Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
So I'm trying to quit smoking, it's only been a few days now but ever since I started vaping I haven't been sleeping.. at all.. maybe 2-3 hours a night. I believe it's because I used to have a smoke before I go to bed then I'd be headrocked to sleep. :(

does anyone have any tips for me. I don't want to smoke but I feel like that's the only way I'll be able to sleep.

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
That happened to me as well. Along with the after meal cigarette craving. I continued the after meal and before bedtime cigarette for a while. Eventually I got to the point that cigarettes were no longer attractive to me. They stunk and tasted bad. Wish I had some other alternative to offer you.

Tapped from my LG G3

Reactions: TronCat

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Trouble with trying to get to sleep is it becomes harder the more you try. Thats why for most kids its hard to sleep the night before Christmas.
If the usually sleep suggestions - Dark room , limit activity leading up to bed etc don't work.
Well perhaps some tweaking of your current set up may help.

Reactions: TronCat

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
WTA could help a great deal; it supplies several more alkaloids that we're used to getting from smoking. It certainly relieves cravings admirably, and also depression; both of those, I know from personal experience. Don't moan at the price; wholecig.com has 24mg WTA for $20.95 (15ml) and you mix it with your ejuice, not vape it straight. I started out with it as 10% of my ejuice; now down to 6%, and about to go down to 5% at the end of this month.

But, the sleeplessness phase passes pretty quickly. I also had it, though I thought it was just because I had discovered such a great forum. Insomnia and I have been on a first-name basis for 40+ yrs. Now that I've been off smokes for a while, I think I actually sleep better, more soundly -- frequently wake up in the exact same position in which I went to sleep.

Andria

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
It could be too much nic just before bed. When I started, I was using 18mg juice and I'd wake up about every 90 minutes. Once I started lowering my nicotine level, the frequency of waking up declined. I still do sometimes but not as often. And I fall back to sleep faster. Keep a lower nic juice handy for the late evenings. It should help.

TronCat

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2015
Canada
It could be too much nic just before bed. When I started, I was using 18mg juice and I'd wake up about every 90 minutes. Once I started lowering my nicotine level, the frequency of waking up declined. I still do sometimes but not as often. And I fall back to sleep faster. Keep a lower nic juice handy for the late evenings. It should help.
yea im using 18 right now but ill pick up a 12 or something lower

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

Excellent point! I'd forgotten, but when I first started, I needed to drop my nic level after dinner, or when I went to bed I had such a pounding heart it was very hard to get to sleep.

Now I vape the same mg all day and night, but at first I really couldn't.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I've been struggling with insomnia, strong cigarette cravings, terrible itching, depression and anxiety, and gastrointestinal issues. I hope it is going to get better. :/

All of that sounds like cigarette withdrawal, EXCEPT the itching... that sounds like an allergy. I think I've seen around here that itching could be related to PG sensitivity/allergy...?

Andria

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Hi Andria, I Googled it last night and other people have reported it too when quitting smoking, so I don't really know. It was awful last night, just crazy when I tried to go to sleep. of course, I had been watching Naked and Afraid with the participants getting bit by mosquitoes all night so who knows, maybe some psychological stuff there too. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hi Andria, I Googled it last night and other people have reported it too when quitting smoking, so I don't really know. It was awful last night, just crazy when I tried to go to sleep. of course, I had been watching Naked and Afraid with the participants getting bit by mosquitoes all night so who knows, maybe some psychological stuff there too. :D

I guess it could just be another weirdness from quitting smoking; the stuff that smoking has some effect on, seems endless. I do recall that itching is a withdrawal symptom from a narcotic that starts with H.

And yeah it definitely could be psychological after watching a show like that -- if I see anything about any kind of bugs on people, I itch all over!

Andria

Reactions: Puff2K

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Haha, there are so many bugs on that show it gives me the creeps but I watch anyway for some reason. it's adventure! I'm not on any of those types of medications presently - the ones that are synthetic forms of that one you mention although I have been in the past and didn't have quite that level of itching. Thankfully Benadryl helps it and I have a good supply here.

Reactions: AndriaD

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
Haha, there are so many bugs on that show it gives me the creeps but I watch anyway for some reason. it's adventure! I'm not on any of those types of medications presently - the ones that are synthetic forms of that one you mention although I have been in the past and didn't have quite that level of itching. Thankfully Benadryl helps it and I have a good supply here.

When I have an occasional night where I'm restless, can't fall asleep and itchy, I take 2 Benadryl tablets and 15 minutes later I'm asleep. My wife asked her doctor and he said that it's safe to take every night if needed.

Reactions: Puff2K

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I do the same with Dramamine, which works better for me than Benadryl -- benadryl just makes me feel like I'm in a fog; Dramamine actually makes my eyelids heavy. I've been taking 3 every night for, oh, about 25 yrs I guess.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread