Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The industry is really in two pieces. We started, more or less, with cig-a-likes, and then expanded to larger devices because vapers wanted more features and battery life. A majority of smokers, just quitting and considering vaping, look at the cig-a-likes as some kind of old friend because it is reminiscent of the smoking form factor. It's familiar. So, naturally, it's attractive. However, vaping is not smoking and any battery that's going to last you more than an hour or two is going to be larger than a cigarette. Many vapers went back to smoking when the batteries were all so small you needed a fistful to get through a day. When the larger batteries came out, the 14 mm and up batteries, that is, there has been a near revolution into vaping, because the battery life and features are now there. So, too, are the better delivery devices for all day use, and stronger juice for the hard core smokers, like me.

Every day, we see posts from new members who say they started with cig-a-likes, but now need to ugrade for the reasons mentioned. This must happen close to 100 times every day. Some members and lurkers just read about these options and come to conclusion that it's better to start with an ego/stick battery, or the best stick battery out there, imho, the iTaste 3.0. The iTaste 3.0 has been my favorite stick battery since the day it came out, I bought four and replaced all my stick batteries with them. Why?

The form factor is slightly smaller than a Twist or Spinner, et al, and yet the full features and functions of an APV, like a Vamo. I don't even understand how they get all the electronics into so small a form factor. Everything else with an Ohm meter for example is larger, at least off the top of my head it is. Variable voltage and variable power, an Ohm meter, ego and 510 threading (meaning it will accept almost any topper on the market), +/- buttons, USB passthrough charging, LCD display (!), 800 mAh (the size of an 18350 battery and two to six times more than the charge that can be found in any cig-a-like, even a puff counter, four colors and tiny. What difference does it make whether you take a single iTaste 3.0 out for the evening, or three, or more, cig-a-likes? Not only are these little jewels small in size, they are huge in features and functions that every vaper will appreciate in time.

Believe me, these iTaste's get comfortable after only a few minutes, familiar by tonight, and useful like there is no tomorrow. Just buy two of them and skip the $50 - 80 that most people "waste" on the cigalikes. That being said, there are plenty of forum members who use and enjoy the cigalikes, may never change to anything larger, or consider anything bigger. To each their own. The one that keeps you from smoking is the one for you....period. It takes what it takes, but at least you are now informed, and if you go the cigalike route and later decided to get something bigger, at least you knew about these options, these tendencies, and have this information now, so you can make the best choice for you. The iTaste 3.0 though is a hugely popular APV though for very good reasons, and you should, at least, check them out. Happy hunting, good luck to you, welcome to the Forum, my two cents, and truly wish you well and good fortune!!!

P.S,. I love a good NJoy, now and then, but two hours, $8??? I just can't afford that!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If I buy Innoken iTaste VV 3.0 for example will it work any e-liquids? Or any specific considerations?
Thanks.
That depends upon the topper (juice attachment) that is on the iTaste VV. The iTaste VV is just a battery, it doesn't have anything to do with the e-liquid. There are several options of juice attachments, and all can be filled/refilled with any e-liquid you wish.

Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Right now the Kanger clearos are pretty hot, and they have some good competitors out there right now. The evod and Protank II are hugely popular. All things considered, it's hard not to recommend the Protank II to the new members because it's easy to use and maintain (that a relative term as all our toppers require maintenance), and provides an excellent vapor, flavor and throat hit. All clearos do about the same thing, but some just do it a bit better, and the Protank II is probably the big dog in the market right now. That'll change too, in time. It wasn't long ago that the vivi nova was the big dog, they're still hugely popular, and many prefer it over the bottom coil Kangers. Clearos are a good place to start, and the Protank II gets my nod at the moment as the best all around device, all things considered. YMMV. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread