• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Slowtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I have been buying from fastech and have placed four orders and thus far have had no problems and orders been arriving in reasonable time when I used EMS. Do not ever use their free shipping that suxs. Last order I placed the tracking did not show up for 9 days and then two days latter I get an email that my tracking number changed. The order finally arrived three weeks latter and excuse me I paid for EMS....fastech is rapidly becoming SLOWTECH.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
To be honest, it's seemed to me that they've been pretty good about getting my orders out the door. For the most part I stick to things that I don't need in a hurry, and items that are listed as being in stock when I order them. In the (almost) three years I've been ordering from them, I've been averaging about three weeks from order to mailbox, and I have lately been using the free USPS ePacket option for shipping.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
To be honest, it's seemed to me that they've been pretty good about getting my orders out the door. For the most part I stick to things that I don't need in a hurry, and items that are listed as being in stock when I order them. In the (almost) three years I've been ordering from them, I've been averaging about three weeks from order to mailbox, and I have lately been using the free USPS ePacket option for shipping.

Thank you for your reply, Yes, like you I ordered things that were in stock or so their website showed. What amazed me was that the tracking number took 9 days to show up, then two days latter I get an email saying that my tracking number had changed.

On previous orders I received tracking numbers in 48 hours and no longer that 10 business days to turn up at my door.

Ok I log onto that number and see that it is now with Australia Post. (I am in Australia) Fine, they sent it to an Australian customs clearance house, this I discovered when I received my parcel and did a net search who the sender was. It was not Fastech direct. All previous orders came to me direct from Fastech direct and not through some third party clearance house. EMS AFAIK is international express post, and never takes any longer than 10 days to get to me. Now with this new nonsense it took three weeks.

Australia Post is totally useless, as the clearance house on forwarded the parcel by road freight (another 4-6 business days) and not by express post what I initially paid for. Why this messing around I do not know. I have tried to talk to Fastech via Skype and that ini itself was an exercise in futility . People in the USA might get better service. I am not at all pleased as they offered no explanation why the delay for items that were in stock. I never pre order or place items on wish lists.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Really just luck of the draw, I would of got this order tomorrow if wasn't a holiday

kjopoiQ.png

Reactions: Acer50

szot

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    External batteries are not shipped to most countries now, including the US..but there are some that do have shipping available to them via Post-NL...and USPS and most domestic shippers in most countries, no longer tracks most anything from China..there are a few exceptions like EMS and DHL shipping.

Internal batteries are shipped to most all countries using Singapore Post shipping, but tracking stops once arrival at the final destination country..usually a 10-15 day shipping from FT to your door in the US..just received some 2200 mah ego batteries ($8) in 14 days to my door , once shipped from FT..US Customs and USPS took 9 days to my door, and SG Post took 5 days from FT to Singapore to the US..

Last edited:

szot

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    IN Stock means that FT expects that particular sku/item to be delivered to them within 24 hours...it does NOT mean that others who ordered before you and have been waiting, will be passed over, and you will get your order shipped BEFORE them..BUT, most items IN Stock, are assigned to your order within a couple days , since they are usually items in high demand with a recurring quick turnover and shipped to the customers soon..(in 3 years , I have never waited longer than 3 days for packaging of items IN Stock) and again, FT does NOT maintain a large warehouse of inventory and must depend on the local manufacturers to produce these items , and then they are assigned to previous buyers , first come first served..thats how FT can keep prices down and cheaper than most other Chinese vendors, and MUCH cheaper than B&M shops throughout the world who order from FT and other Chinese retailers..

and who cares about tracking...your own country does NOT even track most packages from China beginning about 6 months ago...tracking does NOT make it be delivered any faster..

Acer50

ECF Veteran
    Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    www.facebook.com
    IN Stock means that FT expects that particular sku/item to be delivered to them within 24 hours...it does NOT mean that others who ordered before you and have been waiting, will be passed over, and you will get your order shipped BEFORE them..BUT, most items IN Stock, are assigned to your order within a couple days , since they are usually items in high demand with a recurring quick turnover and shipped to the customers soon..(in 3 years , I have never waited longer than 3 days for packaging of items IN Stock) and again, FT does NOT maintain a large warehouse of inventory and must depend on the local manufacturers to produce these items , and then they are assigned to previous buyers , first come first served..thats how FT can keep prices down and cheaper than most other Chinese vendors, and MUCH cheaper than B&M shops throughout the world who order from FT and other Chinese retailers..

and who cares about tracking...your own country does NOT even track most packages from China beginning about 6 months ago...tracking does NOT make it be delivered any faster..

Aha, that explains it well. All they are basically similar to 'drop shippers'
    Thanks for that it explains a lot.

szot

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Yes, FT is only a retailer, not a manufacturer..they sell authentic products purchased from the OEM at and below MAP prices, and clones made locally..they are located in the middle of the manufacturing area in China..FT also does provide Drop Shipping services to its customers, if they set up a merchant account..

Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is an agreement between suppliers and retailers stipulating the lowest price an item is allowed to be advertised at

Where is FastTech located?

Operated by Cloud Commerce Systems Limited located in Hong Kong, FastTech's main warehouse is strategically situated in Guangdong, China, where the Pearl River Delta is located. Foxconn runs factories with over half a million people here. Quoting Wikipedia, "the Pearl River Delta [is] the world's workshop and is a major manufacturing base for products such as electronic products." By situating ourselves at the heart of the baking oven of electronics, we gain direct access to the best selections of the latest gadgets and equipments at the best possible factory direct price. The tremendous savings are then passed on directly to customers like you.

Is FastTech legit?

We run our own inventory and customer support center, in a modern loft of over 30,000 square feet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread