Small electronic cigarette "brick and mortar" retailer information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone aware of a retailer association or organization? Is anyone aware of where someone might find information regarding smaller vape shop/E-cig retailer business information?

I understand this industry is still in its infancy, but there must be a resource for those interested in being able to determine potential income, inventory replenishment, market size, etc. etc.

I am shocked that a Retail trade association does not exist for "vape" stores.

Any help you could provide towards this end would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you kindly,...

dopey8358

Aug 27, 2013
VA
Well, you kind of answered your own question. Since it's a relatively new thing, no one has created trade association yet (to my knowledge). Maybe you can do it! There is a list on this forum of retailers, although it is not 100% complete. Since most of the shops are retailers of wholesale goods, many have similar hardware, branded differently. Juice is often custom made for many retail shops, although some just buy in bulk and fill their own bottles. A lot of market research is yet to be done because there aren't solid numbers and many people are still skeptical of the benefits of vaping (you wont find many skeptical people here though!)

I'd like to see the numbers for some of these B&M shops, since they have enormous markups. Many custom mod manufacturers have high markups because they are making custom stuff. Just like carpentry. I just sold a coffee table I made out of reclaimed wood for $800 that I made in my spare time and put about $75 into. Not too shabby for a hobby. I paid off the drill press, planer, sander, drill bits, clamps, and then some with the profit.

Look at Alibaba for sources of rebranded hardware and any number of juice manufacturers in the US, you can find all the numbers you need on the Google.

Welcome to ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread