Siren Digiflavor RTA leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
I picked up a Siren Digiflavor as my first rebuildable thing. I love it, but am having some minor seeping issues when I replace the wick.

I get that there's a learning curve, the most challenging part for me is getting the amount of wick right. The first time I made it too thick and it leaked a lot. Second time, too thin, and it seeped and popped. This time I was sure I had it right, it was tight in the coil but not so much that it moved the coil when I pulled the wick, but still, she seeps! It generally seems to be coming from the seam, where the glass part meets the base (the base being the part with the airholes). The seeping is not so bad that I bother to rewick it, but enough that I notice it, and my fingers get sticky.

It didn't leak when the store get it up for me, so I know it's something I'm doing. Any tips and troubleshooting ideas I can consider the next time I re-wick?

I've included a couple pics in case I'm doing something obviously wrong. These were from the slightly-too-thin wick, but other than that.
IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_3991.JPG

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Personally Id lift the wicks a little as the come out of the coil to keep them away from the deck and airflow too
if they touch that area they will feed that area with juices ,
juice travels up the wick as it touches the deck allowing juice to airflow
and at a sharp angle on entering the coil especially the bottom juice could drip out. Instead of entering coil
A crappy quick drawing , any thing the Wick touches it supplies juice too
this is why many have leaks through airflow

They do not keep wicks away from it ,
6b129064beec0a6c5e00d0db0b3b947c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've had one of these for a while now and use it every day. I've noticed that if I put anything smaller than a 3mm coil that I get bad leaking. I noticed that the tails on the wick were cut short in the picture. I don't know if it's the right way to do it but I always run my wick down to the bottom of the tank and rest on the bottom.

Miramooke

Jun 22, 2017
    I've had one of these for a while now and use it every day. I've noticed that if I put anything smaller than a 3mm coil that I get bad leaking. I noticed that the tails on the wick were cut short in the picture. I don't know if it's the right way to do it but I always run my wick down to the bottom of the tank and rest on the bottom.

Oh interesting. My coil is about 2, 2.5mm I believe. Not sure why but it's what he recommend (1.5ohm, maybe that's why).

When I first got it the tails on the wick were long, in fact they hugged up against the post under the base. I replicated that in my first attempt and got a big leak. I googled a few vids and they all had short tails like this so I tried that instead. I did have less leaking but no idea if that's the result of the shorter wicks or something else I did different.

benley73

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 2, 2016
    The wick tails dont need to touch the bottom doing so adds more cotton reduces juice capacity ,the wicks still get soaked each time you tilt the atomiser to vape , i have other atties Origen MKII RDTA Limitles plus Limitless Classic RDTA that can be wicked to bottom but dont bother Todo so now ,
    but yes I agree 3mm id the bigger id coils give more cotton to juice channels to help juice psssing by onto deck

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Oh interesting. My coil is about 2, 2.5mm I believe. Not sure why but it's what he recommend (1.5ohm, maybe that's why).

When I first got it the tails on the wick were long, in fact they hugged up against the post under the base. I replicated that in my first attempt and got a big leak. I googled a few vids and they all had short tails like this so I tried that instead. I did have less leaking but no idea if that's the result of the shorter wicks or something else I did different.

It seemed like with the smaller coils that I just couldn't get enough cotton to keep it from leaking. I've been using 3mm 26/32 Clapton coils in it and having good luck for several months now. Like I said, the only leaking was when I tried to go smaller. It probably doesn't matter how long the tails are but I always do it the same way.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    A couple of fix's - #1 Remove the air diffuser then unscrew the 510 pin and find a screwdriver that will fit inside but be wide enough to catch the air tube slot and gently tighten down the air tube, this has worked for many people.
    poop.jpg

Loosen the air tube and remove the positive block and put a 4mm x 1mm o-ring around the air tube and push it down until it touches the bottom block then screw the positive tightly back in place, reinstall the air diffuser and reinstall the 510 screw. 20170529_122850.jpeg

Attachments

• 20170529_123902.jpeg
      20170529_123902.jpeg
      161 KB · Views: 759
    Last edited:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    The wick tails dont need to touch the bottom doing so adds more cotton reduces juice capacity ,the wicks still get soaked each time you tilt the atomiser to vape , i have other atties Origen MKII RDTA Limitles plus Limitless Classic RDTA that can be wicked to bottom but dont bother Todo so now ,
    but yes I agree 3mm id the bigger id coils give more cotton to juice channels to help juice psssing by onto deck

What's the gauge you use for the 3 mm coil?

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Miramooke, is yours a 25 or a 22 (looks like a 25?)?, and for the folks who are familiar, is it different between the two, for coil diameter, wicking, etc? (waiting for a 22 here, so wanting to learn!)

Hey tazzle, how you do'in. I have both 22mm and 25mm and there is no difference in the coil diameter to use, or the wicking, use the same in both, the decks are identical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread