Smok Alien 220w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learnya

Oct 23, 2017
Hi everyone!! I’m here because I have exhausted all possible sources of help and want to throw in the towel....but I’m not a quitter!!!

My problem?? I’m switching out the Q2 Core that was preinstalled with the T8 Core that came with the kit. Easy, right? Yep, except that the top part that connects to the coil doesn’t fit. I’ve wasted so much juice trying to get it screwed in. Am I doing something wrong? I’m so frustrated.

Attachments

• 31BEE8AE-C2B0-4BEC-83A2-11AA22C7071F.jpeg
    31BEE8AE-C2B0-4BEC-83A2-11AA22C7071F.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Hello and welcome.

Try this.
Take the coil and put it to the top part (chimney) after wiping both the inside threads of the coil and the threads of the chimney. Turn it once or twice as though your removing it (clockwise). Don't push it just rest it on there and turn, then turn and gently apply a little pressure to install it.

Assuming you have the correct coil, sounds like something may be in the threads or it's trying to cross thread.

If you've primed it, it'll be a little slippery so use a paper towel to hold it. Make sure the top is level and don't force the threads. Just a little, gentle pressure.

If this solves you're problem you acn seat the glass and screw the bottom on. Finger tight.

If it didn't help, well....sorry. Again, assuming you've got the correct coil.

Good luck.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Welcome @Learnya ! Sorry to hear you are struggling with your gear!

Looking at your picture, there is plenty of room for the top to come down to screw in the coil. While you have the tank empty, try assembling without the glass since that is the only thing that can impede the coil and chimney coming together. Although I have never had it happen, I suppose the coil could have a threading problem on that end. If it goes together fine a couple times without the glass, press the glass onto the top part of the tank, then screw on the base with the coil in it. When I change a coil, I turn the tank upside down (without the drip tip so it can sit that way) and remove the base with the coil in it leaving the glass firmly in the top part. Then switch out the coil, prime the coil, then assemble.

Once you get it working, plan on picking up a blunt tip syringe. They come in very handy to suck out any juice (or most of it) when changing coils just after filling a tank or when having a problem like this.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Here is a you tube vid on the tank

I've got the Big Baby Beast about the same thing but bigger, screws together the same way. Take it apart put it together again, maybe check the way the atomizer screws in and the atomizer screws to the top.

Good video @Carl2, much better then my attempt to explain. But did want to comment on a couple of my habits, not a necessity, just my own habits:

After priming as the video shows, I always fill the tank before putting it on the mod, especially a mod that is on and set at the higher end of the wattage range. Keeps the mod dry in the rare event of leaking and keeps me from accidently holding down the fire button while screwing on the tank. But that's just me.

Hopefully, @Learnya will stop back and let us know if he/she got it working.

Learnya

Oct 23, 2017
Good video @Carl2, much better then my attempt to explain. But did want to comment on a couple of my habits, not a necessity, just my own habits:

After priming as the video shows, I always fill the tank before putting it on the mod, especially a mod that is on and set at the higher end of the wattage range. Keeps the mod dry in the rare event of leaking and keeps me from accidently holding down the fire button while screwing on the tank. But that's just me.

Hopefully, @Learnya will stop back and let us know if he/she got it working.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone!!! I took jfcooley’s advice and I am back in business!! I read and watched everyone’s replies...you all have shed a new light on my alien mod. I appreciate the help!!!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
More light on the way.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

• Informative

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Hi everyone!! I’m here because I have exhausted all possible sources of help and want to throw in the towel....but I’m not a quitter!!!

My problem?? I’m switching out the Q2 Core that was preinstalled with the T8 Core that came with the kit. Easy, right? Yep, except that the top part that connects to the coil doesn’t fit. I’ve wasted so much juice trying to get it screwed in. Am I doing something wrong? I’m so frustrated.
JUST BY CHANCE,,,,,,
Is the glass in your picture for the RTA ( Re-buildable Tank Atomizer )...
If so,,,,, Its longer ( to fit the RTA ) than the stock coils....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread