slight chest tightness after quitting e-cig/vaping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
In cigarettes, there are other things in them that are addictive, besides the nicotine. You probably experienced some withdrawal when you switched to vaping. Now that you are no longer vaping, you have to get past the addiction to the nicotine that you were still getting in the vape. That's why most of us vape, to get the nicotine that we are addicted to in the most harm reduction way possible, and still have that sensation of smoking. Smoking and the hand to mouth movement was/is our way of de-stressing and relaxing. A way to step back and chill.

I wish you luck in getting your body and mind back to a healthy place. :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. My sincere condolences to you in regards to losing your friend.
Anyway I read somewhere that nicotine withdrawal includes slight chest tightness but most of them is because of cigarettes I think. Or is it the same with E-Cig/Vapes ?
Some vapers have reported that VG affects their lungs with a heaviness or tightness. Good to see you went to your Dr. Some have also reported a sensitivity to PG.
Also the drowsiness how long does it normally last? its been 4 days and I'm kinda worried.
Feeling drowsiness or having bouts of insomnia in the first 2-3 weeks is normal. Anxiety is also sometimes a reaction. Realize also you just lost an acquaintance so I would imagine you're under a lot of stress.

"Feeling tired while quitting is a natural reaction to the withdrawal of nicotine. Nicotine boosts your metabolism to a higher level than is reached in a normal state. As a result of the lack of nicotine, your body will have to adjust by lowering your metabolism. This will reduce your energy level to below what you are used to, but it is also a temporary effect. Soon your body will adjust, metabolism levels will even out and stay steady, and you will become accustomed to the new level of energy."

For some nicotine is a stimulant while for others it's a relaxant. Vaping nicotine is a far less efficient nicotine delivery system than smoking because the vapor particles are too large to enter the bloodstream via the lungs. Most vaped nicotine is absorbed in the mouth and nasal areas. Usually nicotine persists in the body for 2-4 days BUT there are also the other very addictive chems from tobacco that can take up to 2-3 weeks to be fully flushed from the body.
Take heart in knowing your Dr. gave you a clean bill of health and you are now on the path to a healthier lifestyle..Knowing that one day you will be walking your daughter down the aisle is something well worth fighting for IMHO.
Wishing You the Very Best of Luck :thumbs:

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Hello everyone greetings from the Philippines! first of all I'd like to apologize for my English and I don't know if this is the right section to post this.

Anyway I read somewhere that nicotine withdrawal includes slight chest tightness but most of them is because of cigarettes I think. Or is it the same with E-Cig/Vapes ?

I quit vaping for 4 days now and been experiencing some drowsiness and some chest tightness. If so how long this chest tightness normally last? (oh by the way I'm not coughing or anything.)

Anyway its been almost a year since I quit cigarettes (11 months) and transitioned to e-cigarette with no problem.

so I guess my questions are: is it normal to have chest tightness when you quit e-cig and how long does it normally last? Also the drowsiness how long does it normally last? its been 4 days and I'm kinda worried.

Why I quit?

Why I quit was because of my hypertension and decided to change some of lifestyle. I recently lost someone I know but not really a close friend but just an acquaintance due to heart attack and he is just 29 years old. It kinda served as a wake up call for me. the guy is relatively healthy and active. he just dropped dead one afternoon.
stop worrying about nicotine. after 4 days your red blood cells are carrying nicotine free oxygen. after 2 weeks any angst from no nic will be gone, unless you allow yourself to believe the lies we were told about nicotine. i recovered from the flu i got 100 days into my quit program. haven't touched the vaporizer since. with no ill effects from nicotine withdrawal for the second time. had a horrible day yesterday, worked for almost 18 hours, no vaporizer, not missing nicotine, and learning how to deal with problems without a lit cigarette sticking out of every orifice of my body.allow yourself to heal from the effects of vaping.(i doubt it will last long) there will be discomfort time to time. most of which can be rectified by hydrating. you can do this.

Last edited:

jayj

Jun 3, 2013
Philippines
In cigarettes, there are other things in them that are addictive, besides the nicotine. You probably experienced some withdrawal when you switched to vaping. Now that you are no longer vaping, you have to get past the addiction to the nicotine that you were still getting in the vape. That's why most of us vape, to get the nicotine that we are addicted to in the most harm reduction way possible, and still have that sensation of smoking. Smoking and the hand to mouth movement was/is our way of de-stressing and relaxing. A way to step back and chill.

I wish you luck in getting your body and mind back to a healthy place. :)

Thanks Robino1. Actually the only thing I experience switching from Analog to Vaping was headache.. but that lasted like less than 24hrs. Anyway I'm vaping 0mg nicotine now and yeah I agree about the hand to mouth movement thing.

Hi and welcome to ECF. My sincere condolences to you in regards to losing your friend.

Some vapers have reported that VG affects their lungs with a heaviness or tightness. Good to see you went to your Dr. Some have also reported a sensitivity to PG.

Feeling drowsiness or having bouts of insomnia in the first 2-3 weeks is normal. Anxiety is also sometimes a reaction. Realize also you just lost an acquaintance so I would imagine you're under a lot of stress.

"Feeling tired while quitting is a natural reaction to the withdrawal of nicotine. Nicotine boosts your metabolism to a higher level than is reached in a normal state. As a result of the lack of nicotine, your body will have to adjust by lowering your metabolism. This will reduce your energy level to below what you are used to, but it is also a temporary effect. Soon your body will adjust, metabolism levels will even out and stay steady, and you will become accustomed to the new level of energy."

For some nicotine is a stimulant while for others it's a relaxant. Vaping nicotine is a far less efficient nicotine delivery system than smoking because the vapor particles are too large to enter the bloodstream via the lungs. Most vaped nicotine is absorbed in the mouth and nasal areas. Usually nicotine persists in the body for 2-4 days BUT there are also the other very addictive chems from tobacco that can take up to 2-3 weeks to be fully flushed from the body.
Take heart in knowing your Dr. gave you a clean bill of health and you are now on the path to a healthier lifestyle..Knowing that one day you will be walking your daughter down the aisle is something well worth fighting for IMHO.
Wishing You the Very Best of Luck :thumbs:

Thanks Vapoor eyes er. I think I'm just thinking way to much... I really have to control this anxiety. thanks for your words of comfort. I really appreciate it.

stop worrying about nicotine. after 4 days your red blood cells are carrying nicotine free oxygen. after 2 weeks any angst from no nic will be gone, unless you allow yourself to believe the lies we were told about nicotine. i recovered from the flu i got 100 days into my quit program. haven't touched the vaporizer since. with no ill effects from nicotine withdrawal for the second time. had a horrible day yesterday, worked for almost 18 hours, no vaporizer, not missing nicotine, and learning how to deal with problems without a lit cigarette sticking out of every orifice of my body.allow yourself to heal from the effects of vaping.(i doubt it will last long) there will be discomfort time to time. most of which can be rectified by hydrating. you can do this.

thanks jfalbanese yeah trying not to worry much about it.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks Vapoor eyes er. I think I'm just thinking way to much... I really have to control this anxiety. thanks for your words of comfort. I really appreciate it.
You're very welcome and Thank You! I meant every word of it and judging from your posts you deserve the best life has to offer. Just remember we're always here to offer each other support...I need that just as much as you and many others here.
Have a GREAT DAY and Dream of the Future :thumbs:

jayj

Jun 3, 2013
Philippines
You're very welcome and Thank You! I meant every word of it and judging from your posts you deserve the best life has to offer. Just remember we're always here to offer each other support...I need that just as much as you and many others here.
Have a GREAT DAY and Dream of the Future :thumbs:

Thanks again! :)

Dream of the future. Hmmm sounds like a good idea to keep me calm. :)

I still think you should slowly wean yourself from the nic instead of going cold turkey. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-tightness-after-quitting-e-cig-vaping.html

Thanks RosaJ ! I'm vaping 0mg nic now and its kinda helping... trying to find low mg of nic here its a bit hard especially most of vape stores open around 2pm or 3pm (and its only 9am here)

I still feel a bit drowsy but not as much. as for the tightness of chest well no tightness at the moment.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread