Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Hahahaaaaa! This is where I'm a little spoiled because I work in the vape shop. I ordered a GIGANTIC hula hoop awhile ago and waiting for that thing was sheer torture. Sometimes when it says "out for delivery," every noise I hear makes me think it's arrived. I'm kinda like a kid waiting for Santa to show up.
It's an ongoing battle of wills between me and USPS...

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well not got anything funny to share, but will share my story of giving up smoking, as V4L helped me on that journey :)

My wife started us on the ecigs, I did not have much faith, as when I started on ecigs (over 3 years ago) they still wasn't very popular, there was only 1 vape shop in town, now there is over 30.

But she talked me into trying them, so we started on cigalikes from walgreens, they wasn't great and was still smoking, but could see they could work if had better product, so started searching online, 1st purchase online was not with V4L, but a cigalike company, and admit they did work and stopped us both smoking.

The product we was using was not very reliable and very expensive, so kept on looking, and then found V4L, still stuck with the cigalikes for a few months with V4L, but soon wanted more and moved onto the Zeus/Dial a volts with their carto tanks, I still remember how amazed I was when had my 1st vape from one of them, it was awesome.

At work I liked using the zeus with the smileomizer, as could be hands free and still vape, and the smileomizer was safe to use with my favorite V4L juice, black licorice, one of the best juices I've had, and seriously helped me stay off the stinks.

Unfortunately things seemed to go downhill with V4L and I moved onto bigger things, like box mods and RTA's. But I will always be thankful to V4L for helping me on my smokeless journey :)

Loved them
    xJn7aAs.png
    jDz9h4s.png
    He39t0S.jpg

Last edited:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Well not got anything funny to share, but will share my story of giving up smoking, as V4L helped me on that journey :)

My wife started us on the ecigs, I did not have much faith, as when I started on ecigs (over 3 years ago) they still wasn't very popular, there was only 1 vape shop in town, now there is over 30.

But she talked me into trying them, so we started on cigalikes from walgreens, they wasn't great and was still smoking, but could see they could work if had better product, so started searching online, 1st purchase online was not with V4L, but a cigalike company, and admit they did work and stopped us both smoking.

The product we was using was not very reliable and very expensive, so kept on looking, and then found V4L, still stuck with the cigalikes for a few months with V4L, but soon wanted more and moved onto the Zeus/Dial a volts with their carto tanks, I still remember how amazed I was when had my 1st vape from one of them, it was awesome.

At work I liked using the zeus with the smileomizer, as could be hands free and still vape, and the smileomizer was safe to use with my favorite V4L juice, black licorice, one of the best juices I've had, and seriously helped me stay off the stinks.

Unfortunately things seemed to go downhill with V4L and I moved onto bigger things, like box mods and RTA's. But I will always be thankful to V4L for helping me on my smokeless journey :)

Loved them
    xJn7aAs.png
    jDz9h4s.png
    He39t0S.jpg
    Thanks so much for sharing your post! The Vapor Zeus is what got me started too. Black Licorice is one of my personal faves, in addition to Cinnablaze (YUM) and now the wintergreen (I was into really menthol-ly cigs).

V4L did have a little bit of a rough patch for a little over a year when Steve had hired an interim CEO to help us get into retail and make good vaping gear available for more people. The CEO ended up taking over a lot of Steve's responsibilities and product quality/customer care (2 things that are most important to Steve) suffered. Steve's been back for a while now...and he's back on ECF NOW! (woohooooo!) so things are getting back in shape!

We still have that mission to help people smoke smarter, but since lots of our fam...just like you...have moved on to mods, we now carry mods, tanks, high-VG juices and the like! <3

Love the pics! It's nice to meet someone who's been in the V4L fam for so long!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Tell Steve you need to come down here for "research", we'll get you edumecated!

I like the sound of that!!!!! Maybe the grand prize should be hanging with lady Vapentine :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 21, 2011
    Under Down Under
    Well not got anything funny to share, but will share my story of giving up smoking, as V4L helped me on that journey...

Yup, here's my story too, I'm quoting from my 5 year Vapeversary thread, because that really says it all for me:

Yes, it's true: 5 years cigarette-free. 10th December 2010, late at night I ran out of the cigs and made the switch. I have not had a single puff of a cigarette since that night.

I won't say it was easy, I know I could not have done it without e-cigs to take the edge off. I started on an outrageously expensive brand of e-cigs, and struggled to get the nicotine level right and find satisfaction. I tried a few brands in the first 3 months, tried to go 0% nic too soon, and found this forum as I was deciding between V4L and another brand to try next. The wonderfully warm, family feel here at that time helped me make the decision to try V4L and 4% nic. These decisions contributed to my 5 years smoke-free.

I tried so many different flavours to begin with - other brands I tried had one "menthol" flavour, nothing like the V4L range of "menthols". I soon got over needing my e-cig to look like a real cig, and ended up with a rainbow of Vapor Titans. I was never going to get into filling my own cartomizers, but it didn't take too long to make that change.

For a while I tried things like variable voltage egos and even a Provari. I tried tanks for a while too.

Then the Vapor Zeus came along, with Smileomizers. I started with the auto batteries but was sent a Dual-mode to review and that was that. Didn't take long to realise I had finally found my vaping 'Nirvana".

So now I am happy with my Dual-Mode Vapor Zeus medium batteries and smileomizers. I have 4% New Menthol Wow for daytime and 2% Wowboy Peppermint for evenings. I've just received my latest order of juices and have mixed them to make 2% New Menthol and 1% Wowboy Peppermint.

Ironically (or perhaps just because I was thinking about my vaperversary), last night I dreamed I had a cigarette. And then another. I know I could so easily get hooked again, so I can never have even one of the nasty things. Can't afford it either; packs of cigs are heading towards $40 a pack here (yes, per pack, not carton), courtesy of increasing taxes.

That's my story. I am now a confirmed vaper. In the past year I have seen/met more vapers than in the previous four years, which tells me it is becoming more common even in our little city of Hobart.

So a big thank you to: Smilin' Steve and the wonderful people at V4L, and the people on this forum who gave me such amazing support, which includes so many terrific people while singling out Morandir and Snow Dragon. Love you guys !!!

Yep, that says it all. Vapor Zeus + smileomizer + New Menthol or Wowboy Peppermint = Katz's vaping Nirvana :thumb:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Yup, here's my story too, I'm quoting from my 5 year Vapeversary thread, because that really says it all for me:

Yep, that says it all. Vapor Zeus + smileomizer + New Menthol or Wowboy Peppermint = Katz's vaping Nirvana :thumb:

I love that story. I can't believe cig taxes are so high there? How are vape taxes? Fun fact: I'm originally from Hobart....Hobart, Indiana in the boring ol us that is. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread