Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
2 days fora battery *picks self up off floor from laughing so hard*
Chew his face off - there you have official permission - I can suck a regular (not an eGo) 510 battery dry inside 20 mins. How often was this vendor using his? once a day? :lol:
Yeah those carts dont look like normal ones - not sure Id feel confident telling you to pull hte stuffing out of those - but if you get an eGo you can pull out stuffing all day* without an issue. The stuffing washes up well too - dries very quickly - so you can add you own nic juices to it. Or do I as a lot of us and just direct drip, which means never bothering with cart stuffing again unless you go out :)

*in the interests of not being on the end of face-chewing i should add that this statement is exagerated :D

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
2 days for a battery...
Yeah those carts dont look like normal ones - not sure Id feel confident telling you to pull hte stuffing out of those

I have no clue how somebody could say "2 days" with a straight face. Such an outright lie. Sure, if you smoke one cigarette a day you can expect the 401 batt to last that long... but c'mon.

About the cart... looks like a "normal" 401 cart to me. Maybe you're used to the sleeved atty designs? I think all of the exposed bridge attys (401,blu,306, m602...) have inner/outer cart designs.

The exposed bridge attys are good for "dipping" instead of "dripping". Get a contact lens case. Put about 6 or 8 drops into it. Dip the atty down into the liquid, just dip the mesh bridge in. Liquid soaks in thru the metal mesh. Put a cart on w/o the inner cart in place. vape away for several drags. Repeat as needed. Not a bad way to go if your lounging around at home.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Bay Area native in Medford, OR
Yeah, I'm pretty much ready to go down to the shop and, as mentioned, chew his effin face off. However, I'm resisting because it probably won't save anyone else the screwing-over, and I'm already informed, decided I'm okay with the batt life, and moving on. He'll get his.

Sooooo excited about getting my juices and giving this sucker a real try! Wooo!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I would strongly suggest that you follow these instructions before trying your new juice in a cartridge, just so that we can avoid some other potential issues that may be waiting for you...

1) Blow out any and all juice or primer fluid that may be in your atomizer
2) Blow it out some more
3) Put three drops of your new juice directly on the atomizer bridge
4) Let that soak in for 30 seconds
5) Put two more drops of your new juice directly on the atomizer bridge
6) Let that soak in for 30 seconds
7) Put an empty cartridge with no filler material onto the atomizer
8) GO FOR IT!!

If that works with no issues, then move on to using your cartridges if you want.
But if you have any problems come back and see us before trying your cartridges.
:)

If you haven't read yet about how to blow out your atomizer, we'll be happy to tell you.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
The exposed bridge attys are good for "dipping" instead of "dripping". Get a contact lens case. Put about 6 or 8 drops into it. Dip the atty down into the liquid, just dip the mesh bridge in. Liquid soaks in thru the metal mesh. Put a cart on w/o the inner cart in place. Vape away for several drags. Repeat as needed. Not a bad way to go if your lounging around at home.

I have a Joye 306 atty I use SOLELY for this purpose. It would get to cumbersome out on the go, but sitting at home, and trying out juices I find it is the BEST way to do it.

I ACTUALLY just ordered a couple of "BLU" knockoffs from DealXtreme, just to see what it is all about. I have seen PLENTY of pictures, but never actually used one. SOME people really like them, and I am becoming quite a collector of Vaping gear.

They are BLU kits, but have different logos on them, Chinese instruction manuals, and do not come with plugs that will go into my American wall, but they were cheap, and have the PCC, with a USB plug.

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Instead of blowing out the atty, would it be a *horribly* bad thing to follow this tut?

YouTube - E-Cigarette Maintenance part1

I'm thinking of trying it this way instead of using the cart, at least for now (as suggested by DC2). Once I'm a little more comfortable with with my PV (and my ability to NOT screw it all up), I'll try the blue foam mod. It looks easy enough, but I like to try different things and start with the simplest first :)

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
The exposed bridge attys are good for "dipping" instead of "dripping". Get a contact lens case. Put about 6 or 8 drops into it. Dip the atty down into the liquid, just dip the mesh bridge in. Liquid soaks in thru the metal mesh. Put a cart on w/o the inner cart in place. Vape away for several drags. Repeat as needed. Not a bad way to go if your lounging around at home.

Ahh good call. I'm starting to think that I will most likely dip or drip at home (ha that sounds dirty...ohhh I love my horribly immature mind), then pre-fill some carts to keep in my purse for when I'm out and about.

Good times, I'm starting to feel a little less dumb. Haha.

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
Ahh good call. I'm starting to think that I will most likely dip or drip at home (ha that sounds dirty...ohhh I love my horribly immature mind), then pre-fill some carts to keep in my purse for when I'm out and about.

Good times, I'm starting to feel a little less dumb. Haha.

It takes a minute to get used to... I know ;) Smoking was so simple, And this takes a bit of time to get used to, but its worth it. I am really glad you are so open minded about all, and are willing to try even though you have had some issues!

I drip while I am at home, and use cartos while I am out and about.. And I use an atty with a cart while I am driving (I have a manual passthrough plugged into my cigarette lighter). Everyone does things a little differently, you just need to figure out what works with your lifestyle. Sounds like you have an excellent plan :)

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I have a Joye 306 atty I use SOLELY for this purpose. It would get to cumbersome out on the go, but sitting at home, and trying out juices I find it is the BEST way to do it.

I just ordered a bunch of new liquids, 10 small 5ml samples... I'm thinking I'll be doing just that with my 401 to get a taste of what each is like.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Sounds like you are armed and dangerous now with all sort of new found tips-and-tricks to go on :)

Instead of blowing out the atty, would it be a *horribly* bad thing to follow this tut?

Generally you don't have to thoroughly clean attys too frequently, but considering the reaction you had initially, rinsing and drying like that might be a good idea. Then your mind could be at ease about having rid the atty of the old juice altogether. I've never had a bad reaction to liquid so I don't know what measures people that do take to remedy things?

In the spirit of simple is good...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Generally you don't have to thoroughly clean attys too frequently, but considering the reaction you had initially, rinsing and drying like that might be a good idea. Then your mind could be at ease about having rid the atty of the old juice altogether. I've never had a bad reaction to liquid so I don't know what measures people that do take to remedy things?

In the spirit of simple is good...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html

I'm wondering if I should clean the atty and try vaping with a pre-filled cart. Since I put drops on top of a pre-filled cart, I guess I can't really be sure which one I reacted to...?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I'm wondering if I should clean the atty and try vaping with a pre-filled cart. Since I put drops on top of a pre-filled cart, I guess I can't really be sure which one I reacted to...?

You might have been vaping a primer liquid that attys are sometimes prep'd with? Doesn't taste real good (maybe its pure pg?). I think its added (sometimes) so it's not totally dry on first use. I just blown out the primer into a tissue prior to first use. When they're totally dry you have to get some liquid into them and let it soak in a bit (like DC2 described). Even if you put a cart on, its not a bad idea to put a drop or two on the bridge and let it soak in.

afireinsideok

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma City
i recommend using only forum approved suppliers of e-cigs and juice. instant gratification will only get you so far on your cessation or switch, many of my friends have tried head shop brand e-cigs and have gone back to analogs. shaun at litecig is great and always gets my orders to me in 3 days....just a thought for you

MamaFox

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Hehe I tried it before I read the responses...and I'm okay today. I didn't like the taste, so I only inhaled once; so far, I'm not dying lol. My throat and chest felt a little tight afterward, so I definitely think there's a sensitivity, but at least I know my PV a little better now. I can't wait for my liquids to get here so I can try again! Weeeee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread