Sinless Smoke- WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
RedRamen- My mom bought 2 kits; each had two batteries, 5 carts, a USB charger with a wall converter, and they threw in two bottles of juice. The original price of the kits was $90 each. He sold her both for $130.

I'm okay with battery life for now. I'm too poor to modify anything at the moment lol (just recently laid off...ahhh, California haha), so I will have to "rough it" for now :p I'm just boggled by the cartridge. Is that what they all look like? I want to rinse it out tonight so it's dry when my juices get here, I'm just afraid I'm gonna mess it up...:?:

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
I officially want to chew that guy's face off.

Did he say he vapes?
He could have been just saying that to get you to buy it, A LOT of places (kiosks/smoke shops) fake it till they make it. They say what they are told to say, or repeat what they have read off the box. Alot of websites (the bull s**t ones that charge $150 for a kit) will say that their stuff is the best, that a cartridge will last you a week, and the batteries last for a couple days. Most of the time they don't even know they are liars.
If he does vape, and straight up lied to you, He deserves to get his face chewed off. I have turned a lot of people on to vaping, and I am always VERY honest about how long things really last.
Strangers see me vaping, and they are like oh! I saw one of those on tv last night for only $130!! Do the carts really equal a carton?
I then explain all the truths, and point them in the right direction.

RedRamen

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Banning CA
RedRamen- My mom bought 2 kits; each had two batteries, 5 carts, a USB charger with a wall converter, and they threw in two bottles of juice. The original price of the kits was $90 each. He sold her both for $130.

I'm okay with battery life for now. I'm too poor to modify anything at the moment lol (just recently laid off...ahhh, California haha), so I will have to "rough it" for now :p I'm just boggled by the cartridge. Is that what they all look like? I want to rinse it out tonight so it's dry when my juices get here, I'm just afraid I'm gonna mess it up...:?:

I can't really tell from your picture what kind of cart it is (or what e-cig model it is) but it does look strange. I'm going to look it up right now and find what model it is so I can help you further.

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
I can't really tell from your picture what kind of cart it is (or what e-cig model it is) but it does look strange. I'm going to look it up right now and find what model it is so I can help you further.

Im trying to figure out what model its cloned after, but not having much luck. :(

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
RedRamen- Thanks a ton. Awesomeness is abundant in here :)

AcePilot- He claims that he vapes. I'm ready to get REAL ethnic on this guy :-x Either way, he lied to us. I have no patience for liars.

The guy is a ....er. Just don't let it get you down! Most of us got screwed in the beginning, then we found this forum, and figured everything out.

kevinthemix

Jul 24, 2010
Tempe, Arizona
its a sin already if you bought from them. try tastyvapor, they've got good stuff. I get my stuff from thevapormal.com, but they're backlogged sometimes (prob because theyr prices are low and people are on a frenzy).

anyways - it takes time to get used to, it took me like a week until I got the hang of it. The one thing you shouldnt do is get discouraged becuase you bought crappy stuff. these DIY eliquid people think they're gonna rock the market with ZERO experience in mixing. What a sin

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
Im trying to figure out what model its cloned after, but not having much luck. :(

It is a 401, we established that on page 1.

Yes, the little clear plastic thing inside the black plastic tube is ACTUALLY the cart. It CAN be removed from the black "cart tube", but does not need to be removed for filling, or really any other purpose.

To remove it, you will need a long, thin apparatus, similar to a dental pick, but again, it doesn't have to be.

The best way to go about cleaning them out is to use a pair of tweezers (I am sure you have those) and pull the stuffing out of the cart, wash it off in the sink, squish it up in a papertowel to dry it, and stuff it back down in there.

Just be careful when putting the juice back in using this method, as the clear plastic cart inside is "D" shaped, so if you drip on the flat side, you will be sucking juice.

You can also get parts, accessories, and extra blank carts from here http://www.litecigusa.net/category_s/26.htm

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
i just want to say that in the last 2 days i have learned A LOT about vaping and i think i have only just scratched the surface. i bought a generic kit from a tobacco shop and had a very hard time figuring out what model it was until i read your first post in this thread and the responses to it.

anyhow, i took the plastic inner cart out, removed the batting, cleaned the inner cart, (rinsed and air dry, nothing special) and removed the foil and anything else that was attached to it. i then use the PTB method to make BETTER batting and placed that inside of it. i slowly applied about 10 or so drops, let it sit for a minute or two and it hits and vapes great! i think it has something to do with the way the tea bag material soaks the juice. oh, and if you do this, make sure you follow the PTB directions in MoobyGhost's video (i think thats his name) to do it. he explains it well. one thing i will say is that i dont think he mentions that you should trim the batting so the atty doesnt burn the fabric and end up smoking instead of vaping.

does anyone have the link to the PTB video? im still new and havent memorized where everything is yet.

i hope this helps. all the vaping info can all be frustrating and overwhelming at first, but once you get it all figured out it is WAYYY worth it. (smoked for 15 years and i dont get cig cravings anymore, i get vape cravings...weird.) GOOD LUCK!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
the battery lasts "a good two days." I've seen that PVs comparable to mine have really lousy battery life. Is this guy BSing me? It's starting to sound like he doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Two days... ha ha very funny... two hours would be much closer to the truth. A very rough guide is 1 hour per 100 mah, mah is a measure of battery charge capacity. The std ecig batteries range in mah from 100 on the low side for some of the really tiny super-minis up to around 300 for some of the really long extended batts.

That's definitely the 401. The cart design with inner cart says it all.

When filling the cart, you don't want to soak the filler before stuffing it it. You'll have a grand mess on your hands if you try something like that. Actually you want to avoid getting the liquid on your hands as nicotine can be absorbed thru the skin.

For an initial fill with all dry carts and stuffing.
* remove stuffing from the inner cart
* drip into empty cart till its nearly full
* slip stuffing into the cart into the liquid
* work it down with a paperclip
* if you push it in too far, lift it up a bit with the paperclip

The stuffing is fairly resilient to being poked and prodded with a paperclip.

For topping off a filled cart
* poke the stuffing down a bit
* drip into the cart with the stuffing in place
* pull the stuffing up a bit, then back down (liquid will get drawn deeper in)
* drip some more to top off
* pull the stuffing back up to top

The carts come with more polyfil stuffing than you really want or need. You can trim it down some and probably get better results (liquid flowing more easily into the atomizer).

I stopped using the polyfil a long time ago and switched to using Blue Foam instead. Lasts longer and easier to work with. This is the blue foam material, it can be found at petsmart's here is CA.
Marineland Magnum Foam Sleeve "Rite-Size U" 3pk. I prep this stuff for use by boiling it in filtered water to remove the foamyness taste. Some people use Pyramid Tea Bags (PTB) as an alternate stuffing material too.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about, actually demonstrates quite a bit about vaping.

Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
all the vaping info can all be frustrating and overwhelming at first, but once you get it all figured out it is WAYYY worth it. (smoked for 15 years and i dont get cig cravings anymore, i get vape cravings...weird.) GOOD LUCK!

Exactly this, and the PV she purchased is a VERY popular one, and is not crappy at all, it is just the price that is out of hand.:?:

BUT, like MOST everyone here gets "taken advantage of" with there first purchase. :-x

Again, the 401 is a good device, and some say it has THE BEST atomizer. (I personally just found the soon forgotten joye 302 atty which I love :confused:)

I am sure that mamafox will be FINE in the end, and get everything taken care of. :party:

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
Exactly this, and the PV she purchased is a VERY popular one, and is not crappy at all, it is just the price that is out of hand.:?:

BUT, like MOST everyone here gets "taken advantage of" with there first purchase. :-x

Again, the 401 is a good device, and some say it has THE BEST atomizer. (I personally just found the soon forgotten joye 302 atty which I love :confused:)

I am sure that mamafox will be FINE in the end, and get everything taken care of. :party:

i am pretty sure mine is a 401 and i probably wont "replace" it...ever. and i agree, i think mamafox will be fine.

@mamafox: just make sure you draw on it properly or you will get juice in your mouth and in the back of your throat which will cause a lot of coughing. if you see a liquid substance on the end of your e-cig you are drawing too hard and/or too fast. slow, steady pulls lasting 3-5 seconds. your cart and juice will last much longer. this is just what i have found through trolling and experience. if anyone disagrees please correct me. i dont want to steer anyone astray.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
I'm feeling much more relaxed and confident about everything now. I'm going to clean the cart tonight, and just start with one for now. I have 9 VG juices and 1 PG/VG mix, just to see if I really am sensitive to PG. I'll start with VGs, then after about a week, I'll try the blend. This will also give me time to feel completely better.

It's funny how you guys mentioned the pulls...my mom was getting ZERO vape when she tried, but I got thick, thick clouds. I pretty much treated it like a...er..."water pipe" ;) When you want to build a thick hit, you pull more slowly, whereas you'll get less smoke with a faster pull. It worked for me every time. She still has some issues, but I think she'll get the hang of it.

I'm getting excited again :D

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I've been reading this whole thread.....the people here are soooo fantastic. I've been vaping for just 3 weeks now, and this site has been invaluable! I just wanted to add one more vendor for juices.....Vaporbomb. They are so great there. Their flavors are all great and they have PG and VG....and you can choose the mix you prefer...or all PG or all VG. And they have nic levels down to zero if you like. They are FAST and so very nice. They have been my "go to" vendor for juice since the beginning and have never disappointed. Just saying.....

This whole vaping thing gets easier and easier...and more and more fun as you learn more about it. I have given up cigarettes (analogs, if you will) completely....almost by accident! And I smoked a LOT for over 40 years! Never, never, NEVER thought I'd be able to quit. These e-cigs are nothing short of a miracle in my books!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
This whole vaping thing gets easier and easier...and more and more fun as you learn more about it. I have given up cigarettes (analogs, if you will) completely....almost by accident! And I smoked a LOT for over 40 years! Never, never, NEVER thought I'd be able to quit. These e-cigs are nothing short of a miracle in my books!

That's what happened to me too. I got an ecig just out of curiosity to see what it was like. Immediately I went from a pack a day to a pack a week... and a month later down to zero. After that, I had a couple of set backs where I bought a pack and smoked em all pretty quickly. But that was many months ago now. Cancer sticks are ancient history without much effort... amazing.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
There are two inhalation techniques commonly used - I'll call them the direct inhale and the secondary inhale, but they probably have fancier names. If you're doing a direct inhale and find it harsh, try the other.

Direct inhale is where you inhale straight from the e-cig into the lungs, with open air passage through the throat. It makes it harsher, which helps some who want the TH of a harsh cigarette.

Secondary inhale involves first pulling the vapor into your mouth and keep air from going into your throat to avoid that hit, much like if you were pouring water into your mouth. Then you move the e-cig away and open your mouth, drawing regular air mixed with the vapor into your lungs. This dilutes and cools the vapor and makes it less harsh.

undefind

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
California
That's what happened to me too. I got an ecig just out of curiosity to see what it was like. Immediately I went from a pack a day to a pack a week... and a month later down to zero. After that, I had a couple of set backs where I bought a pack and smoked em all pretty quickly. But that was many months ago now. Cancer sticks are ancient history without much effort... amazing.

same here. someone told me about e-cigs so i went to the store and bought a kit. took me 3 days to finish up the pack i had left. havent smoked since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread