Sinless Smoke- WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Oh thank God haha. Man, I wish these instructions were a little less ambiguous...at least for me. I'm very much a "why" person when learning new things. I have to know WHY something has to be before I can understand it. There are no answers to my "whys" in this packaging. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I dunno.

I just really hope that my juices get here quick so I can try again! However, I'm wondering if the cartridges may be part of the problem and if I should go look for new ones...they do have some sort of solution in them, I hope that's not what's making this unbearable...

Have you tried using yours again? But trying to take a smaller puff? Using a PV (Person Vaporizer) Is a lot different then smoking a cigarette. The vapor hits your throat harder, So you have to learn how to properly inhale.

When my brothers (who smoke newports) asked to try my PV last night, I let them and they both started coughing up a lung... Because they tried to smoke it like a cigarette. Its all about trial and error.
If you're feeling brave, try again.

Also about VG/PG
PG gives a harsher throat hit (which some people want)
VG is soft on the throat and makes LOTS of vapor.
I like a mix of the two to even things out.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
CaptJay- I haven't tossed it because it's so cute haha! I loooooove pink, I like the black cartridge and the blue tip...I'm a girly girl, what can I say ;) Plus it was a gift from my mom, and I really appreciate the fact that she was willing to spend so much money to help get me off of cigarettes. She got a matching one, and we are looking forward to vaping together, as silly as it sounds.

As for the Sinless Smoke vs. the Joye 510 (I'm sorry poster, I just woke up and can't remember your name...please don't take it as me being dismissive, I just have the memory of a goldfish lololol), I think the 510 will be my next PV. I'm even more convinced to hold off since you said that both were pretty decent, so we'll see how this goes for a little while. If I still hate it, I'll give it one more shot with a 510 (or an eGo) and if that doesn't work, I'm giving up lol. I have faith though, and I REALLY don't want to go back to cigarettes. The smell is the worst thing in the world. Plus, I have a daughter, and even though I didn't smoke around her, I don't want her getting even a tiny bit of second hand smoke. I am DONE.

AcePilot- I haven't tried it again because I'm still not feeling completely better. I'm feeling a little bit better than yesterday, but I also spent the whole day sitting on the couch, drinking tons of water and taking Mucinex. I think I'll give it another day or so, then try with the new liquids. I ordered 100% VG, but now I'm spazzing about the stuff already in the cartridge. I'm wondering if I should get different ones...ugh! Haha :)

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Well I can understand that - a gift from mom is always precious - although if you like pink...
Joye Pink eGo
:D

I was looking at that yesterday! But can they be ordered without prefilled carts? And what is up with all the high-mg prefills, anyway? Sheeeit, I had gotten myself down to ultralights, and now I'm beating myself in the lungs with what feels like non-filters hahaha. I can't believe I smoked Reds as a kid (I started smoking when I was 15). No WAY could I handle those now :p

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
CaptJay- I haven't tossed it because it's so cute haha! I loooooove pink, I like the black cartridge and the blue tip...I'm a girly girl, what can I say ;) Plus it was a gift from my mom, and I really appreciate the fact that she was willing to spend so much money to help get me off of cigarettes. She got a matching one, and we are looking forward to vaping together, as silly as it sounds.

As for the Sinless Smoke vs. the Joye 510 (I'm sorry poster, I just woke up and can't remember your name...please don't take it as me being dismissive, I just have the memory of a goldfish lololol), I think the 510 will be my next PV. I'm even more convinced to hold off since you said that both were pretty decent, so we'll see how this goes for a little while. If I still hate it, I'll give it one more shot with a 510 (or an eGo) and if that doesn't work, I'm giving up lol. I have faith though, and I REALLY don't want to go back to cigarettes. The smell is the worst thing in the world. Plus, I have a daughter, and even though I didn't smoke around her, I don't want her getting even a tiny bit of second hand smoke. I am DONE.

AcePilot- I haven't tried it again because I'm still not feeling completely better. I'm feeling a little bit better than yesterday, but I also spent the whole day sitting on the couch, drinking tons of water and taking Mucinex. I think I'll give it another day or so, then try with the new liquids. I ordered 100% VG, but now I'm spazzing about the stuff already in the cartridge. I'm wondering if I should get different ones...ugh! Haha :)

Experimenting with the model you have is probably a good idea. There is much more of a learning curve with vaping. It's just not as straight forward as striking a matching. I started with the 401 and was able to quit smoking entirely with that model. After becoming accustomed to vaping in general, it's easier to make informed decisions about what PV might be right for you longer term. At least, that's the path I took.

If you do have a 401 model (which seems likely from the pics). You'll discover that refilling the carts can get a little tedious. There are XL carts for the 401 model which are slightly larger than the std ones. M401/M402/M403/M801/M702 "XL" Blank Cartridges

You can clean and reuse the carts many times over. If your concerned about the liquid that's in one, you can just rinse it out. The polyfil material can also be rinsed and reused (be sure they're dry first), although not indefinitely like the carts them selves. A paperclip is an indispensable tool when it comes to fiddling with 401 carts :) Generally when filling a cart for the first time, drip liquid into the empty cart to make it most of the way full, then slide the filler material in, working it down with a paperclip. Then top it off with a few more drops it appears "slushy" on top.

After you get weary of dealing with polyfil, look up Blue Foam Mod. Makes carts much more usable.

Mucinex? Yikes... sounds like you had some kind of bad reaction to something?

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
MamaFox, if you like a e-cig that looks like a real cig (analog), then yeah go for the 510. But you may find like a lot of us that they just don't perform as well as the eGo and others that don't look like analogs. It's too bad no one sells a kit with both!

On the Elixerliquid juice, I ordered 3 bottles as my first juice order. The RY4 was one of them. I like it way better than the "USA Mix" that came with my 510 kit. It's kind of a nutty flavor, but not as strong as the 555 which tastes like hazelnut to me (not a big fan of).

My fav of the 3 is Cinnabun...ooooh, it's yummy and lighter hitting than the RY4 or 555. It's my all day vapor, and a couple times a day I'll hit the RY4 for awhile to recharge my palatte.

Oh and welcome to ECF! GREAT bunch of folks here.

kot1rc5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2010
FL
When I started it tasted nasty for a few hours. I know now it was primer that the manufacturer puts in atties.

Now when I swap to a new atty I usually put 3-4 drops right on the atty bridge and then blow it out into a tissue. First from the atty side and then from the threaded side.. repeat. Then top off cartridge put 3 drops on atty bridge, reassemble the ecig and puff (not lung inhale) to test the flavor. That usually does the trick.

Once you tire of the sorry ... battery life of analog cigarette sized e-cigs look at the ego/tornado/riva/hello16 type ecigs. 1 battery(650mah) lasts 6+hours. I carry an spare but rarely need it. Now they have 900, 1000, and 1300mah batteries, those would last me almost 2 days.

Don't give up, ecigs got me off of a 27y pack a day habit. Some report stopping immediately, it took me a month to figure it out and get the right kit and strong enough nic juice.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I was looking at that yesterday! But can they be ordered without prefilled carts? And what is up with all the high-mg prefills, anyway? Sheeeit, I had gotten myself down to ultralights, and now I'm beating myself in the lungs with what feels like non-filters hahaha. I can't believe I smoked Reds as a kid (I started smoking when I was 15). No WAY could I handle those now :p

The carts come as standard but all you do is take the filler out, wash it and add juice of your choice. Pretty easy :)
FYI their 'high' is 26mg nic. I must admit I used mine first - they came in handy for craving moments even though the dekang marlb was pretty rough lol

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Thanks so much to everyone who is replying to me. I can't tell you guys how much help you've been. Had I not come here, I'd probably would have sold my PV on ebay and called it a day lol.

On the plus side, I took more pics of my PV and the packaging, hopefully that will help. I also spoke with the AWESOME lady at Velvet Vapors, who also gave me some great suggestions.

As for my carts, they're def prefilled with "med" juice, which I'm assuming is the Marlboro since the tester at the head shop tasted just like a real cigarette. I took some pics of the cart when I poked the paperclip down there, and I'm hoping they'll help you guys help me to learn how to rinse the sucker out. I see that CaptJay (I think...stupid memory haha) already gave me some instructions, but I want to make sure that the cart is something that you're familiar with. It looks...not like I've heard it described haha.

I was thinking about rinsing the "stuffing" (sorry, not up on all the lingo yet lol), letting it dry, then putting the drops on before I put it back in the cart. For some reason, the thought of sucking juice just freaks me out (thought I'm sure at some point, I'll experience it and get used to it...or just not freak out about it), so I was thinking maybe this was the best method for avoiding it? IDK :p

Okay, so here are the pics:

2e2m4av.jpg

2dciiwn.jpg

iy0ehw.jpg

30w6wba.jpg

^^That cart is a little weird to me. It has another plastic piece which contains the batting. Is that the usual? Should I take the batting out of the second plastic piece, or remove the whole plastic piece, leaving the batting in, and rinse the whole thing out?

Color me confused :( Sorry if I'm being a pain.

OH...and if these things are prefilled with 18mg of nicotine, and we dropped 18mg juice on top of that...did we freakin' get 36MG of nicotine?!?!?!

I'm starting to want to go back to the head shop and start getting REAL .....y :evil:

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Oh, and another thing...when asked about the battery life, the guy at the head shop said that when he vapes (and claims his PV usage is comparable to how often he smokes), the battery lasts "a good two days." I've seen that PVs comparable to mine have really lousy battery life. Is this guy BSing me? It's starting to sound like he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

I'm not TOO concerned about batt life, since I have two and I can just charge one while using the other, but still...I'm starting to think this dude is just no bueno.

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
okay, I have to know: AcePilot- what :laugh: is an assclown sheriff?

haha there as a poll to decide what word is better for describing trouble makers on the forum, Troll, Or AssClown.

Due to my constant and clever use of the word "AssClown" I recieved my "... Clown Sheriff" badge from another member. :D

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Oh, and another thing...when asked about the battery life, the guy at the head shop said that when he vapes (and claims his PV usage is comparable to how often he smokes), the battery lasts "a good two days." I've seen that PVs comparable to mine have really lousy battery life. Is this guy BSing me? It's starting to sound like he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

I'm not TOO concerned about batt life, since I have two and I can just charge one while using the other, but still...I'm starting to think this dude is just no bueno.

About the nicotine:
No, Don't worry, its still just 18mg nicotine! ;)
And... Any one who tells you that a battery like that will last two days is full if S**t... The more it looks like a cigarette, the worse the battery life. (Personal opinion)

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
I officially want to chew that guy's face off.

Sadly, some vendors will say anything to get you to buy their product. I went to a mall with my far superior (my opinion) high voltage 510 PV. The kiosk was smoking everywhere, and said that their atomizer was the best on the market, and challenged me to a vapor contest. I beat him badly, and he claimed that he had been vaping that battery for two days, so it was low.

Can I ask how much you paid for the kit? (If you already posted, I'm sorry I did not see.) Also, if you'd like a very long lasting battery, you might want to get a big battery mod. PM me if you have any more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread