Small puffs won't cut it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike .. w

Nov 3, 2016
So , I'm not obnoxious or unreasonable but if I'm ouside and not in a giant crowd of people I can't see a reason to hide my vape. I don't enjoy mouth to lung period I like a big cloud , not for the cloud itself but because that's what satisfies my craving. I figure if people can't get over it when I'm not in their vicinity than they can basically go to hell . I'm not here to make them happy therefore I could care less what they think. As I said , so long as I'm not in a large crowd or obviously inside. Not going to change my vape set up because people are whiners . And really so far I haven't had anybody complain but hopefully when they do I can explain a few thing . Doubtful though as people like that don't generally care to listen.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
If people are complaining, then you're likely bothering them. Try some common courtesy. It's no different than playing music too loud or letting your kids run around loose. If you're nowhere near them and they just don't like the looks of it, then I agree with you. To hell with them.

Mike .. w

Nov 3, 2016
If people are complaining, then you're likely bothering them. Try some common courtesy. It's no different than playing music too loud or letting your kids run around loose. If you're nowhere near them and they just don't like the looks of it, then I agree with you. To hell with them.
No complaints yet, just read a lot about it mostly here in these forums. I get some funny looks and I really don't blow ridiculous clouds either , not out running max vg with a crazy build just for the sake of clouds. They are probably verging on mid range from what I've seen cloud wise. Just reading through here got me thinking about it and I almost got a bit self conscious about it . Not really even sure why I posted this , other than just to re affirm that if I'm not blowing it near you and you look at me funny I'm not gonna run out and buy a lame set up to satisfy John q public. Like I said I'm not obnoxious about it so I don't expect a complaint but I'm not gonna change how I vape just cause I'm in public. That being said I don't vape in front of stores , or in parking lots or really anywhere people roam in herds as I don't care to be a smudge on the vaping community in general. I'm totally reasonable and respect people's space and their right not to have clouds in their face. But honestly if I'm ouside and somebody does approach me to ask me not to vape they will not be happy with the response since after all they would have to go out of their way to approach me about it.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
Well, you're going to get some looks no doubt. I saw a car the other day with clouds billowing out of it so bad I was wondering how the driver could even see. I can just imagine what non-vapers would think of it.
That's funny. I was on my way home from work the other day and vaping at a stop light. There was a decent amount of vapor coming out of my driver window. This car honks from across the intersection and the guy yells "We get it, you vape"!

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
At work we have our vapers. The younger guys only care about clouds and the older guys only care about not smoking any more.
I am one of those "older guys" in my mid 60s and I love chucking clouds now that I have stopped smoking. Now that cold weather has arrived those clouds really look massive.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I am one of those "older guys" in my mid 60s and I love chucking clouds now that I have stopped smoking. Now that cold weather has arrived those clouds really look massive.
Clouds is what got vaping restricted on my shop floor. Now I have to be sneaky.

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Clouds is what got vaping restricted on my shop floor. Now I have to be sneaky.

At least it has not been banned entirely sofarsogood. But the fact it got restricted by discourteous fellow vapers abusing the privilege is bothersome. We gotta realize it will be the perception of vaping by the general public and lawmakers (ie non-vapers) that will determine the rights of vapers. With smoking already having such a negative public image it is going to take a lot of goodwill to get even a halfway fair shake from regulators. We're guilty until proven innocent is the reality. The first person I vaped around wrinkled their nose and turned their head from eight feet away when I exhaled a simple MTL puff in their direction. That's what we're up against.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
yeah! like massive it's hilarious, I swear now that my gear has evolved it may actually snow from my clouds at -30C

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I try to be considerate of those around me, but sometimes people have the most ridiculous things to say about vapers. Someone told me to explode away them them.
I presume you intended that to read 'explode away from them' icedsoul. To us may seem funny but you can tell from where they developed their opinion of vaping. I was watching the morning news a while back airing 'dramatic' video of a guy with e-cigarette going off in pants pocket. Group of people around him shouting while he was jumping around slapping at it and trying to get it out. Finally does, drops it on ground where its smoking with sparks flying, and people are scattering. I'm sure tens of thousands of people watching TV that morning saw it and for many that is all they know about vaping. It's risky behavior to them.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Although I am not as they say chucking clouds, my GF tends to get upset at the amount of vapor that my MOD produces. I found a simple solution to appease her and that was to hold my vapor in a bit longer. She asked me once if I could turn it down to produce less vapor. No need to chain vape when I do it and exhale a considerably smaller cloud. All the explaining of why my high VG produces more clouds than what she uses made a difference so I found the solution and made the adjustment in my vaping style. Life is just learning to adjust.

Schue

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2015
Texas
So , I'm not obnoxious or unreasonable but if I'm ouside and not in a giant crowd of people I can't see a reason to hide my vape. I don't enjoy mouth to lung period I like a big cloud , not for the cloud itself but because that's what satisfies my craving. I figure if people can't get over it when I'm not in their vicinity than they can basically go to hell . I'm not here to make them happy therefore I could care less what they think. As I said , so long as I'm not in a large crowd or obviously inside. Not going to change my vape set up because people are whiners . And really so far I haven't had anybody complain but hopefully when they do I can explain a few thing . Doubtful though as people like that don't generally care to listen.

I too like big clouds, but I do not vape around large crowds because I know it may bother some people. I will find an area away from people and I do not vape at designated smoking areas because I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes anymore. Make me physically ill.

I generally only vape at work, at home, in the car, or in a crowd with other vapers. I can go most of the day without vaping if I cannot find a comfortable spot to do so.

Reactions: tckenno

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Yep, I'm only about 10 years behind you and I do like chucking a healthy cloud. Why Vaping worked getting me off the stinkies and all else failed is the draw and exhale of the smoke.
I try to be considerate of those around me, but sometimes people have the most ridiculous things to say about vapers. Someone told me to explode away them them.
Once in a while I'll get an ignorant comment like that I just respond with "wow, sounds like you've really done your homework" and leave it at that.

Anyway to the OP, don't worry about what others think as long as you're not being obnoxious just ignore them. It's all about staying off the Stinkies. I luck chucking some respectable plumage but I'm also very conscious of others around me. When I'm out and about around people like on the sidewalk, bus stop, etc. I insure I stand away from them and vape on my Tootie Puffer, a Kayfun. But when I'm stationary like at work, out having a beer, etc. and go to the smoking area I break out my dripper or other gear and enjoy.

Bottom line, if you enjoy chucking a good cloud and are respectful not to be obnoxious and blow it around them ignore them. It's their problem not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread