Smoant Charon TC 218

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ecf members, as i already own the various voltage version of this device and finding it to be a superb mod i was very pleased when James from the Healthcabin sent the standard version free of charge for review. So a massive thank you to him.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smoant-charo...14232.html

What's in the Box?

1pc Smoant Charon 218W TC Box mod
1pc Micro USB Cable
1pc English User Manual
1pc Battery Safety Card
1pc Warranty Card

Aesthetics

As with all Smoant products it just looks quality, they have a look of their own which oozes class. The leather sticker on the battery cover both looks and feels right. It has a lovely polished look and even the buttons just look and feel quality. Smoant obviously payed attention to every detail.
The one sent to me is the camo version but there's plenty of options.

The Specs

1. Size: 91mm(H)*25mm(W)*53mm(L)
2. Take 2 X 18650 battery
3. Material: Zinc alloy & High quality leather
4. VW Mode power range: 1-218W
5. Temperature Control Mode support Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Ni-chrome and TCR(Temperature Coefficient of Resistivity)
6. TC temperature range: 200-600℉/ 100-300℃
7. Support resistance low to 0.1ohm
8. Firmware Upgradable
9. Magnetic back cover, be easy to replace the battery
10. Can be charging through usb port
11. Weight(Without batteries): 195g
12. Low Resistance Protection
13. Over-time Protection
14. Reverse Polarity Protection
15. Overheating Protection
16. Color : Copper/ Golden/ Black/ Stainless Steel/ Hell's Angel/ Thor's Hammer/Brazing Skull/ Evil Wolf/ Camo colors Available

Display

The display is nice and bright and simple standard fair navigating through the various modes including temperature control. It was during using the menu i actually found a con even if i am splitting hairs Sometimes when you 5 click the device to turn it off it takes 2 or 3 attemps but apart from that the mod is a breeze to use.

Using the Device

I found the device a dream to use and smoants Ant 218 chip performs masterfully. The fire button is very responsive and i had no issues whatsoever. The device fits in the hand comfortably and is a nice size for carrying around. The 510 connection pin is amongst the best out there, i expected nothing else from a smoant. Being a beginner at temp control and to not misinform you i looked at various other reviews on that subject from reviewers i rate highly. The conclusion is as usual Smoant have done a grand job. While using the device it stays very cool helped by plenty of vent holes on the back and front sides of the mod.

Feels and looks great.
Very responsive fire button.
great 510.
Nice bright display.
Easy to navigate menus.
Plenty of battery vents which as well as keeping the device cool adds to the looks.

Dislikes

Sometimes takes more than one attempt to switch device off (i might just not have the knack)

Conclusion

A quality mod, in both design and performance; at an unbelievably low price when compared to other top performing devices.
https://www.healthcabin.net/smoant-charo...14232.html

I would like to thank James and the Healthcabin once again for supplying the device for review.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread