it's only a mild allergy. The factory primer fluid taste was just horrible. As someone else ^ said, learning to vape instead of smoke isn't near as easy as light it, smoke it and die. And remember just when you think you've got the hand of it, your battery will be out of power and you'll think you broke the dang thing.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
Little Merced- It's a Sinless Smoke. And...it's pink. Haha, that's all I can decipher from the packaging.

This is it:

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2z4fnz7&s=3

(Sorry, I don't have enough posts to give you a direct link)

CaptJay- Good call. I don't mind building a little collection :)

Wolf- I could totally see all that happening to me lol. That's why I'm glad I found this community. I'm really excited to try all the different PVs and juices. The juices I ordered today are VG-based, so we'll see if that helps. The two I ordered last night are PG-based, but lower nic and, supposedly, better quality. I will say this: I will NEVER buy Sinless Smoke liquid again. EVER. I'd rather smoke a cigarette in a pinch than deal with that stuff :/

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
The unit looks to me like an M401-series kit. (could be 402, or 403, but the higher number just means a shorter battery) Based on the battery threads, and the cartridge style. I would look up some M-series threads, or videos, and you can get some good information about these models. I will say that these units with there exposed atomizers are VERY popular for "dipping".

There are only a FEW manufacturers of e-cigarettes, but MANY different names for them. If you call up the Chinese manufacturers, and buy 1000 of them, they will make them up with any designs or logos you want.

The juice choice sees to be good in my opinion, although I NEVER trust a review unless it comes from this forum. MOST of these "reviews" are paid endorsements.

My mother and I are both hoping to get off of cigarettes altogether (I'm on day 6 of no cigarettes) and decided to try e-cigs. We got Sinless Smoke e-cigs from a head shop yesterday, and the Sinless Smoke e-liquid came with it. We both chose the Vanilla (18mg). We charged our cigs and put the liquid in; according to my mom, we just put two drops in the cartridge (according to the directions from the guy at the shop; unfortunately, there were no instructions that came with either the cig or the drops), then gave them a try. The stuff was SO harsh, both of our throats hurt and we got headaches. Now I feel like I'm coming down with freakin' bronchitis, which may or may not be from the e-liquid, since I was feeling kinda like I was starting to fight a cold, anyway. All I know is that the stuff was AWFUL and we aren't fans :( We decided to order the 8mg Ry4 from elixirliquid.com, as this got pretty decent reviews on YouTube (whereas the Sinless Smoke got bad reviews, and the guy said that he didn't want anyone getting turned off of vaping just because this stuff is crap, so we decided to give vaping another chance with a different liquid). Since we're beginners and have had a hard time finding info on this particular e-cigarette and pretty much don't know what we're doing, any feedback is appreciated. Has anyone else tried Sinless Smoke products? Experienced bronchial irritation? Anything? We were really excited about this, but now are feeling a little discouraged.

HALP :cry:

lol go to ecigmall.com and get a joye 510, its 35 dollars shipped! the eliquid all depends on taste, right now im vaping a peppermint and a blue berry.

try bluemistvaping.com happysmokes.com and freedomsmokeusa.com, they all have USA made liquid and i enjoy most of thier stuff

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Did you buy the Pro or the Classic?

The Classic looks like it might be a 401 (M401/402/403) model.
And the Pro definitely looks like a 510 model.

Do NOT buy replacement parts from them, they are way too expensive.
$30 for batteries and $30 for atomizers is more 3 times what you should be paying.

Were you using the prefilled Marlboro cartridges that come with the starter kit?

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Lezil- Thanks, I'll check it out today. I think I'm going to hold off on making another purchase just yet, as I haven't even really used the PV I have now (except for the one time that I thought the juice was going to kill me lol). I'm going to try it with the juices I ordered, and if I end up liking it, I'll take a look at other PVs. The one you suggested seems to be pretty popular, so I'll most likely end up getting it in the future. Thanks for the sites, it's nice to know where to go and not get ripped off :)

DC2- I have no idea whether it's a classic or a pro. The packaging is no help at all. If it helps answer your question at all, it's a 3-piece unit and comes with refillable cartridges. The cartridge was "wet" when I opened it, but what it was "wet" with, I do not know. The guy at the smoke shop didn't go that deep. I do know that the PV that he let us try had a cigarette-smoke-tasting vapor that I really liked, but I wasn't there when everything was being brought out and put together. I showed up after the fact, so I'm not sure exactly what they did.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that in the sorry excuse for instructions, it says that if the atomizer gets hot BEFORE use, not to use it and to disconnect it from the battery immediately. Thing is, I noticed it getting hot DURING use. Is that bad?

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
If you have an M-series, here is a model-specific sub-forum you might want to read through:

M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini - E-Cigarette Forum

You have to have a certain number of posts before you can post outside this section (nothing against new members, it just keeps the spam down).

Awesome, thanks for the link! That saves a lot of time, as I have no idea what I'm doing lol.

I totally understand about the posting restrictions. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. I can't STAND spammers.

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Lezil- Thanks, I'll check it out today. I think I'm going to hold off on making another purchase just yet, as I haven't even really used the PV I have now (except for the one time that I thought the juice was going to kill me lol). I'm going to try it with the juices I ordered, and if I end up liking it, I'll take a look at other PVs. The one you suggested seems to be pretty popular, so I'll most likely end up getting it in the future. Thanks for the sites, it's nice to know where to go and not get ripped off :)

DC2- I have no idea whether it's a classic or a pro. The packaging is no help at all. If it helps answer your question at all, it's a 3-piece unit and comes with refillable cartridges. The cartridge was "wet" when I opened it, but what it was "wet" with, I do not know. The guy at the smoke shop didn't go that deep. I do know that the PV that he let us try had a cigarette-smoke-tasting vapor that I really liked, but I wasn't there when everything was being brought out and put together. I showed up after the fact, so I'm not sure exactly what they did.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that in the sorry excuse for instructions, it says that if the atomizer gets hot BEFORE use, not to use it and to disconnect it from the battery immediately. Thing is, I noticed it getting hot DURING use. Is that bad?

The atty needs to get hot during use :) Its what makes the vapor

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
The atty needs to get hot during use :) Its what makes the vapor

Oh thank God haha. Man, I wish these instructions were a little less ambiguous...at least for me. I'm very much a "why" person when learning new things. I have to know WHY something has to be before I can understand it. There are no answers to my "whys" in this packaging. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I dunno.

I just really hope that my juices get here quick so I can try again! However, I'm wondering if the cartridges may be part of the problem and if I should go look for new ones...they do have some sort of solution in them, I hope that's not what's making this unbearable...

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Maybe just get a 510 manual and save yourself the headaches over this unit lol I'm surprised you havent thrown it at the wall yet. I have a feeling this is why many new vpers who didnt come here first end up going back to smoking.
I do wish you luck MamaF - I think youve found a nice home here to sort it all out. :thumb:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Based on the pictures from their website.
Sinless Smoke Parts and Accessories :: Sinless Smoke

The Sinless Smoke "Classic" is an M401 (or a clone of that model).
The Sinless Smoke "Pro" is a Joye510 (or clone).

Both of those are decent models really. The 510 being more of a workhorse then the 401, but the 401 is a real flavor producer. The 401 atomizer has an exposed metal mesh bridge, whereas the 510 is fully recessed.

The prices for replacement parts on that site are criminal. See litecigusa.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread