Slow Night: Newbie Ask Me Something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
deback - here's a tip if you don't already know. Curl the cord at the base and get some electrical tape and tape it down. Doing that will restrict it from twisting (at the base) which dramatically improves lifespan. If you don't do that you run the risk of the inside wire breaking/shorting out.

Yea, thanks, I saw that suggestion (by you or someone somewhere), and it won't work too well with this passthrough. The cord would end up being in my hand whenever I'm holding it, and that wouldn't be a good idea or comfortable. I'll just be careful and make sure I don't twist or break the cord. I've been using PTs for about a month and have gotten in the habit of handling them in a certain way to avoid that problem. I think if I curled it and taped it onto the PT, there would be more risk of damage. I appreciate the tip, though!

berger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Carvahall
Ive got a question concerning the nicotine absorption. Ive read several places analogs has an absorption rate of about 1-2 mg per stick depending on brands etc.
Has anyone seen anything concerning the absorption rate of the nicotine when using ecigs? For example if Im using one CE XL carto per day at 1.8 ml (theoretical) with 24 mg/ml nicotine, how much do I actually intake into the blood stream like and analog would?

Vvenus

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Texas Baby!
Ive got a question concerning the nicotine absorption. Ive read several places analogs has an absorption rate of about 1-2 mg per stick depending on brands etc.
Has anyone seen anything concerning the absorption rate of the nicotine when using ecigs? For example if Im using one CE XL carto per day at 1.8 ml (theoretical) with 24 mg/ml nicotine, how much do I actually intake into the blood stream like and analog would?

Here is a thread with "models" of nic absorption. analog vs. vaping
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dvap/359-getting-mg-right-model.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread